Prices come crashing WAY down

david_sobe

Should have said that they are just making it more difficult to book and feel they are getting the same deal that we got. I also forgot to mention these guys love a good deal just as much as the rest of us.

Maybe the lack of promos is a disincentive because your friends know the deal you got.

I booked back when it was kids sail free, AND got to pick a perk without any additional service charges. These new lower prices would only make my cruise marginally less expensive but I'd lose the perks. KSF is a pretty big deal for me.

If it was just two of us and I had the time, I might bite at the no frills pricing.

Should have said that they are just making it more difficult to book and feel they are getting the same deal that we got. I also forgot to mention these guys love a good deal just as much as the rest of us.

Who doesn't like a good deal? You would think that would go without saying.

Funny thing...

Just tried a mock booking on the Escape for April 30th. As I suspected, the 30 day rule does NOT apply in this case. I can book the "sail away rate" without promos, or I can choose to book at a different rate WITH the promos added. The mock booking I tried (for a balcony) came to $649pp without the promos, and $849 with. So, for only $200 more, I could have BOTH the drink and the specialty dining packages.

I guess Princess had more to offer than that.

More proof good NCL deals do exist. You just have to make the effort to find them.

True, perhaps ... these are very recent "proof" & past final payment cutoff for most sailings with the "deals" now being thrown out - you would have to try very, very hard a month or two ago to find the kind of "deals" popping up all over, most are good but not all - IMO.

Other lines started doing their discounting ahead of NCL, setting the pace in motion - either NCL come along & do the same/similar or else, the cabins would go empty ... which isn't a bad thing.

...where is the logic here? We know the South FL ports have a capacity excess due to all the big ships coupled with the Zika scare. One would think that FDR might know this too do you agree? 8 days out I doubt that they will fill these unsold cabins ...

Well, corporate has a foot-in-mouth "challenge" now because about a year ago, NCL signaled a series of change - with passionate debate here on CC ... some of us said, time will tell and to me, the jury is still out.

But, my feeling is that the evidence are trickling in - suggesting otherwise, back to same old monkey tricks with the show-n-tell.

Still waiting & looking for evidence of the enhanced & upscale products for the average passengers sailing NCL, excluding those who are doing the Haven ... and, there are lots more upsell these days than - say, 3 to 6 months ago. Aside from reviews & reports of the food being better (which is subjective) - other feedbacks lately aren't exactly very encouraging for some of us (again, opinions are what they are)

Is it a dumb move ? I dunno for sure, maybe - NCLH has to find ways to pay for financing the new ships, regardless of who signed the orders to built or when - the current CEO is the "watch" commander (plus 2 smaller ships for the luxury brand just inked)

Edited by mking8288

Who doesn't like a good deal? You would think that would go without saying.

Funny thing...

Just tried a mock booking on the Escape for April 30th. As I suspected, the 30 day rule does NOT apply in this case. I can book the "sail away rate" without promos, or I can choose to book at a different rate WITH the promos added. The mock booking I tried (for a balcony) came to $649pp without the promos, and $849 with. So, for only $200 more, I could have BOTH the drink and the specialty dining packages.

I guess Princess had more to offer than that.

If you add 200usd x2 is 400usd plus the gratuities which are going to be almost 300usd for both dining and ubp this comes to 700usd!!!!Thats a lot of money for bar drinks and three nights specialty!!Way better to pay as you go

If you add 200usd x2 is 400usd plus the gratuities which are going to be almost 300usd for both dining and ubp this comes to 700usd!!!!Thats a lot of money for bar drinks and three nights specialty!!Way better to pay as you go

OK...since you opened that door...

The premise was that the very good friends "had" to book on Princess instead of the Escape because they could NOT take advantage of the Free Choice Promotion...when in fact, they could.

Now you are saying that having the promos is bad because it is "Way better to pay as you go".

So, if what you claim is true, then why on Earth would the very good friends choose Princess when they really wanted to try the Megaship, they were offered the promos at a much lower cost than they could have simply purchased them for, and (according to your post above) they could book at a cheaper price without the promos because it is "way better to pay as you go"?

Can't have it both ways.

Can you get a price drop if it is before final payment due date but you already paid off the cruise?

i.e. if my final payment date is say June 27 but I paid off my cruise on May 27, could I still get a price drop on June 4

Maggie

Yes, it does not matter when you paid off the cruise… So long as it is not passed final payment date.

Harriet

More proof good NCL deals do exist. You just have to make the effort to find them.

Yup. Last week I cancelled my booking (cost me $100) and rebooked through Jetblue when they had the 2 day tax free sail. Ended up getting another $250 OBC AND another $200 from jetblue. Woo-hoo.

Can you get a price drop if it is before final payment due date but you already paid off the cruise?

i.e. if my final payment date is say June 27 but I paid off my cruise on May 27, could I still get a price drop on June 4?

Maggie

Yes, we did this on our current cruise. The difference was credited back to our credit card within 2 days.

Yup. Last week I cancelled my booking (cost me $100) and rebooked through Jetblue when they had the 2 day tax free sail. Ended up getting another $250 OBC AND another $200 from jetblue. Woo-hoo.

Nice score and win. Congratulations. :)