HAL joins21st century.

bjkrlk

Hello everyone!

Great Meet & Greet.

The HAL app is amazing. Internet fast. Get so much from account history in real time to on board happenings.

Bravo! Easy. My sincere thanks for whoever orchestrated this service.

Hello everyone!

Great Meet & Greet.

The HAL app is amazing. Internet fast. Get so much from account history in real time to on board happenings.

Great News! Being able to keep an eye on the account sounds very helpful. Hope they have it on the Maasdam next month!:cool:

Hello everyone!

Great Meet & Greet.

What ship, and where?

Sounds great for all of you who have those fancy cell phones.

Some of us still have regular cell phones where you can only make a phone call -- no internet, no pictures, no texting, etc. It is used only for emergencies when we lose our land phone.

That certainly isn't the OP's fault...nothing is standing in your way.

Sounds great for all of you who have those fancy cell phones.

Some of us still have regular cell phones where you can only make a phone call -- no internet, no pictures, no texting, etc. It is used only for emergencies when we lose our land phone.

I had one of the early iphones through my company and really did not use it enough to warrant keeping it. I went for several years with a basic cellphone and it worked fine for about half the cost.

Then about 8 months ago my son showed me Google Fi and my world changed again. I am not a big data user, so their pricing program worked great for me. I was paying about $50 per month for my basic cellphone, but now I am down to $25! I get unlimited texts and calls, data as needed (but it uses Wifi wherever it can so then data is free) and I pay $10 per month for 1G (plus they refund me back for used data!!). Plus, now I can leave my ipad at home on my cruises.

This is a great option (IMO) for us retired folks who travel but still want to keep in touch. Check it out (goolge it for details). I use this phone all the time now, for half the cost.

This is a great option (IMO) for us retired folks who travel but still want to keep in touch. Check it out (goolge it for details). I use this phone all the time now, for half the cost.

Great lead. I am trying to wean my kids from my traditional account and reduce costs in the long-term. This looks like an ideal option for us.

Dennis

What is the name of this app?
It's not an app, it's a page on the ship server. On the Eurodam, from my netbook, IIRC I just entered login.com, and I think it's the same for smartphones. (I don't have a smartphone either.) Edited by jtl513

Excellent. We usually travel without out cell phones-only an ipad. Can we access this data on the terminal in our room if we do not have internet access on the ipad?

A couple years ago we got the airline app on our phones. Now our boarding passes are right there and no more printing paper passes. It's really great. :D

Hello everyone!

Great Meet & Greet.

Great to hear.

Sister Company Princess has had it for a while, and it certainly is convenient.

Does the HAL version have the messaging feature?

That is great on Princess to keep track of others in the party.

I'll admit it, tho, at the risk of getting scolded, I saw your headline and thought it was an "end of balcony smoking" announcement. :(

Hope springs eternal.

Excellent. We usually travel without out cell phones-only an ipad. Can we access this data on the terminal in our room if we do not have internet access on the ipad?

It's actually not a dedicated "app" - it's a server that's accessible for free via any device so your iPad will be fine.

The OP's post is both an affirmation of a Company that is trying to be relevant in today's society as well as being part of a Corporation that I think is re-asserting its primacy in the cruising industry.

But, for those of us whose technology is still stuff from the first decade of the 21st Century, it is frustrating and disappointing that our acess to Home Pages of all of the CCL Brands has become so limited or inaccessable.

I would rather spend my money on enriching the cruise Companies balance sheet than those of technology companies whose employees develop all of these wonderful "improvements" that HAL, Carnival, etc. have incorporated into their sites.

CCL Companies are not alone in this complaint of mine. Too many companies make improvements to their web sites that are NOT of use to--I have to wonder--how many others?

It is just good to see HAL moving forward instead of being so stagnant. We are in our mid sixties. HAL has turned us off over the past few years. It is as though they have not only refused to move forward but they are actually moving backward in terms of the on board experience. Other cruise lines were passing them by in so many respects. Change is good.

We plan to try K'dam this fall. First time in a long time that we have actually identified a HAL ship as a target cruise.