Online check-in now requiring port arrival time selection for suites?

Had to select a port arrival/check in time when doing online check in. I thought suites were exempt? We're in a non-Haven suite. Does this make a difference? Or is this new?

I had to add that today, as well. Of course, all the earlier times are gone. I printed my edocs a few weeks ago and plan to get there as early as we want. You are correct-Suites and haven are exempt.

What port?

I know Carnival is starting to strictly enforce staggered checkin at several ports and wondering if NCL is following suit, especially in Manhattan where crowds can be crazy first thing in the am.

Edited by esm54687

When is this chosen? I just did my check-in for our February cruise just to see what happened (we are in a Haven suite). I finished mine, but choosing a check-in time never came up. Does that happen per person or once everyone has finished checking in?

It comes up after entering your passport/emergency contact info. I'm pretty sure it was the last part of online check-in.

We sailed in the Haven last month on the Gem and did not have to select anything.

We are in a suite on the Dawn, but obviously the Dawn doesn't have a Haven. I was wondering if this made a difference in having to select an arrival time at online check in.

I haven't sailed with NCL since June 2014...so now you have to pick a checkin time at the pier? And I assume the early slots book up fast? I am looking at sailing the Gem next summer out of New York and am debating between two oceanviews or a suite, so would this be another reason to do a suite if they can arrive whenever they want? Has anyone had issues with getting their preferred checkin time?

It comes up after entering your passport/emergency contact info. I'm pretty sure it was the last part of online check-in.

We sailed in the Haven last month on the Gem and did not have to select anything.

We are in a suite on the Dawn, but obviously the Dawn doesn't have a Haven. I was wondering if this made a difference in having to select an arrival time at online check in.

I noticed the same thing, We are in a Haven suite and I had checked in my husband and myself about 2 weeks ago and did NOT have to select a PAT but I added my kids last night to our reservation and checked them in and it DID ask me to choose a PAT - We are leaving from NYC but I suspect its either something that is being enforced for everyone regardless of cabin or it is a website isue.

I'm sailing breakaway oct 16 Bermuda cruise in the haven 2 bedroom .

I did my docs way back in January and said 100% complete.than when on line

Other day check to see what had left for final payment and under passengers there it was said online check in not completed. Clicked on it and popped up

Check in time at pier.

I'm sailing breakaway oct 16 Bermuda cruise in the haven 2 bedroom .

I did my docs way back in January and said 100% complete.than when on line

Other day check to see what had left for final payment and under passengers there it was said online check in not completed. Clicked on it and popped up

Check in time at pier.

Wow.

We just double checked, due to your posting.

And... same thing. NOT 100% completed anymore. Only "80%" - despite our previous printing out of docs including the 100% complete displayed part.

And NO hint ANYWHERE that we now had "something else to do".

VERY BAD WAY FOR NCL TO HANDLE THIS. :mad:

Best part (er. worst part) is that I chose a time, and... was forced to choose a different time for DH.

Cute.

You better believe we'll be arriving together, and not at his later time!

We'll probably take the earlier printout of our docs showing ALL (100%) complete and show up when we planned to anyway.

After all, NCL never indicated in the slightest way that our '100% complete... wasn't, and that we needed to "check in *again*.

NCL needs to stop changing the rules after the fact.

Gotta love it that they gave no notice to passengers already 100% checked in that... they weren't...

I will double check one week and one day before leaving for Miami just in case but....

I am in the Haven and I printed out my documents some weeks ago. Yesterday I checked and it said I had to pick a boarding time! I checked with my on-line cruise consultant and he said that Haven guests do not have set boarding times. We will arrive at the Port at 10:30.

Wow.

We just double checked, due to your posting.

And... same thing. NOT 100% completed anymore. Only "80%" - despite our previous printing out of docs including the 100% complete displayed part.

And NO hint ANYWHERE that we now had "something else to do".

VERY BAD WAY FOR NCL TO HANDLE THIS. :mad:

Best part (er. worst part) is that I chose a time, and... was forced to choose a different time for DH.

Cute.

You better believe we'll be arriving together, and not at his later time!

We'll probably take the earlier printout of our docs showing ALL (100%) complete and show up when we planned to anyway.

After all, NCL never indicated in the slightest way that our '100% complete... wasn't, and that we needed to "check in *again*.

NCL needs to stop changing the rules after the fact.

Gotta love it that they gave no notice to passengers already 100% checked in that... they weren't...

Just got off the phone with NCL website tech support (Roger) and he said that it is something with the website , its not recognizing or differentiating between a non-suite or suite passenger - IF you are in a Haven or Suite just pick anytime and you can come to the port as usual because there are different boarding regulations sailing in those cabins.

Just got off the phone with NCL website tech support (Roger) and he said that it is something with the website , its not recognizing or differentiating between a non-suite or suite passenger - IF you are in a Haven or Suite just pick anytime and you can come to the port as usual because there are different boarding regulations sailing in those cabins.

Thanks for this.

I'm puzzled. I embark Sunday on Epic in 5 more days. On-line check-in still says I'm finished and I never selected a time. Not in Haven or a suite. I hope to show up at the dock between 10:30 and 3:00 and no one better give me any grief. :mad:

Thanks.

We just sent email to our PCC, who is very responsive (and well connected - handy at times like this).

We're assuming he'll report back the same.

We also don't see any online indication of our Suite number as we previously did.

But we've got our original receipt documentation, and we sure hope we won't be sharing with some "new friends" :eek:

I'm puzzled. I embark Sunday on Epic in 5 more days. On-line check-in still says I'm finished and I never selected a time. Not in Haven or a suite. I hope to show up at the dock between 10:30 and 3:00 and no one better give me any grief. :mad:

It looks like the staggered check in is specific to a port:

NYC forced me to choose a check in time for my past May 2016 as well as my November 2016 (NCL Breakaway)

Boston did not require it for June 2015 and is not requiring it as of yet for my May 2017 trip (NCL Dawn)

I know Carnival is strictly enforcing the staggered check in at 3 of their ports with great success and rolling out some more ports this year. Looks like it is the way things are moving for the industry as cruise ships get bigger crowd control becomes more important

Edited by esm54687

We are in a Family suite (first time in any suite), we are Platinum, but this is what comes up:

As a Haven or suite guest, a Platinum Latitudes Rewards member or a guest with air travel or transfers provided by Norwegian, you do not need to select your arrival time to the pier. We ask that you arrive no earlier than 10:00 am - 10:30 am and no later than 1 hour prior to departure and we will get you settled in.

Okay...just finished our online check in for our February cruise on the Getaway. We are in the Haven. It says I am 100% complete and I never had to choose an arrival time. Very strange that people are getting different things with this.

I will keep an eye on this in the future to make sure we don't have to add this in.

I will double check one week and one day before leaving for Miami just in case but....

I am in the Haven and I printed out my documents some weeks ago. Yesterday I checked and it said I had to pick a boarding time! I checked with my on-line cruise consultant and he said that Haven guests do not have set boarding times. We will arrive at the Port at 10:30.

We are also in the Haven. Is this the best time to arrive?

Okay...just finished our online check in for our February cruise on the Getaway. We are in the Haven. It says I am 100% complete and I never had to choose an arrival time. Very strange that people are getting different things with this.

I will keep an eye on this in the future to make sure we don't have to add this in.

Dont be surprised if your "100% complete" magically turns into "80% complete". That's what happened to me.

Everything was done and printed a while ago but today it showed 80% and I had to choose a time. No big deal since Haven guests basically show up whenever. Since I'm driving to port, I'll get there whenever traffic allows.

Just to be sure, I called NCL and the rep said to get there at the time that I had originally planned and ignore what the site forced me to choose.

Dont be surprised if your "100% complete" magically turns into "80% complete". That's what happened to me.

Everything was done and printed a while ago but today it showed 80% and I had to choose a time. No big deal since Haven guests basically show up whenever. Since I'm driving to port, I'll get there whenever traffic allows.

Just to be sure, I called NCL and the rep said to get there at the time that I had originally planned and ignore what the site forced me to choose.

This is the latest/correct update, from upper level NCL (hopefully they are at least vaguely awake...?).

But WHY they have caused this inconvenience and confusion?

It's just a programming thing, not brain surgery/rocket science.

If they can't spare the minimal effort to fix the software to have suites NOT show this new requirement, then they COULD very easily have a small banner type notice that "This applies to non-suite accommodations" or "Suites do not need to arrange a specific boarding time" or such.

And if the software won't let one print out with only the new 80% complete status, then NCL could add something like "... and select ANY time to complete this form and then ignore it because we here at NCL are too a) cheap; b) stupid; c) both to fix the software to fit our new "timing rules for non-suites" :rolleyes:

This is the latest/correct update, from upper level NCL (hopefully they are at least vaguely awake...?).

But WHY they have caused this inconvenience and confusion?

It's just a programming thing, not brain surgery/rocket science.

If they can't spare the minimal effort to fix the software to have suites NOT show this new requirement, then they COULD very easily have a small banner type notice that "This applies to non-suite accommodations" or "Suites do not need to arrange a specific boarding time" or such.

And if the software won't let one print out with only the new 80% complete status, then NCL could add something like "... and select ANY time to complete this form and then ignore it because we here at NCL are too a) cheap; b) stupid; c) both to fix the software to fit our new "timing rules for non-suites" :rolleyes:

The status change from complete to not complete has happened in the past for other reasons such as if they make a change to the contract they have changed you back from complete to not FWIW.