rooms on the bump

RMac713

We really like the 1A's on the front slant as we prefer to see forward and out. Love the larger balconies. We are going to try a 1B on the flat part of the hump on a Transpacific next year. Here's hoping we won't be disappointed. I do like the idea of being able to look forward and aft.

The location of these cabins is great as they are close to the elevators but are not at all noisy.

Hi - here's a pic of angled-slant 'hump' balconies and you can see the depth of the 4 balconies on the slant on each deck. Just booked 9209 on Eclipse for 2017 trip. Happy Cruising.

I always book a slanted cabin now. I think you will agree, by looking at the attached plan, that the 1 st and 3rd off the straight, have the largest balconies.

83a074d77596656a428fe640230f9934.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

Hi - here's a pic of angled-slant 'hump' balconies and you can see the depth of the 4 balconies on the slant on each deck. Just booked 9209 on Eclipse for 2017 trip. Happy Cruising.

Thanks for the photo Greydog. We were just able to switch our cabin (another slant) for the first off. That one's always been elusive. I saw it pop back in, put a hold on it, called my TA and had them switch it out. Your photo made me antsy to get on board and start enjoying!

I’ve had 1122 on Equinox, it was a slanting hump balcony, big, but not as big as next door

This time I have a balcony on the flat part of the hump, I assume that will be the same size as a normal non hump balcony ?

I quite fancy seeing both ways as long as it’s not a smaller cabin or balcony

We always try to get a balcony cabin on the flat part of the hump because the slanted ones cost more money and often booked anyway, so I disagree with post #3 that said you wouldn't want to have one of those cabins. Honestly, I don't think I would like the biggest balcony anyway because I would feel further away from the ocean when sitting in our cabin. The middle sized ones look nice.

To answer your question, the cabins and balconies on the flat part of the hump are exactly the same size as a "regular" veranda room, but there are other benefits of being on the hump, even on the flat part:

1) location location, location! Close to the elevators and stairs but you do not get noise from them.

2) you can look straight down to the ocean instead of straight down into a life boat - great for watching the pilot get on/off the ship.

3) you get unobstructed views both fore and aft

Sue

We always try to get a balcony cabin on the flat part of the hump because the slanted ones cost more money and often booked anyway ... Sue

I want to add to my previous post that I was able to snag one of these coveted cabins with the big balcony just once in my cruising history, I had booked that cruise a couple of years in advance. But I was unexpectedly upgraded - I found out when I got to the ship - to a concierge level cabin at the very front of the ship. I wasn't asked in advance if I wanted the upgrade and was rather upset by it, especially since I'm sometimes affected by the motion of the ocean. The front desk couldn't do anything about it since they'd given our cabin away and the ship was full.

Sue

Just be careful if you book a hump Aqua Class cabin on the 11th floor forward, on the aft side of the hump. You will have window washing equipment right in front of you (it should be listed as an obstructed view cabin but it is not!). If you have the cabins aft or in front of that cabin, the equipment will be in your line of sight but not quite as obstructive. Just had this cabin so I want to warn others. This is not a problem on other floors - but it is a problem on each side of the ship.

I want to add to my previous post that I was able to snag one of these coveted cabins with the big balcony just once in my cruising history, I had booked that cruise a couple of years in advance. But I was unexpectedly upgraded - I found out when I got to the ship - to a concierge level cabin at the very front of the ship. I wasn't asked in advance if I wanted the upgrade and was rather upset by it, especially since I'm sometimes affected by the motion of the ocean. The front desk couldn't do anything about it since they'd given our cabin away and the ship was full.

Sue

Did you have a guarantee or had you booked that particular cabin?I'd have been upset in the latter.

I am looking at Reflection for one of my options for a cruise next March. Based on some reviews' date=' I know people like to book the rooms on the bump. But when I look at rooms available online, the only bump rooms are on the sloping edges of the bump--not the straight part. Are those rooms just as good? What is a good deck that has rooms above and below?[/quote']

Well so much for trying to post a photo. I'll have to try and figure that out tomorrow :)

Sue

Did you have a guarantee or had you booked that particular cabin?I'd have been upset in the latter.

I had booked that specific 1A cabin with the big balcony almost 2 years earlier !! I complained at the front desk. They thought I'd be happy about getting upgraded. I said I had paid extra to get a bigger balcony, and I didn't like being way up front since we were crossing some typically rough waters. They said I should have indicated in my profile (somewhere in the website) that I don't want free upgrades. The next day they called me to tell me that they had a veranda cabin available that was roughly mid-ship, but it was a regular balcony cabin on a lower deck than I had originally booked. I decided to just stick with my "upgrade" - at least I got canapes every day and a nicer tote bag, lol. Too bad I couldn't get the points that went with it. We had some serious waves one night and I grumbled again that night. On the first day, I did visit the hallway outside the cabin I was supposed to get, and saw luggage with GTY tags outside "my" cabin. Bet they were happy.

Sue

Edited by SandG

I had booked that specific 1A cabin with the big balcony almost 2 years earlier !! I complained at the front desk. They thought I'd be happy about getting upgraded. I said I had paid extra to get a bigger balcony, and I didn't like being way up front since we were crossing some typically rough waters. They said I should have indicated in my profile (somewhere in the website) that I don't want free upgrades. The next day they called me to tell me that they had a veranda cabin available that was roughly mid-ship, but it was a regular balcony cabin on a lower deck than I had originally booked. I decided to just stick with my "upgrade" - at least I got canapes every day and a nicer tote bag, lol. Too bad I couldn't get the points that went with it. We had some serious waves one night and I grumbled again that night. On the first day, I did visit the hallway outside the cabin I was supposed to get, and saw luggage with GTY tags outside "my" cabin. Bet they were happy.

Sue

That would have made me angry especially on an S class ship where the balcony and concierge class cabins are the same size! The cabin is the same, the additional perks that come with Concierge Class pale in comparison to having the extra large balcony for the whole cruise.

You seem to have handled it with a pretty calm demeanor.

Compliments. We have one of those coveted cabins in Aqua class and would be really upset to have it taken without notice since. I also like midship for a similar reason.

Just be careful if you book a hump Aqua Class cabin on the 11th floor forward, on the aft side of the hump. You will have window washing equipment right in front of you (it should be listed as an obstructed view cabin but it is not!). If you have the cabins aft or in front of that cabin, the equipment will be in your line of sight but not quite as obstructive. Just had this cabin so I want to warn others. This is not a problem on other floors - but it is a problem on each side of the ship.

We have booked Aqua cabin 1552 rear of front hump as I had read the window washing equipment was not in the same place on reflection can you confirm which cabin number please.

We were in 9270 on the Silhouette and it was awesome with a huge balcony

Do you have any photos of the balcony?

Was it dark in the cabin since the balcony is larger? Did the balcony eat up most of the sun?

Do you have any photos of the balcony?

Was it dark in the cabin since the balcony is larger? Did the balcony eat up most of the sun?

I can’t say that I have ever noticed that the cabin is darker, but I mainly use my cabin to sleep in anyway!

The photo is of 1A balcony 9237.

You can usually find sun near the rail and shade nearer the cabin.

797f39e63dd42f6e31676f192133057f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have cabin 8283 on Silhouette next month. Any thoughts on this cabin? I know it's on the hump but I'm not sure if it has one of the biggest balconies? I do know it's bigger than a normal balcony.

Many thanks for any info.

We have cabin 8283 on Silhouette next month. Any thoughts on this cabin? I know it's on the hump but I'm not sure if it has one of the biggest balconies? I do know it's bigger than a normal balcony.

Many thanks for any info.

Lottie, yes, it has the largest size of ordinary veranda cabin. About three times normal. I’ve stayed in them a few times on different decks and the balcony is great. Like having an extra room. You won’t be able to see forward, just aft.

Phil

Lottie, yes, it has the largest size of ordinary veranda cabin. About three times normal. I’ve stayed in them a few times on different decks and the balcony is great. Like having an extra room. You won’t be able to see forward, just aft.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I should have just asked you! :D

I can’t say that I have ever noticed that the cabin is darker, but I mainly use my cabin to sleep in anyway!

The photo is of 1A balcony 9237.

You can usually find sun near the rail and shade nearer the cabin.

797f39e63dd42f6e31676f192133057f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! Yeah, we usually use the cabin just to sleep as well. This is the first time we’ve been on a cruise with “at sea” days though, so I’m thinking we may use the cabin more than usual. Granted I would likely be on the balcony, but I’d hate for it to be super dark because there’s no light coming in. I actually do like the idea of some shade on the balcony though.

We just got back from Silhouette Eastern Caribbean, March 25. We had 2 "hump" cabins- 6215 and 6211- A1 category. LOVED them so much. Room attendant opened up glass divider between the balconies, which made them connecting. Very big forward facing balconies. Always able to get shade. 6215 has bed next to balcony. 6211 has bed next to bathroom. (see deck plans to compare locations) Thought we would hate being on deck 6, so low, but actually liked being closer to water. 6215- cannot see life boats. 6211- can see life boats, but not obstructed view. Close to elevator, but could not hear anything at all- above, below, next to. Yes, the supply closet is situated outside the door, but we didn't mind. Could find our attendant easier and leave OUR room service trays there for pick up. I think we will always try for a "hump" now- spoiled!

We just got back from Silhouette Eastern Caribbean, March 25. We had 2 "hump" cabins- 6215 and 6211- A1 category. LOVED them so much. Room attendant opened up glass divider between the balconies, which made them connecting. Very big forward facing balconies. Always able to get shade. 6215 has bed next to balcony. 6211 has bed next to bathroom. (see deck plans to compare locations) Thought we would hate being on deck 6, so low, but actually liked being closer to water. 6215- cannot see life boats. 6211- can see life boats, but not obstructed view. Close to elevator, but could not hear anything at all- above, below, next to. Yes, the supply closet is situated outside the door, but we didn't mind. Could find our attendant easier and leave OUR room service trays there for pick up. I think we will always try for a "hump" now- spoiled!

Oh! Someone posted a great video of cabin 9215 Silhouette on this site. Do a search for that room. It gives you a great idea of the size of the largest hump balcony.

Good question!!! I just booked a "bump" room on the Resort Deck, C-2 on Silhouette for TA cruise in November and await responses with you.

My favorite, just a quick walk to the pool, elevators, oceanview cafe. We have booked it several times.