Just Booked Our OLife Excursions!

nyfeds

Pleasantly surprised to see that Oceania finally plugged in their OLife excursions for our October cruise on Sirena. Also pleased to see that booking our 4 OLife excursions saved us close to $3,000! Not bad! Not bad at all!

Edited by nyfeds

Pleasantly surprised to see that Oceania finally plugged in their OLife excursions for our October cruise on Sirena. Also pleased to see that booking our 4 OLife excursions saved us close to $3,000! Not bad! Not bad at all!

Extremely surprised at the $3,000 as that would be an average of $375 each based on 4 excursions for 2 people?? Thought OLife was only for the lower cost excursions and did not include the higher cost excursions????

Am concerned that you might have actually bought the extra cost excursions and your credit card will be charged for that. Strongly suggest you recheck what you bought as thought OLife excursions were in the $150 each range.

Good luck

Extremely surprised at the $3,000 as that would be an average of $375 each based on 4 excursions for 2 people?? Thought OLife was only for the lower cost excursions and did not include the higher cost excursions????

Am concerned that you might have actually bought the extra cost excursions and your credit card will be charged for that. Strongly suggest you recheck what you bought as thought OLife excursions were in the $150 each range.

Good luck

What is the difference between the two?

What is the difference between the two?

Not sure this totally answers your question but, if you look at the end of the first sentence below, OLIFE included excursions exclude Oceania choice, Oceania Exclusive and Executive Collections.

You will need to go to the Oceania website to see exactly what those are but, I have been told that you can't see the pricing until you have booked a cruise.

I can tell you that all of the excluded excursions are the higher priced excursions that might average the $375 pp that the OP evidently booked and are not included. This leaves the balance of the excursions which are generally but, not totally walking tours, bus tours and the like usually, but not only 4 hours or less.

It's not necessarily that the included excursions are not good, it's that they are not what some people might want to go on and that cost more than the included ones. Since I can't get on the site to see the tour prices, I will go with bitbob's comment that O's excursions prices are absurd.

I see now that another poster has posted and their included excursions average $179 which is about 1/2 what the OP mentioned and much closer to my original estimate of $150

Hope this detailed explanation helps.

OLIFE CHOICE

*Standard terms apply, in addition: OLife Choice amenities are subject to change. OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Choice, Oceania Exclusive and Executive Collection. Voyages up to 9 days receive 3 free shore excursions; 10-12 days receive 4 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 5 free shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing. OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity and amenity must be chosen by final payment. Beginning with the follow voyages: Riviera April 9, 2017; Marina May 1, 2017; Nautica May 4, 2017; Regatta May 10, 2017; Insignia July 6, 2017; Sirena July 7, 2017; OLife Choice offer expires on 9/30/16.

I've booked 14 Oceania "included" excursions for 3 cruises this year. The highest cost posted on the excursion list for the "included" class has been $199 per person. Any excursion over $200 has been OE, OC or executive classes and as stated these are not "free."

AgAin the "perceived" value is the price oceAnia assigns. It is a multiple of the cost of these same tours if booked privately. A tour for which Oceania charging 199 can likely be booked for 75 to 125 pp privately.

Nice they are included in the fare but let's not be deceived into thinking they are worth the value Oceania assigns to them.

AgAin the "perceived" value is the price oceAnia assigns. It is a multiple of the cost of these same tours if booked privately. A tour for which Oceania charging 199 can likely be booked for 75 to 125 pp privately.

Nice they are included in the fare but let's not be deceived into thinking they are worth the value Oceania assigns to them.

And that's what makes it nice that for people that feel this way that they can get OBC credit instead. In the past that option didn't exist.

I've booked 14 Oceania "included" excursions for 3 cruises this year. The highest cost posted on the excursion list for the "included" class has been $199 per person. Any excursion over $200 has been OE, OC or executive classes and as stated these are not "free."

Earlier this week I booked 3 included excursions and they averaged $179 each with 1 at the 'max' $199 Oceania listed price.

Good luck

Sorry for my HUGE error!!! OLife savings $1,132. I inadvertently included pay on own excursions. Still, a nice savings.

Maximum excursion allowance for OLife is $199 pp.

Edited by nyfeds

Which is probably more than it would cost to book an equivalent tour privately

I am sure you are right, but you can only use the OBC on the ship and will have to pay on your own for private tours. I don't know if I could use all that OBC on the ship, combined with all the other credits we get. Could be a few thousand dollars. A lot to spend.

I'm guessing the culinary tours (labeled CT in the tour descriptions) will not fall under tours eligible for 'free' status, as I also guess they will be valued by O as much more than $199.

I booked under the O life last Dec and not under the new O choice.

Interesting the $199 limit for the O choice because I was able to get the Olife shore ex's that were in the $250 range 5 tours we got a total of $1550 in O's value scale......which is skewed to the extreme. Got Gratuities, internet too.... and $600 obc on top of our regular bronze.. Wont see that again.

I booked under the O life last Dec and not under the new O choice.

Interesting the $199 limit for the O choice because I was able to get the Olife shore ex's that were in the $250 range 5 tours we got a total of $1550 in O's value scale......which is skewed to the extreme. Got Gratuities, internet too.... and $600 obc on top of our regular bronze.. Wont see that again.

Probably not. Enjoy it while you can. We also booked for this summer last Nov. under the old O Life and got a lot more than we could get now.