RS or Two Connecting C2's on the Constellation

bhealy

We booked a 10 night Asia cruise on the Constellation. We are taking my mil and are having a hard time choosing between an RS or two balcony cabins. The price comes out to about the same.

We have taken my mil on several cruises, but the only time we stayed in the same cabin was on NCL in a two bedroom. The go best, better etc... is expensive for a solo traveler. We would really like to try a suite on Celebrity. Our worries about the RS are having one bathroom and the closet/drawer space. Do you think it would be an issue for 10 nights?

I am doing my 2nd RS on the Millennium in two weeks and these are basically the same layouts. There will be 3 women and there were 3 women the first time. There is a walk in closet and tons of space, not only in the bedroom but in the dining area too. The room has a walk in closet that is small but nice. There is only one bathroom but it has two lavatories and a separate shower from the tub. If the price is the same I would go RS due to all of the extras you get just being in the RS. We get 2 bottles of spirits, beer and such in the fridge, a butler, free premium drink package, free specialty dining, plus Lumanie as a dining place just for suites. You also get access to Michael's club. If those things are good for you then I would go with the RS.

We booked a 10 night Asia cruise on the Constellation. We are taking my mil and are having a hard time choosing between an RS or two balcony cabins. The price comes out to about the same.

We have taken my mil on several cruises, but the only time we stayed in the same cabin was on NCL in a two bedroom. The go best, better etc... is expensive for a solo traveler. We would really like to try a suite on Celebrity. Our worries about the RS are having one bathroom and the closet/drawer space. Do you think it would be an issue for 10 nights?[/quote}

There are a couple RS with a connecting cabin on the Connie. Bigger expense, but a lot more privacy and your bath worries are gone.

We're booked on the Connie for Dubai to Singapore, Jan 2018, in a RS. No MIL!

We have taken my mil on several cruises, but the only time we stayed in the same cabin was on NCL in a two bedroom. The go best, better etc... is expensive for a solo traveler. We would really like to try a suite on Celebrity. Our worries about the RS are having one bathroom and the closet/drawer space. Do you think it would be an issue for 10 nights?[/quote}

There are a couple RS with a connecting cabin on the Connie. Bigger expense, but a lot more privacy and your bath worries are gone.

We're booked on the Connie for Dubai to Singapore, Jan 2018, in a RS. No MIL!

Unless the connecting cabin is also a Suite they will not be able to dine in Luminae together without paying extra. And I believe that is only possible at dinner.

There is only one bathroom but it has two lavatories and a separate shower from the tub.

Not on Constellation and Infinity and, I understood, not on Millennium but I have not been in a RS on Millennium.

Not on Constellation and Infinity and, I understood, not on Millennium but I have not been in a RS on Millennium.

Which is why we decided to stick with the 2 cabins and not upgrade on Connie - the extra toilet is the deal breaker :cool:. According to the replies I received on CC, only the PH has 2?

We have cruised 3 adults in a RS on S class and found it works well. That second toilet and sink of the lounge does add to privacy.

We did ask our butler to show us both the CS and the RS end of cruise on Summit when we had stayed as a three in the PH....we just could not see it working as well...

Good excuse for booking the M class PH which works really well for three!

Unless the connecting cabin is also a Suite they will not be able to dine in Luminae together without paying extra. And I believe that is only possible at dinner.

When I was picking our RS, the Celebrity rep pointed out the two RS with a connecting door to the smaller concierge-class cabins and said they are often used for nannies and kids. Do you think Celebrity let's the kids eat with their parents when they book the RS and the connecting unit? I'd think so.

Edited by blizzardboy

Thank you for the responses. I am glad to hear the closet space isn't an issue.

A couple of years ago we went through a similar choice except we were deciding between an FV and two cabins. We ended up picking two cabins to have the two baths. I have a feeling we are going to end up sticking with two again even though the suite benefits are enticing.

Which is why we decided to stick with the 2 cabins and not upgrade on Connie - the extra toilet is the deal breaker :cool:. According to the replies I received on CC, only the PH has 2?

On M-class ships, yes. Even with just two of us cruising, the issue is now a deal breaker for us, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Without a doubt, Royal Suite. We just did the Royal Suite on the Celebrity Reflection and whilst I know it's a little bigger than the one on Constellation, if it's anything to go by you'll have plenty of space. The wardrobes are usually at least twice the size of a normal one so that's not a problem. I don't know if the Royal Suites on the Constellation also have a second guest bathroom like they did on the Reflection but if they do then that's really helpful too - especially if you ever have a small party.

If they're coming up at the same price, the perks you get massively outweigh getting two connecting cabins. Michael's club and Luminae are both brilliant, and the butler service feels very personal in a RS, plus all the concierge staff learn your name whereas they don't if you're in a Sky Suite. Really really worth it!!!!

Without a doubt, Royal Suite. We just did the Royal Suite on the Celebrity Reflection and whilst I know it's a little bigger than the one on Constellation, if it's anything to go by you'll have plenty of space. The wardrobes are usually at least twice the size of a normal one so that's not a problem. I don't know if the Royal Suites on the Constellation also have a second guest bathroom like they did on the Reflection but if they do then that's really helpful too - especially if you ever have a small party.

If they're coming up at the same price, the perks you get massively outweigh getting two connecting cabins. Michael's club and Luminae are both brilliant, and the butler service feels very personal in a RS, plus all the concierge staff learn your name whereas they don't if you're in a Sky Suite. Really really worth it!!!!

Much as I agree re suite perks being great the S class and M class suites are very, very different. RS on reflection not like RS on M class at all!

Definitely two connecting CS . In addition to the extra bathroom, why not have a real extra bedroom with a real bed and a good mattress. The large closet in the bedroom is great and privacy for all. If you want to get up early you have your own exit door and living room. Perks including Michael's club similar.

Enjoy!

Edited by Cruise a holic

plus all the concierge staff learn your name whereas they don't if you're in a Sky Suite. Really really worth it!!!!

And this is really important because......:confused:?

OP,

Your MIL needs a proper bed and you'll definitely appreciate having 2 toilets - go for the two CCs :confused:.

And this is really important because......:confused:?

OP,

Your MIL needs a proper bed and you'll definitely appreciate having 2 toilets - go for the two CCs :confused:.

It's important because with that extra effort comes a SIGNIFICANT better level of service from all over the ship. Before we sailed in the higher suites we thought we were getting top service on Celebrity because their customer service is brilliant regardless. When you are in one of the top suites, a note is flagged up on the system wherever you go - be it guest relations, a restaurant, Michael's club etc. The level of service is incredibly different. Anything you request is taken as absolute priority and if something goes wrong you can be sure they'll sort it. I used the example of learning your name just because this is indicative of the attentative service you get - albeit a small part of it.

The service is great whatever room you stay in, but if we compare the times we stayed in other rooms to times in a Royal Suite it is undeniably different and worth it on so many levels.

It's important because with that extra effort comes a SIGNIFICANT better level of service from all over the ship. Before we sailed in the higher suites we thought we were getting top service on Celebrity because their customer service is brilliant regardless. When you are in one of the top suites, a note is flagged up on the system wherever you go - be it guest relations, a restaurant, Michael's club etc. The level of service is incredibly different. Anything you request is taken as absolute priority and if something goes wrong you can be sure they'll sort it. I used the example of learning your name just because this is indicative of the attentative service you get - albeit a small part of it.

The service is great whatever room you stay in, but if we compare the times we stayed in other rooms to times in a Royal Suite it is undeniably different and worth it on so many levels.

Personally, I'd prefer sleeping in a proper bed and not having to queue for the bathroom in my later years than someone remembering my name - but each to their own ;).

Personally, I'd prefer sleeping in a proper bed and not having to queue for the bathroom in my later years than someone remembering my name - but each to their own ;).

Have sailed in CS multiple times on both M and S class ships and found I was always treated wonderfully. Most times we are also invited to the captain's table as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Have sailed in CS multiple times on both M and S class ships and found I was always treated wonderfully. Most times we are also invited to the captain's table as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Great, but the OP is travelling with his MIL and that's why I asked why remembering someone's name is more important than a proper bed and an extra bathroom for a mature relative.

Great, but the OP is travelling with his MIL and that's why I asked why remembering someone's name is more important than a proper bed and an extra bathroom for a mature relative.

I strongly agree and made that point a few posts up! Why wouldn't he want his Mother in law to have privacy? As a mother in law, when my DH and I travel we always have our own room/cabin when we sail with our children/grandchildren.

With our backs, no sleeper sofa for us. In addition the lack of a second bathroom is very important after a certain age!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I strongly agree and made that point a few posts up! Why wouldn't he want his Mother in law to have privacy? As a mother in law, when my DH and I travel we always have our own room/cabin when we sail with our children/grandchildren.

With our backs, no sleeper sofa for us. In addition the lack of a second bathroom is very important after a certain age!

Sorry, as you quoted my post in your reply, I thought you were agreeing with the previous poster that knowing someone's name is really important when choosing their configuration of cabins. We also prefer to have the additional privacy and bathrooms even when sailing with our teenage kids, and I don't think my MIL would be too impressed if we shoved her on the sofa bed for 10 nights :eek:.

It appears you're all focusing on the comment I made about remembering ones names rather than the overall message behind it that I elaborated on ;). Forget the name comment, as I tried to explain, it's the level of service, and primarily it's the perks such as Michael's club and Luminae. Luminae is leaps and bounds above the main dining room, and I'd say that dining is a significant part of your experience.

Of course I agree with the comments regarding the advantages of a separate bathroom and a proper bed. There are pros and cons to both and bringing a question to a forum is bound to reveal different opinions. Personally, I believe the sofa beds are perfectly comfortable, and I don't really see anyone having to "queue" for a bathroom on a regular basis for anything more than 10 minutes but I suppose we al have different bathroom habits.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything and you all have perfectly valid points. I'm just saying that if I had the choice, I'd rather those I travelled with got to experience the whole lot, including all the lovely perks that I'd be prepared to wait a few minutes for the bathroom for. Either way, whichever set up you choose, you'll be very happy! :)

Thanks for the responses. We ended up booking two aqua cabins. I would never think of having my MIL sleep on the couch. It would have been me. :)

Only just saw this. You'll love Blu and in sure MIL will appreciate having a separate room. Have a fantastic time!!