We are hooked!

djpk2003

We had the most fantastic experience on our first cruise on NCL Gem. I will try to post a more detailed review later this week once I can get caught up on "regular life" stuff that has piled up. I can't say enough good things about the staff on the Gem. They made us truly fall in love with cruising! :D

We had the most fantastic experience on our first cruise on NCL Gem. I will try to post a more detailed review later this week once I can get caught up on "regular life" stuff that has piled up. I can't say enough good things about the staff on the Gem. They made us truly fall in love with cruising! :D

It's terrible, isn't it! The addiction! What to do! Oh yea...buy future cruise certificates while on board and spend every free minute throughout the year researching, selecting, and booking! Oh yea...wondering how long our money will last and what to tell the kids about how the cruise line got all their inheritance. But worth it! Congratulations and glad you had a great cruise! By the way....you'll find that all NCL crew are wonderful folks that bring happiness to us constantly while on their ships.

Edited by roger001

It's terrible, isn't it! The addition! What to do! Oh yea...buy future cruise certificates while on board and spend every free minute throughout the year researching, selecting, and booking! Oh yea...wondering how long our money will last and what to tell the kids about how the cruise line got all their inheritance. But worth it! Congratulations and glad you had a great cruise! By the way....you'll find that all NCL crew are wonderful folks that bring happiness to us constantly while on their ships.

:D I don't have Kids, so I don't have to worry about someone complaining I have "wasted" their inheritance *lol*

I have been on most of the NCL ship's and I just LOVE cruising.

Best way to spend your vacation !!

My first cruise was on the Gem so it will always be my favorite ship, I was on it 2 years in a row doing Transatlantics. I am glad you enjoyed your time.

It's terrible, isn't it! The addiction! What to do! Oh yea...buy future cruise certificates while on board and spend every free minute throughout the year researching, selecting, and booking! Oh yea...wondering how long our money will last and what to tell the kids about how the cruise line got all their inheritance. But worth it! Congratulations and glad you had a great cruise! By the way....you'll find that all NCL crew are wonderful folks that bring happiness to us constantly while on their ships.

Hahahahahahahahahah, Crack me up!

"When cruise line got all their inheritance."

They are getting ours. We are taking a cruise for Dh 60th Bday to Bermuda.

Something that he has wanted to do for a long time. 2 days in Boston pre-cruise then a 7 day cruise to Bermuda, We have never been to Boston before.On on bucket list. Just do it! Right?

Something that he has wanted to do for a long time. 2 days in Boston pre-cruise then a 7 day cruise to Bermuda, We have never been to Boston before.On on bucket list. Just do it! Right?

That is right!!!! We've already booked our next and still have one FCC left available on our NCL account. Hmmmmmm.....where to with that one.....

Just buy life insurance and make the kids the beneficiaries. Lol. Then book the cruises with your pension and 401k monies. Lol

Just buy life insurance and make the kids the beneficiaries. Lol. Then book the cruises with your pension and 401k monies. Lol

I should just have my retirement sent direct to NCL and have NCL call me when there is enough money for the next one. Cut out the middle man....me.

krazy4cruisin - I live about 2 hrs north of Boston and really have grown to love the city (I was originally a NYC girl through and through) except for driving in Boston ( a lot of 1 way streets) Make sure you do the Freedom Trail (easily done at a slow pace during the day) and Faneiul Hall - The MBTA (subway) is a great transportation system and there is "an app" for the MBTA that shows the lines and where they go .. If you want any other ideas feel free to message me and will happily give you some ideas :)

krazy4cruisin - I live about 2 hrs north of Boston and really have grown to love the city (I was originally a NYC girl through and through) except for driving in Boston ( a lot of 1 way streets) Make sure you do the Freedom Trail (easily done at a slow pace during the day) and Faneiul Hall - The MBTA (subway) is a great transportation system and there is "an app" for the MBTA that shows the lines and where they go .. If you want any other ideas feel free to message me and will happily give you some ideas :)

Thank you so much for the info. The Freedom Trail is on the list. We will definitely

do public transportation. Any other must sees or not to miss?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Bermuda cruise the one you posted on NCL about having a SALE where you said you got it with a bunch of perks?

Your thread got pulled.. so unless you want to s p e l l out with $ y m b @ l s , nobody is going to know what you meant but thanks for the heads up.

Edited by ISLABONITA

To give the children advance notice, how about one of those bumper stickers that says:

"Spending the children's inheritance, one cruise at a time."

:D

Now you are hooked like the rest of us.

Glad you're hooked. It is a great addiction to have.

Someone mentioned Cunard. Our icon is of the QE2, the first ship we cruised on many, many years ago. We have never stopped sailing since. Although, we have stopped carrying the ball gowns and tuxedos with us on the cruise (takes up too much space in the suitcase).