Alfredo's pizza currently offered on the Island?

Alaska0799

We loved Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Sapphire a few years ago but apparently only a few of the ships offer it. We recently read that sometimes Sabatini's on the Coral and Island will open a section of the restaurant and offer Alfredo's pizza at lunchtime. We'll be on the Island in July and would love to know if it will be offered! (When I called Princess, they could not answer that question.)

Any insight offered will be greatly appreciated!

Good to know. We enjoyed Alfredo's on Grand and then again on Coral. We're booked on Island in June and will definitely eat there again. It is infinitely better than the Lido deck pizza.

It's a side section of Sabitini's (deck 7) that's open from 11:30- 2:30. The only ships that have an entire restaurant called Alfredos are the Grand, Sapphire, Regal and Royal. I've already booked Regal and can't wait to go back to Alfredo's. The best dish on the entire ship (and free) is the Agnolotti pasta at Alfredo's.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Is there an extra charge for the Alfredo's pizza on the Coral when it is in Sabatini's?

Is it open for lunch every day?

Any idea whether they have gluten-free available? or is that just at the pizzeria that is on one of the decks (I think Lido?).

We loved Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Sapphire a few years ago but apparently only a few of the ships offer it. We recently read that sometimes Sabatini's on the Coral and Island will open a section of the restaurant and offer Alfredo's pizza at lunchtime. We'll be on the Island in July and would love to know if it will be offered! (When I called Princess, they could not answer that question.)

Any insight offered will be greatly appreciated!

Yes you can, enjoy it.

Is there an extra charge for the Alfredo's pizza on the Coral when it is in Sabatini's?

Is it open for lunch every day?

Any idea whether they have gluten-free available? or is that just at the pizzeria that is on one of the decks (I think Lido?).

I am sure Alfredos would get a GF pizza base for you, they have them on the deck pizzerias on Princess, you just have to wait a little while for them to make one up and/or preorder. I am a coeliac - gluten intolerant and on Island in Nov/Dec. I would call into Alfredos in Sabatinis or wherever and ask them to get a GF pizza base for me, then nominate your toppings. I am sure it would be done, if a problem contact the Maitre'D or one of the Head Waiters around the ship.

Edited by NSWP

I am sure Alfredos would get a GF pizza base for you, they have them on the deck pizzerias on Princess, you just have to wait a little while for them to make one up and/or preorder. I am a coeliac - gluten intolerant and on Island in Nov/Dec. I would call into Alfredos in Sabatinis or wherever and ask them to get a GF pizza base for me, then nominate your toppings. I am sure it would be done, if a problem contact the Maitre'D or one of the Head Waiters around the ship.

Thanks - I know I've read somewhere you could pre-order them at the deck pizzeria. Some others said it was not that good - what was your opinion? It's actually for my husband and son who both have celiacs. I get the regular stuff:)

It's a side section of Sabitini's (deck 7) that's open from 11:30- 2:30. The only ships that have an entire restaurant called Alfredos are the Grand, Sapphire, Regal and Royal. I've already booked Regal and can't wait to go back to Alfredo's. The best dish on the entire ship (and free) is the Agnolotti pasta at Alfredo's.

Thanks! Looking forward to trying it next month!

Thanks - I know I've read somewhere you could pre-order them at the deck pizzeria. Some others said it was not that good - what was your opinion? It's actually for my husband and son who both have celiacs. I get the regular stuff:)

The GF pizza bases would be made from Rice Flour or Maize Flour. The last GF pizza I had on Princess was on Golden 2 years ago. It was ok, not great, pastry not very crispy, but that is usual for such gf bases. Makes a change from usual lunchtime fare though.

Another tip to assist you husband and son...: Get some GF bread from the Horizon Court buffet (ask the supervisor to get you some) and take it to the grill on deck for a burger. frankfurt or chicken sandwich. The grill does not stock GF bread. To the best of my knowledge the frankfurts and burgers were gluten free, no wheat flour.

Also, in the MDR ask your servers or head waiter to get you some gf crackers from the store, they got me a couple of packs, they go well with the cheese plate.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by NSWP

I am celiac and have enjoyed the gluten free pizza at Alfredo's on the Grand Princess. In my opinion, it was MUCH better than the gluten free pizza on the Lido deck. And I didn't have to preorder at Alfredo's, either. Just went in there for lunch and ordered it, no problem at all. As far as gluten free pizza goes, it was surprisingly good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The GF pizza bases would be made from Rice Flour or Maize Flour. The last GF pizza I had on Princess was on Golden 2 years ago. It was ok, not great, pastry not very crispy, but that is usual for such gf bases. Makes a change from usual lunchtime fare though.

Another tip to assist you husband and son...: Get some GF bread from the Horizon Court buffet (ask the supervisor to get you some) and take it to the grill on deck for a burger. frankfurt or chicken sandwich. The grill does not stock GF bread. To the best of my knowledge the frankfurts and burgers were gluten free, no wheat flour.

Also, in the MDR ask your servers or head waiter to get you some gf crackers from the store, they got me a couple of packs, they go well with the cheese plate.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the great tips! I will make note of them!

I am celiac and have enjoyed the gluten free pizza at Alfredo's on the Grand Princess. In my opinion, it was MUCH better than the gluten free pizza on the Lido deck. And I didn't have to preorder at Alfredo's, either. Just went in there for lunch and ordered it, no problem at all. As far as gluten free pizza goes, it was surprisingly good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the further info re Alfredos GF, sounds good.

Just off the Island Princess after doing a 15 day Panama cruise. Alfredo's was open almost everyday I can only think of once when it was closed. Normally it was open from 11:30 to 2.

Thanks! Excited to hear it might be open most days and anxious to try their pizza!