Jacket Required in Pinnacle?

Tennant

Is a jacket required in the pinnacle grill? DH is not taking formal clothes (no suit), only smart casual and we are wondering if he needs a jacket to dine in the pinnacle grill. Will be traveling to Alaska so we are keeping this cruise more casual than normal.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is a jacket required in the pinnacle grill? DH is not taking formal clothes (no suit), only smart casual and we are wondering if he needs a jacket to dine in the pinnacle grill. Will be traveling to Alaska so we are keeping this cruise more casual than normal.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska cruises tend to be a bit more casual so without quoting the new dress policy verbatim I would say no with the possible exception of Gala Evenings, but even at that it's a toss up.

We were dining in the pinnacle in the first gala night of an 11 day cruise. The was a gentleman with black casual bangs and a black shirt, no tie, no jacket. No one made a fuss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No one should. Hal has changed their required dress so there is nothing for them to say.

It's my understanding that there is no distinction in dress code for Pinnacle compared to MDR. And I would expect Canaletto to be the same. Lido has always be the place to eat if you didn't want to dress to the dress code recommendations, or use room service.

That said, jackets are no longer required for Gala nights. The last two cruises we made involved trips with parts of our travels in cold weather regions, so DH chose to bring a black cardigan which he wore for an added warm layer many places, and on Gala nights with dress shirt, tie, black slacks and black shoes. That's what worked best for us.

Enjoy Alaska! m--

We were dining in the pinnacle in the first gala night of an 11 day cruise. The was a gentleman with black casual bangs and a black shirt, no tie, no jacket. No one made a fuss

I'm not sure what hairstyle has to do with formal or informal attire.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Jacket and tie are no longer required. Items of clothing sufficient to conceal the neccessaries is acceptable.

I normally take along a sport coat and tie, the Tux is gathering dust. Since I retired, I do my best to limit suits to weddings and funerals.

There is nothing particularly formal about "formal night". It has always been a photo op, a chance for the ships company to sell you photos because you look so nice.

That being said, it is still nice to dress for dinner once in a while. If you want to do that, a sport coat will do nicely. Tie optional.

Enjoy the cruise.

Jacket and tie are no longer required. Items of clothing sufficient to conceal the neccessaries is acceptable.

I normally take along a sport coat and tie, the Tux is gathering dust. Since I retired, I do my best to limit suits to weddings and funerals.

There is nothing particularly formal about "formal night". It has always been a photo op, a chance for the ships company to sell you photos because you look so nice.

That being said, it is still nice to dress for dinner once in a while. If you want to do that, a sport coat will do nicely. Tie optional.

Enjoy the cruise.

I kind of have to disagree with one part of your comment. After cruising with Hal for many years Formal Night, as it was once known, was a special evening for many Hal folks and even with the change many still do the "formal thing" including my wife and I. My Tux always gets packed on every cruise and we are retired. As far as the pictures during Formal or Gala evenings we decline. The Photographers provide a service to those that want a momento of their cruise, it's a business separate from Hal.

I kind of have to disagree with one part of your comment. After cruising with Hal for many years Formal Night, as it was once known, was a special evening for many Hal folks and even with the change many still do the "formal thing" including my wife and I. My Tux always gets packed on every cruise and we are retired. As far as the pictures during Formal or Gala evenings we decline. The Photographers provide a service to those that want a momento of their cruise, it's a business separate from Hal.

Right on ... on all counts!!! Nice to see there are still a few of us left. Smooth sailing.

We were dining in the pinnacle in the first gala night of an 11 day cruise. The was a gentleman with <b>black casual bangs</b> and a black shirt, no tie, no jacket. No one made a fuss
<br />

<br />

I'm not sure what hairstyle has to do with formal or informal attire.<br />

<br />

I meant to say pants. Autocorrect does some strange things and I forgot to proof read...sorry

We were dining in the pinnacle in the first gala night of an 11 day cruise. The was a gentleman with <b>black casual bangs</b> and a black shirt, no tie, no jacket. No one made a fuss
<br />

<br />

I'm not sure what hairstyle has to do with formal or informal attire.<br />

<br />

I meant to say pants. Autocorrect does some strange things and I forgot to proof read...sorry

The thing is "black casual bangs" actually are a form of casual type shoes, google it! lol

As others have already correctly discussed, a jacket and tie are no longer required.

However, you will find that even on non-Gala evenings alot of men wear a jacket and tie to the Pinnacle.

I always wear a jacket, no tie unless it's formal night. At some point if everyone shows up in the minimum dress I might change my mind.

I always wear a jacket, no tie unless it's formal night. At some point if everyone shows up in the minimum dress I might change my mind.

My Dh always wears a Jacket in the Pinnacle...He often wears either a Jacket or Sweater in the MDR because he gets cold easily.. I'm not sure if he will wear a tie on Gala night, but will see what the plans are for our next cruise in Oct...

BTW DH is wearing shorts & just shut off the vent in this computer room because the air cond. is blowing directly on him while he works on something across the room.. I keep telling him to put a blanket over his legs instead of closing the vent.. It's up to 81 in here now & I suffer with the heat when he gets cold.. :eek: