Thank You CB - Horizon Court games

FoghornLeghorn

Thanks to the staff of the Caribbean Princess for very kindly asking people to NOT play cards/dominos, etc all day at the Horizon Court Buffet tables.

I have been up there many times during this cruise (TA to London) to find one or two tables available to have lunch or dinner, and find all of the others occupied with card games, dominoes, people reading and not leaving the table for hours.

Now that we are getting closer to Europe, the weather is getting cooler and eating inside is where people would like to enjoy their food.

There are many places to play games available. The Palm dining room is opened in the afternoon for games, Wheelhouse, Skywalkers and several other areas without hogging the tables in the buffet.

Thanks to the staff of the Caribbean Princess for very kindly asking people to NOT play cards/dominos, etc all day at the Horizon Court Buffet tables.

I have been up there many times during this cruise (TA to London) to find one or two tables available to have lunch or dinner, and find all of the others occupied with card games, dominoes, people reading and not leaving the table for hours.

Now that we are getting closer to Europe, the weather is getting cooler and eating inside is where people would like to enjoy their food.

There are many places to play games available. The Palm dining room is opened in the afternoon for games, Wheelhouse, Skywalkers and several other areas without hogging the tables in the buffet.

I just hit the Like button.

Tony

We are not buffet people but whenever I walk thru a Horizon Court I have certainly seen game players but there has always been lots of empty tables for diners. Now, should game players not use the tables at the pools in warmer climates....and if not where should the be allowed to play? Should people not be allowed to sit in lounges without purchasing a drink? Should people only be allowed to use a lounger for an hour before moving on? Maybe pool time should be restricted, people could be issued with plastic punch card to ensure there is not abuse. We are not game players....but where do restrictions begin and end?

Must be one heck of a lot of card/domino players,what with only 1 or2 tables left,how many tables would there be 100 maybe.:cool:;)

Edited by mrs and mrs

Could be worse. On our last cruise there was a husband and wife who had their religious pamphlets on their table. Don't think they ever left the buffet area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could be worse. On our last cruise there was a husband and wife who had their religious pamphlets on their table. Don't think they ever left the buffet area.

And that hurt you.... How:confused::confused::confused:

Wonders again are we living in a different world,a parallel universe,a vortex,a black hole,i have never seen this sort of thing before.Am i walking round with my eyes closed,or is it that i just dont care what people do as long as it dosent impact on me and my good wife.:):)

Edited by mrs and mrs

We been on a number of ships where there was a daily announcement in the Patter that either the Crown Grill or Sabatinis would be open for games (I've even seen Princess supply some) or card playing. That would seem much more comfortable to me than the buffet; not to mention more considerate of fellow, hungry passengers.

This is good news, particularly for the colder weather cruises. We'll be on the first British Isles trip of the season on May 8, and I'm a little concerned that it will be hard to find a table since I doubt many will be eating outside. Everyone should be happy if there is in fact another spot designated for those who want a table for games, reading, etc.

If there are still free tables what does it matter what people are doing at the other tables?

Puzzles me...:confused::confused:

Good point. I don't think that there were only "one or two" tables available either. Maybe the nice ones by the window were taken, but I have a hard time imagining the entire Caribbean Princess buffet filled with dominoes and cards. :rolleyes: I did a TA on that ship once. It was cold out there on the Northern Sea, but I always managed to find a table where I could eat lunch. (If I remember correctly, most of the card players were gathered at the far back of the buffet.)

I am sure the staff appreciates your thanks, though I'm not sure how many read Cruise Critic.

We have been on several Caribbean Princess cruises this past year and I have also observed the wait staff asking gamers to move when the buffet seating area approaches full. Usually it is the largest tables, which are at a premium, where this was observed.

We've been able to find seating for our meal at all times.

At first I thought the OP was talking about the (limited) seating at IC or in the atrium area. I can see that being a problem. However, I've seen a fair number of Mah Jongg players, card players, domino players, and such in HC and it's never seemed to be enough people to impact my usage. Perhaps on this specific cruise there was a huge convention of game players or something???

Edited by Thrak

If there are still free tables what does it matter what people are doing at the other tables?

Puzzles me...:confused::confused:

I am guessing it is one of those rules that is only enforced when needed (ie if there are no tables free for people to eat at during peak hours).

I am guessing it is one of those rules that is only enforced when needed (ie if there are no tables free for people to eat at during peak hours).

That's exactly the problem.

People using the tables for things other than eating during peak eating times.

Thogs- table hogs

Edited by SadieN

We been on a number of ships where there was a daily announcement in the Patter that either the Crown Grill or Sabatinis would be open for games (I've even seen Princess supply some) or card playing. That would seem much more comfortable to me than the buffet; not to mention more considerate of fellow, hungry passengers.

One time, I saw some playing mahjong at the inner section of the Wheelhouse Bar. The bar staff said it is only up to 4pm when they open and dim the lights.

I just pull up a chair and eat like a hog, burping and slurping. Moves em every time. I'm a Vietnam Vet, and I don't go for bullies even the kind taking over tables.

That sounds even more like being a bully then the people you are complaining about. Both behaviors are being rude. Would be a toss up on which would be considered the more boorish.

Edited by RDC1