how to get captains club upgrade to c class

beaveh

And I've been told u are not eligible for the upgrade if u chose a,Guarantee Cabin regardless of your status....so annoyed by this! Tried to get my upgrade from C3 to C2 and couldn't because I chose Concierge Guarantee. ...ughh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

And I've been told u are not eligible for the upgrade if u chose a,Guarantee Cabin regardless of your status....so annoyed by this! Tried to get my upgrade from C3 to C2 and couldn't because I chose Concierge Guarantee. ...ughh

This is clearly defined. I assume you received the C3 at a price lower than the regular C3 price, so you already received the free upgrade.

If not cancel the GTY and get a C2 for he price of he C3. Win-Win.

This is clearly defined. I assume you received the C3 at a price lower than the regular C3 price, so you already received the free upgrade.

If not cancel the GTY and get a C2 for he price of he C3. Win-Win.

Too late. Sold out, sailing in 41 days

We are trying Aqua this time, but might go back to C class for our next cruise, so it's good info to have.

Edit:

oh dear I've just re-read the benefits for captains club.

I've booked Aqua for my cruise and it looks like I've missed out on a category upgrade, as I didn't tell them I was a classic tier member when I booked my cabin!

Never mind, I'm not sure there's much difference between an A1 or A2 cabin anyway.

I've got a cabin near the back of the boat so it's handy for the sunset bar and the restaurants. Hubby enjoys the walk to the gym lol! So I'm quite happy with that.

Yes, there usually isn't a significant difference. I suspect cabin location is what drives most people to select A2

Hi Villa UK,

Actually 2A is not the top of its category. it is right in the middle.

Verandas as a 'Super category' range from:

1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D

The different super categories that celebrity use are.

Suites

Aqua Class

Concirge Class

Verandas

Oceanview

Insides

The text I posted is from Celebritys policy.

If someone denies you One Category Upgrade from 2A to 1C please do ask them to check the policy again.

Attached a screenshot with the grid :)

You will not get the 2A to 1C upgrade. We have been informed on several occasions that it's only within subcategory. Just the same as you will not get the C2 to C1 unless someone makes an error on your initial booking. Holiday sailings are also exempt and GTYs.

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand well, I can not be ugraded from 2d to 2c if 2d is a guarantee cabin. 2d is not mentioned as X but when I want to choose a cabin, only guarantee is available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I asked for the captain's club upgrade several days after original booking (thanks to a post on cruise critic). As soon as I read the post, called my "Big Box TA," gave them my Captain's Club number and they worked the details. Went from A2 to A1 with the bigger balcony on the hump. Win for us. As someone else mentioned, thanks to cruise critic posters for the tip.

Celebrity: Century --1998 & 2013; Constellation -- 2007 & 2010; Solstice -- 2009; Silhouette -- 2011; Eclipse -- 2014 & 2015

Royal: Grandeur of the Seas -- 2008 x2; Jewel of the Seas -- 2007; Monarch of the Seas -- 2002

Princess: Sun Princess -- 2004 & 2006; Caribbean Princess -- 2005

We are trying Aqua this time, but might go back to C class for our next cruise, so it's good info to have.

Edit:

oh dear I've just re-read the benefits for captains club.

I've booked Aqua for my cruise and it looks like I've missed out on a category upgrade, as I didn't tell them I was a classic tier member when I booked my cabin!

Never mind, I'm not sure there's much difference between an A1 or A2 cabin anyway.

I've got a cabin near the back of the boat so it's handy for the sunset bar and the restaurants. Hubby enjoys the walk to the gym lol! So I'm quite happy with that.

Even the onboard future cruise consultants will usually tell you that the A2 cabins are mostly more desirable than the A1 category ... at least on the S Class. So, you aren't missing much.

BTW, since there are no aft stairs or elevators, the cabins at the back of the ship on the S Class ships aren't so handy to get up to the sunset bar. You will have to go midship and go up the stairs or elevator and then back to the aft. It's not a problem but not really convenient if that is why you booked your cabin at the back of the ship.

OK. So if you book, for example, a Cat C2 cabin at the C3 price

a) If there is a price reduction (before final payment) in the C3 pricing can you get that reduction for your C2 cabin?

b) Would cabin availability be needed in both C2 and C3 for you to get that price reduction or just availability in C3 where the price change occurred?

OK. So if you book, for example, a Cat C2 cabin at the C3 price

a) If there is a price reduction (before final payment) in the C3 pricing can you get that reduction for your C2 cabin?

b) Would cabin availability be needed in both C2 and C3 for you to get that price reduction or just availability in C3 where the price change occurred?

(a) yes

(b) good question: suggest that only C3 availability necessary as you will be holding a C2 ? Though if no C3s are available you could get a C2 drop only if other C2s are available?