Summit embarcation day lunch Aqua class

whitelilly

They are doing embarkation lunch for Concierge Class, why not AQ???

Because AQ is not Concierge. Why do AQ get access to Persian Garden and not CC. Because its a perk of AQ.

AQ has a number of tangible benefits (well, save that they nixed the water), CC has virtually none. AQ sells out rapidly with current benefits. They have zero reason to add more. CC not so much, so they are sweetening the pot.

Its off to the buffet for you! :eek: No worries though, us CC pax will raise a toast to you in the MDR while enjoying our relaxing lunch! :D

We will return the toast at dinner while enjoying our relaxing dinner in Blu every night.:D

• 1 month later...
:cool:

Aqua always had all the features of Concierge and still does. I just called Celebrity and they confirmed this.

Call three times and you'll get three different answers, customer service is noted for this. The line stating AQ gets all Concierge benefits was removed from the web site at least a year ago. The ebrochures state Aqua gets "most" of the benefits

To answer the original question, I was in Aqua class on the Summit last week. No embarkation lunch.

Call three times and you'll get three different answers, customer service is noted for this. The line stating AQ gets all Concierge benefits was removed from the web site at least a year ago. The ebrochures state Aqua gets "most" of the benefits

To answer the original question, I was in Aqua class on the Summit last week. No embarkation lunch.

Well I will find out soon for myself. We have always eaten lunch at Bristol at Five on boarding day anyway. Its busy but you get waited on and are not walking all over looking for a table. We have always booked Concierge rooms but on this ship I like the location of the Aqua cabins on deck 11.

:cool:

Aqua always had all the features of Concierge and still does. I just called Celebrity and they confirmed this.

Not any more. I was on Infinity last month and on boarding asked specifically if Aqua guests could eat lunch with Concierge pax in the MDR. The answer was no, no special lunch for Aqua guests on embarkation day.

Well I will find out soon for myself. We have always eaten lunch at Bristol at Five on boarding day anyway. Its busy but you get waited on and are not walking all over looking for a table. We have always booked Concierge rooms but on this ship I like the location of the Aqua cabins on deck 11.

I was on Summit this past week in Aqua Class. I can tell you that you will not be allowed to go to the Concierge lunch.

Get a suite, and enjoy Luminae!

Given how slooooww the service was in Luminae last fall on the Equinox we found ourselves enjoying salads from the Oceanview for lunch. While we actually enjoy slow service at dinner we prefer to spend less time sitting at a table in a restaurant during lunch.

Given how slooooww the service was in Luminae last fall on the Equinox we found ourselves enjoying salads from the Oceanview for lunch. While we actually enjoy slow service at dinner we prefer to spend less time sitting at a table in a restaurant during lunch.

Agreed that Luminae can be slow, but on embarkation day waiting for the cabin, a leisurely lunch isn't a bad thing. And you're not fighting the masses in the buffet.

Interesting......I had a call back from Customer Service due to an email I sent asking for SPECIFICS about AQ and CC inclusions. I too, had been told by customer service (within the week) that AQ has all the bennies of CC plus Blu and Persian Garden. But then was told by the customer service person (HB) that "no you don't". Although when I asked about embarkation lunch he said 'don't worry about that'...........so good grief! I get it that things are not what they seem, but trying to get a straight answer out of Celebrity.......on top of the crazy pricing offers is frustrating way beyond any other cruise lines! In dragnet terms........JUST THE FACTS, please!! :mad: It doesn't leave one knowing what they are buying into..........for sure!

Interesting......I had a call back from Customer Service due to an email I sent asking for SPECIFICS about AQ and CC inclusions. I too, had been told by customer service (within the week) that AQ has all the bennies of CC plus Blu and Persian Garden. But then was told by the customer service person (HB) that "no you don't". Although when I asked about embarkation lunch he said 'don't worry about that'...........so good grief! I get it that things are not what they seem, but trying to get a straight answer out of Celebrity.......on top of the crazy pricing offers is frustrating way beyond any other cruise lines! In dragnet terms........JUST THE FACTS, please!! :mad: It doesn't leave one knowing what they are buying into..........for sure!

You will get better answers on this board than by calling Celebrity customer service, they have been known for years to give incorrect info. If you are inquiring about the CC lunch, if you are in AQ, you will not be permitted to attend.