New Amenities Added to Concierge Class

Andy

On our cruise (Alaska end of May) - Aqua was £300 GBP per person more expensive than CC.

Personally I would not waste my money on CC - And if CCare being offered an extra perk - great - good on them!

Aqua is all about BLU and the Persian Gardens although I was sorely disappointed in Celebrity's Spa and would not choose Celebrity again for a transatlantic cruise soley for that reason.

I booked some 18 months ago - and at the time of booking - printed off my inclusions -

I would expect at the very least to receive a bottle of fizz on arrival -

If not - despite the fact I know its cheap fizz - and I have premium drinks package - I will kick up stink if its not there on arrival. We bring with us two bottles of decent champagne from duty free in the airport - use the ice bucket, ice, glasses etc on arrival and drink it first day after the fizz.

I couldn't care less about a sit down lunch embarkation day - I am way too excited - love to just grab something up on deck either the Mast Grill or the outdoor area - grab a cocktail - and feel the "I am on holiday" vibe :)

I don't care about the tea - the daily water - yeah - we prefer bottled water but wont lose sleep if we need to buy some.

But - as pointed out - Celebrity should stop moving the goal posts

We buy a product in advance - give them their money in advance - hopefully they honour this through until the booking/brochure period ends.

Who knows - would imagine all these changes will vary ship to ship.

I think after this Solstice cruise I am done with Celebrity for a few years - I feel Celebrity is right for us for Alaska - but after that - I am back to Norwegian with an "out of this world" spa, fantastic specialty dining - and amazing value for money including free premium drinks.

So far, Celebrity is just not floating my boat - will see how Solstice works out.

The new goodies wouldn't sway my decision.

Let's face it, I don't think they will tip the balance for most pax, however, the lunch is a nice perk. Personally, it's more about the cabin location and the little extra space (on M class) when when booking Concierge. Or for some, if they are chasing those points ;). We do like the aft cabins and so this limits our choice of categories from the outset.

Let's face it, I don't think they will tip the balance for most pax, however, the lunch is a nice perk. Personally, it's more about the cabin location and the little extra space (on M class) when when booking Concierge. Or for some, if they are chasing those points ;). We do like the aft cabins and so this limits our choice of categories from the outset.

Yep, for us it's always about location, due to some health issues, and for us, on Celebrity that generally mean CC.

I just had a side by side look at CC vs. AQ on the Celebrity web site and it looks like a lot of the CC benefits that AQ got have been removed. It looks like they are moving away from AQ being CC + other benefits and instead having a different set of benefits. hmmmm.

Thanks for the info re this one. We have been considering AQ in the future and that was mainly because it had the CC benefits and the extra AQ ones. What's been removed?

Edited by Presto2

Thanks for the info re this one. We have been considering AQ in the future and that was mainly because it had the CC benefits and the extra AQ ones. What's been removed?

Perhaps we ought to run a couple of polls asking why one would book Aqua or Concierge respectively? I suspect the majority for Aqua would be because of Blu and the majority for Concierge would be location, but there again, I may be totally wrong ;).

while the additional perks booking cc are ok, are they really worth paying perhaps $400+ additional for the cruise for a balcony cabin? If my DH and I do not book a suite, we book a balcony and enjoy more specialty restaurants or other services that are meaningful to us. We are elite plus and free laundry is a real perk IMO

Well Celebrity is always moving the goal posts - so to speak and we always end up behind the 8 ball as we are early bookers.

Majority of our cruises have been in Concierge BEFORE they had the sit down embarkation lunch, we had a Sky1 on aft BEFORE Luminae, we booked Aqua 1 on aft for Alaska (cheaper than concierge class) and THEN they took away the water (ok we have upped to the Prem. Bev Pkg but it is the idea of the thing), then we booked a Celebrity Suite for Panama Canal as we wanted Michael's Club - THEN they announced Sky Suites could use Michael's and they TOOK the two free specialty dinners but then said they'd honor them.

LOL :o This is the ebb and flow of any business as they try to maximize profit. I'm almost afraid to think about what we want to book for 2018 - no telling what changes may come.

I am looking forward to experience these perks when on the Constellation for 14 days in July. We have a C1 aft cabin. And we will be booking some ship tours, specialty restaurants with some of our OBC. We also will be DIY in Cadiz so maybe the Destination seminar orgainzed by the Concierge rather than the CD would be of value.

Will report back after our cruise.

Looking forward to lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

IMO your best "perk" with an aft cabin on Constellation is the absolutely HUGE balcony you will enjoy! Those balconies are wonderful. If you visit Lisbon, make sure you're on your balcony as you leave port - wonderful views as you pass under the bridge, pass Belem Tower and more.

I am amazed at the snide comments directed at other posters. Let people in glass houses comes to mind. People should just book whichever class they can afford or most enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cruise Critic is a great source of information. On occasion some people feel the need to be snide and rude for some unknown reason? If we were in Elementary School this would be called Bullying and you would be called into the Principal's office. We all have are own opinions, please refrain from being rude while expressing yours, thanks.

Cruise Critic is a great source of information. On occasion some people feel the need to be snide and rude for some unknown reason? If we were in Elementary School this would be called Bullying and you would be called into the Principal's office. We all have are own opinions, please refrain from being rude while expressing yours, thanks.

Some just think they are funny; but aren't.

while the additional perks booking cc are ok, are they really worth paying perhaps $400+ additional for the cruise for a balcony cabin? If my DH and I do not book a suite, we book a balcony and enjoy more specialty restaurants or other services that are meaningful to us. We are elite plus and free laundry is a real perk IMO

We are Elite + as well, We don't book AQ because we always travel with friends who book all over the ship so then we can't eat together lol. We have a 6 or 8 top early seating where we have a wonderful time catching up on everyone's day. Our whole group has noticed the increase in the quality of the food in the MDR over the last few years and because of that we hardly ever book a specialty. We much prefer CC cabins due to the great locations (and get annoyed when AQ is cheaper) but if the budget does not allow we will book a regular balcony. CC is more "valuable" to us on M Class because of the increase in cabin size. We are quite happy with the MDR and see no need for BlU or Specialties. We will enjoy the embarkation lunch and will probably use the Concierge. Appreciate

it all:)

• 3 weeks later...
Per X's web site CC benefits include "Expanded room service menu" while AQ lists "Upgraded room service menu". How do these differ from each other and the regular room service menu?

I would like to know this also.

Heck, I'd settle for knowing the menu for CC before my upcoming trip.

Thanks!

I would like to know this also.

Heck, I'd settle for knowing the menu for CC before my upcoming trip.

Thanks!

Ditto! Anyone have any updated CC room service menus? Are they also still serving MDR dishes to your room?

Just off the Eclipse having done 2 night Taster cruise b2b with 12 night cruise. NO embarkation lunch in MDR for concierge as told don't have because only taster cruise, once again a cruise line that treats you differently doing a short cruise. Got the MDR lunch on b2b day tho.

Thanks for the info Andy.

They often offer a lunch in the dining room for B2B passengers, so this may now just be an extension for the concierge passengers.

The last time we went to one of those lunches, the choices were so limited that we left and went up to the buffet for a much greater variety from which to choose.

We have absolutely no need for a "dedicated" concierge, which appears to be merely window dressing, an attempt to justify charging a higher price for concierge class by giving the appearance that it includes this exclusive service.

The regular concierge on the ship has been fine for us, very helpful and friendly, the few times that we needed concierge services, regardless of what category cabin we booked.

The last time we cruised, they had both the regular concierge and a destination concierge.

I can't think of a single thing for which we would need yet another concierge, or for that matter why the regular destination seminars would not suffice and anyone would need a

"• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge"

other than for ego stroking. ;)

I have done many B2B and never had a lunch in MDR. I keep waiting but it has never happened. I'll be there for the CC lunches though!

I have done many B2B and never had a lunch in MDR. I keep waiting but it has never happened. I'll be there for the CC lunches though!

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B series. Lunch on the turnaround day for B2B cruisers has been offered more frequently lately (ie the last two or so years). We have had lunches in the MDR or been given vouchers for a meal in the Bistro on 5. Quite frankly we are frequently off ship on the turnaround day so rarely attend.

We were on the two night "taster" cruise mentioned by "Book bug." The two night "taster" was cruise number 3 in a 4 cruise series, and we were given vouchers for a Bistro meal (included in our B2B packet).

We are Elite + as well, We don't book AQ because we always travel with friends who book all over the ship so then we can't eat together lol. We have a 6 or 8 top early seating where we have a wonderful time catching up on everyone's day. Our whole group has noticed the increase in the quality of the food in the MDR over the last few years and because of that we hardly ever book a specialty. We much prefer CC cabins due to the great locations (and get annoyed when AQ is cheaper) but if the budget does not allow we will book a regular balcony. CC is more "valuable" to us on M Class because of the increase in cabin size. We are quite happy with the MDR and see no need for BlU or Specialties. We will enjoy the embarkation lunch and will probably use the Concierge. Appreciate

it all:)

Well said! Ditto!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

What I find so interesting on this thread is that so many posters have so many different levels of expectations and requirements for their personal cruise experience. And apparently everyone is able to find a stateroom class that meets their needs. I find this to be a big advantage of Celebrity. They give you so many choices!

Our preferred stateroom category is Aqua, I don't expect everyone to agree with us. We find the biggest perk in Aqua is Blu for the lighter fare and the fantastic service. The other perks are just a bonus for us and we use and enjoy them all including the "afternoon savories" and infused teas that every one seems to hate.

There is nothing wrong with the MDR when we book Concierge or lower. But the eating experience can be either good or bad depending. Last year we were on a 16 day TA on Reflection in Concierge. We requested an 8 top table for early seating and it turned into a 9 top. One of the couples had their 35 y.o. son with them who had Asperger's Disease (look it up). He dominated the conversation in a loud voice and any experience you wanted to share, he insisted that he could top that. It was excruciating! We spent most of our evenings eating at the buffet or in a specialty restaurant. We could have asked for a change of table and this would have been accommodated, but we did not want to appear rude. Another time we shared a table with a gentleman from Alabama who wanted to re-litigate the Civil War. The first night was interesting, but night after night that is all he wanted to talk about and it got really old fast. These experiences have made us very gun shy about the MDR and eating with the same group every night for several days. It can be very good or very bad.

In Blu, most tables are two top but positioned very close to each other, so you get to converse with the folks next to you. Every night is probably someone new. Wonderful conviviality! If you find some couple you must eat with again, you can always request a four top.

Aqua pax are not permitted to eat lunch in the MDR on embarkation day with Concierge nor is Blu ever open for lunch. The buffet is usually insanely crowded on embarkation. So we have found our own food venue that is free with lots of open tables on embarkation. We head there and are perfectly happy. It has become a tradition for us. We do not miss eating in the MDR for lunch that day.

But to each his own. We have found our happy niche on Celebrity.

What I find so interesting on this thread is that so many posters have so many different levels of expectations and requirements for their personal cruise experience. And apparently everyone is able to find a stateroom class that meets their needs. I find this to be a big advantage of Celebrity. They give you so many choices!

Our preferred stateroom category is Aqua, I don't expect everyone to agree with us. We find the biggest perk in Aqua is Blu for the lighter fare and the fantastic service. The other perks are just a bonus for us and we use and enjoy them all including the "afternoon savories" and infused teas that every one seems to hate.

There is nothing wrong with the MDR when we book Concierge or lower. But the eat ining experience can be either good or bad depending. Last year we were on a 16 day TA on Reflection in Concierge. We requested an 8 top table for early seating and it turned into a 9 top. One of the couples had their 35 y.o. son with them who had Asperger's Disease (look it up). He dominated the conversation in a loud voice and any experience you wanted to share, he insisted that he could top that. It was excruciating! We spent most of our evenings eating at the buffet or in a specialty restaurant. We could have asked for a change of table and this would have been accommodated, but we did not want to appear rude. Another time we shared a table with a gentleman from Alabama who wanted to re-litigate the Civil War. The first night was interesting, but night after night that is all he wanted to talk about and it got really old fast. These experiences have made us very gun shy about the MDR and eating with the same group every night for several days. It can be very good or very bad.

In Blu, most tables are two top but positioned very close to each other, so you get to converse with the folks next to you. Every night is probably someone new. Wonderful conviviality! If you find some couple you must eat with again, you can always request a four top.

Aqua pax are not permitted to eat lunch in the MDR on embarkation day with Concierge nor is Blu ever open for lunch. The buffet is usually insanely crowded on embarkation. So we have found our own food venue that is free with lots of open tables on embarkation. We head there and are perfectly happy. It has become a tradition for us. We do not miss eating in the MDR for lunch that day.

But to each his own. We have found our happy niche on Celebrity.

Where is this food venue you have found with lots of open tables would love to know. We are soon Alaska bound on the Infinity

:confused: