ms Maasdam Sail-Away April 26, 2016

Boytjie

Is that official yet? I've been crazy with end of semester school so i haven't read that whole thread yet.

I don't feel like the sources I've seen are necessarily reliable although her days are clearly numbered. I'm afraid my cruise on Veendam will likely be my last on S-Class. I'll be sorry to see them go.

Roy

I can't stay, unfortunately, as I have to go to a meeting. But popped in to say that on the Veendam sailaway thread there was a discussion about horns, and I responded later to POA's post about that topic. Won't repost it here, but you can check back on that thread.

Enjoy sailaway!:)

Here's the relevant content so that people don't have to hunt for it

=== BEGIN ===

Yes, they were. I wish we knew who the complainer was. It's clearly not someone from the 'hood. If they feel compelled to complain on our behalf, the least they can do is contribute towards our property taxes. ;) <br />

<br />

Anyone who's spent time here, or who paid attention while sailing out of Port Everglades knows that we loves us our cruise ship horns. Heck, there's often as much - if not more - noise from the condos. Air horns, bells, and the one person who has a full blown train horn set up. [emoji350]

<br />

<br >

FROM LIZZIE68 - -

If you cast your mind back aways to a thread where there were one or two complainers about the Westerdam horns, it will become clear who.... at that time I christened them the Horn Haters. And it is no one who lives in your area. It is a member of CC. That person had a little pull with HAL, and wrote one letter of complaint and the order went out. This has been confirmed by the Westerdam captain. <br />

<br />

Perhaps a letter-writing campaign from the rest of us can reverse the situation.....<br/>

=== END ===

If you didn't have sound, you didn’t miss much. Just the standard toots. The Maasdam has never been one to do a lot of honking.

It's a shame, because the two newest Princess ships always play their Love Boat horns 4 or 5 times - MINIMUM. It's a 6 note tune, so that's at least 24-30 honks. And you know that they're not going to stop that because (a)they paid a lot for those horns, and (b) it's great advertising.