Budweiser Drinkers Please Unite

Aussie One

Well Aussie, you can if you want, but that's the problem with drinking tea abroad, especially in the States. They don't boil the water. So warm beer won't make a decent cuppa :)

Best temperature for a good ale is around 50 degrees F / 10 degrees C. ABV <5% and not overly carbonated. Nice full flavor with moderate hops and rich not watery background.

Well Aussie, you can if you want, but that's the problem with drinking tea abroad, especially in the States. They don't boil the water. So warm beer won't make a decent cuppa :)

We drink our tea cold down South and DO boil the water.

There are some excellent beers in the USA, like Sam Adams and Blue Moon, also, many good microbreweries. Draft beer in the USA is usually not too cold. If you buy a bottle, it has come from a refrigeration, which I think has about a 40 degree temp. After living in Bavaria for four years, I became very happy with warm beer. Of course, the beer in Bavaria is natural and fantastic.

We drink our tea cold down South and DO boil the water.

There are some excellent beers in the USA, like Sam Adams and Blue Moon, also, many good microbreweries. Draft beer in the USA is usually not too cold. If you buy a bottle, it has come from a refrigeration, which I think has about a 40 degree temp. After living in Bavaria for four years, I became very happy with warm beer. Of course, the beer in Bavaria is natural and fantastic.

I certainly wouldn't consider either Sam or Blue Moon (a witbier) as excellent, but taste is very subjective. My sister only drinks Coors Light, but I never criticize her for it. :rolleyes:

My draft beer is always served in a frosted mug and is cold. I'm not sure where you get your beer. Most draft beers are kept between 36-38 degrees F because they are not pasteurized. I've never had an Augustiner or other German beer that was warm. :eek:

Edited by Wine-O

I certainly wouldn't consider either Sam or Blue Moon (a witbier) as excellent, but taste is very subjective. My sister only drinks Coors Light, but I never criticize her for it. :rolleyes:

My draft beer is always served in a frosted mug and is cold. I'm not sure where you get your beer. Most draft beers are kept between 36-38 degrees F because they are not pasteurized. I've never had an Augustiner or other German beer that was warm. :eek:

When I lived in Germany and drank the local beer, it just seemed warmer than what you get in the USA. I never tried to find out the temperature.

Never got why beer needs to be in a frosted mug, isn't it cold enough when it comes out of the tap. To me, it ends up looking like you've got scum floating on the top and no taste because it's too cold.

Hi Guys, when i cruise i always drink Bud my last cruise with RCL out of Hong Kong i ordered A bud and it came in a small 330 mill bottle in past cruises when on X In came in alumniom 16 Ounce bottles on a closer look your not going to like this The RCL Bud was manufactured in New Zealand Sacrilege.

Bud also comes in 355 mill i think this is 12 ounces this is imported to Australia. please check that your Bud is not from Kiwi country. please advise whats served on X some might say you cant tell the difference but that's after ten or twenty Buds have a Bud DAY Aussie

Bud is absolutely rot gut terrible tasting beer (IMHO).....:):):)

Bob

The title of the post is "Bud Lovers Unite" If you don't like Bud, ignore it. For those who posted negative comments, I assume you can't read, a troller looking to stir the pot, or just immature. One of the three.

Here comes the thought police again.

Here comes the thought police again.

It's called common courtesy, if you can't contribute something pertinent to the subject, keep you nose out of it. He didn't ask for beer suggestions or negative comments. If you don't agree, start your own post and blast away. Call it beer snobs or my opinion is the only one that matters.

Thought police, what an original idea.

Bud was the beer of my younger days , now I wouldn't touch it. But hey enjoy what you enjoy and live and let live.

My former father in law still drinks Schaffer ....At least if they still make it, that is (I haven't seen either one around in a while :))

It's called common courtesy, if you can't contribute something pertinent to the subject, keep you nose out of it. He didn't ask for beer suggestions or negative comments. If you don't agree, start your own post and blast away. Call it beer snobs or my opinion is the only one that matters.

I meant well, since I hoped to explain to the poster that instead of cheap hamburger there are T-bone steaks and Fillets out there.

We have a saying Beer when its near Brandy when its Handy

we also have micro breweries popping up every where there are two many craft beers on the market its like buying wine all bull sssht about taste palate

and cost have a G/Day Aussie

Bud is a cold beverage when no other beers area around.

Once you have been to other countries, like Belgium, most other beers are just thirst quenchers when it is hot. Heck my wine snob lady, YES enjoyed a Belgium beer when we visit.

I can't stand those 16 oz. aluminum bottles they have. The beer tastes horrible in them. I wish they would just stick to regular bottled beer.

Hate to say it, but I think the industry is moving towards cans or as you mentioned aluminum bottles.

I love bottles, but can see it happening here in Atlanta, GA, USA.

As for Bud and OP, hard for me to fault you. I use to drink Bud, then wanted Coors, then starting drinking stronger tasting beers, especially British ales. Whitbread and then Old Speckled Hen. Don't drink many lagers as they tend to have more carbonation. Think it is the bottom fermenting yeast as my guess.

US has so many craft beers now, it is great. I love the IPA style personally.

MY biggest issue is brewers increasing the ABV (alcohol by volume) for what reason I cannot figure. I have ordered some of the high specific gravity beers and they serve them in foo foo glasses due to so much alcohol. I want to drink some beers, not a half beer.

My son in law and daughter have to bring their own Bud Lights and keep in my fridge in basement. Will not buy the stuff. They love it. So........... I cannot complain as I have friends who cringe when tasting one of my beers. Good news for me is if they buy one when we are out, I get 1 1/2 beers for price of 1! :)

Edited by shipshape sam

I guess we are not allowed to post our thoughts.....:rolleyes:

Bob

Hate to say it, but I think the industry is moving towards cans or as you mentioned aluminum bottles.

I love bottles, but can see it happening here in Atlanta, GA, USA.

As for Bud and OP, hard for me to fault you. I use to drink Bud, then wanted Coors, then starting drinking stronger tasting beers, especially British ales. Whitbread and then Old Speckled Hen. Don't drink many lagers as they tend to have more carbonation. Think it is the bottom fermenting yeast as my guess.

US has so many craft beers now, it is great. I love the IPA style personally.

MY biggest issue is brewers increasing the ABV (alcohol by volume) for what reason I cannot figure. I have ordered some of the high specific gravity beers and they serve them in foo foo glasses due to so much alcohol. I want to drink some beers, not a half beer.

My son in law and daughter have to bring their own Bud Lights and keep in my fridge in basement. Will not buy the stuff. They love it. So........... I cannot complain as I have friends who cringe when tasting one of my beers. Good news for me is if they buy one when we are out, I get 1 1/2 beers for price of 1! :)

The reason a lot of USA craft beers have a high ABV, is because when they started brewing them, they didn't have the experience or knowledge British, German & Belgian brewers have in how to get the differing aromas, flavours and textures into the beer. So they decided to brew them with a high ABV to make them more appealing to the US market. A lot of American Micro breweries have now been sending their staff to British breweries to learn their trade.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The reason a lot of USA craft beers have a high ABV, is because when they started brewing them, they didn't have the experience or knowledge British, German & Belgian brewers have in how to get the differing aromas, flavours and textures into the beer. So they decided to brew them with a high ABV to make them more appealing to the US market. A lot of American Micro breweries have now been sending their staff to British breweries to learn their trade.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Love those ales. For the price of a few cases of good craft beers or ales anyone who can read and follow directions can produce beers or ales far superior to anything you will get commercially. Cleanliness, attention to detail and patience is all one needs along with a little equipment.

It is also a great hobby that pays off when you want to watch a few hours of football and have a few pints or more along the way without forgetting where you are or feeling like an over inflated balloon.. LOL

You can make anything from the typical carbonated defrost lagers all the way up to the high proof barley wines.

bosco

Recently Sierra Nevada built a brewery near my home and I have became very partial to its many types of IPAs.

I have seen Sierra Nevada on the Celebrity beer menu and have asked for it on several different cruises always to be told it was sold out or they just don't have it. :( I am hoping for my upcoming cruise in 5 months on the Equinox its in stock.