Laundry water temperature

Pean

We are off shortly for a 12 night cruise and I was thinking we would probably send some items to the laundry. My husband is not overly keen as he thinks the water will be too hot and ruin the clothes. I was wondering if anyone has a problem with this. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

I've never had a problem but I've been very careful with what I've sent as I think the water may be hot and everything is tumble dried. I've sent cotton, poly mix and viscose and never had an issue but I wouldn't send anything expensive or irreplaceable.

We are off shortly for a 12 night cruise and I was thinking we would probably send some items to the laundry. My husband is not overly keen as he thinks the water will be too hot and ruin the clothes. I was wondering if anyone has a problem with this. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

We never had a problem. However, I do a white wash that only includes underware- white or light items. We also do a dark wash and I do say of the instructions cold water-but who knows. The dark wash is typically socks, tee shirts and other misc items. I would NEVER put any special clothes in the laundry, like swim suites etc. and either wash them at home or on the ship by hand if necessary.

I never tried the dry cleaning or garment pressing even with the "free coupons" I receive.

They do use hot water and if your clothes are not pre-shrunk, they will come back that way. When in doubt, just hand wash in the sink and hang dry on the line in the shower.

The clothing they do is nice and clean and the dry cleaners also does a very good job but with the laundry, I don't ever send out anything that I take special care with at home.

I've never had a problem but I've been very careful with what I've sent as I think the water may be hot and everything is tumble dried. I've sent cotton, poly mix and viscose and never had an issue but I wouldn't send anything expensive or irreplaceable.

Perfect advice I would say!

Remember they do have a dry cleaning and pressing service too. Before now on longer cruises I have hand washed a couple of items then sent in for pressing. We have also had a suit dry cleaned as well after it had a generous glass of red wine from a not very dexterous waiter!

On our TA last month we sent two bags out on the laundry bag special. The first bag came back okay. The second bag came, and two shirts were ruined. I knew I was taking a chance when I sent the laundry out. They were two long sleeved colored t's that came back with what looked like bleach spots. I was on Deck 3, so I took them to the Guest Relations desk, and nicely asked them to please credit the $20 I spent on the laundry bag special(select member $20 coupon). They did.

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

We always make use of the laundry and dry cleaning vouchers. On the special instructions I put please wash at 30 degrees. We have never had any problems in all the Celeb. Cruises we have taken. (20+), mostly of at least 14 nights each, some much more. We often use the dry cleaning, recently a silk dress and a linen jacket. They came back in perfect condition. I have not needed to use the pressing vouchers, but when I do I am sure the items will come back with no problems, just as usual.

I believe they have an industrial laundry that uses hot water and drys on hot. On one cruise my long sleeve cotton t-shirts shrunk so much that I had to buy new ones. Luckily the port stop was in France, so I was able to buy striped t-shirts before they became so popular in the US. I have not had any problems with clothing that is not all cotton.

Carolyn

We have used Celebrity onboard laundry services for all 9 of our cruises. Never had any clothes damaged or shrunk. We put in whites and colors.

My clothes include average to good quality off the rack trousers, usually with mixed fabrics of cotton and synthetic. Also, long and short sleeve polo and dress shirts. Sometimes the dress shirts need ironing.

Dark clothes come back faded. My cotton stuff must have been preshrunk because I didn't notice shrinkage but it was a nuisance to be careful with what I sent. This was worse on the Eclipse than on the Silhouette or Equinox so it may be ship-dependent. I've started taking older undies (I do wear cotton) so I can send them out without worrying. My pet peeve is the laundry markers that they use. Sometimes they write on a shirt where it bleeds through and sometimes they use little iron on tags that are painful. I've learned to peel them off. Just be careful to put your name on the bag and on the slip. We made that mistake once and it took a couple of extra days to get the laundry returned.

Thank you everyone for your helpful advise and experiences. We will separate items and choose carefully what to send. 5 days to go. I can't wait.

Thank you everyone for your helpful advise and experiences. We will separate items and choose carefully what to send. 5 days to go. I can't wait.

Forget the laundry now and focus on questions about food and drink!

Seriously, have a wonderful cruise!

Forget the laundry now and focus on questions about food and drink!

Seriously, have a wonderful cruise!

Love it. I do tend to worry about the oddest things. :)