Sawgrass Mills

Irishcanuck

Cruising with Princess in January 2027. Between our B2b is a stop in Fort Lauderdale. Knowing my SO she will want to do some shopping. Any suggestions on getting to Sawgrass mills from port Everglades? Looks like all aboard at 1500

Many thanks

Phil

Princess will most likely have an excursion to Sawgrass then a drop off at the Fort Lauderdale airport. For those on a B2B the bus will then return to the ship.

Alternatives are renting a car or taking a taxi/uber. Sawgrass is approximately 16 miles/20 minutes (without traffic) away from Port Everglades. Taxi fare could be around $45 each way so a car rental would be cheaper but more of a time consuming hassle since there are no pick ups/drop offs at Port Everglades. You would have to go to the airport or one of the off-site locations to pick up/return and then get back to the port.

capriccio I don't know what racetrack you are driving but I've never made it to Sawgrass in twenty minutes. It takes me more like 30-45 from downtown depending on traffic. :) Or maybe I'm a crappy driver?

To the OP, I'd Uber. Sawgrass is massive.

Download a map and make a game plan. Seriously.

Edited by BlueHerons

capriccio I don't know what racetrack you are driving but I've never made it to Sawgrass in twenty minutes. It takes me more like 30-45 from downtown depending on traffic. :) Or maybe I'm a crappy driver?

I did say 'without traffic' :D meaning that the ride would be longer and the price higher :eek:.

OP - I noticed you are in Belfast, Northern Ireland so I don't how familiar you are with Uber but there are lots of threads on this board about using it in Fort Lauderdale.

I did say 'without traffic' :D meaning that the ride would be longer and the price higher :eek:.

Missed that completely, sorry!

Any longer, I just fight the traffic and drive down Sunrise so I can skip the interstates.

Cruising with Princess in January 2027.

That is forward planning!:D:D

Sawgrass is huge. I think it only opens at 10am, so with your all aboard time, it really doesnt leave a lot of time outlet shopping. We tried it once, but didn't really enjoy it. Too spread out, too much to see.

We now shop in Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale. It's not an outlet mall, but has a good selection of shops, and there is a Macy's that always seems to have a sale going on!

Based on their roll call posts the OP's turnaround day is Thursday January 19. So they will have rush hour traffic to consider. Thus I wouldn't even think about Aventura Mall as an alternative, unless the OP really prefers fighting much worse traffic to get to Aventura's much pricier shops in comparison to Sawgrass.