BBB Crème Brûlée

Bailelys Irish cream-flavored creme brulee with caramelized bananas

THAT explains why I didn't like it!! Somehow I missed the ingredients and just saw creme brulee which I usually love.

But as I said in the tasty drinks thread, my mouth does NOT think Bailey's and bananas go together.

The major hazard in any question about "is........ any good" arises because everyone has different tastes. A list of everything one person likes is sure to include things another person dislikes. That being said, I love the Crème brûlée. I usually have it and one other dessert each night. And a side of Bailey's with my after dinner coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

I see this listed as a daily dessert. Is it any good?

Joyce

WoW to me and a lot other people this is a dumb question.:eek: However if you do not know about this dessert then its not a dumb question...haha. As for the Crème Brûlée it is to die for. I was the guy who would never try it however when I was on the Oasis and I knew if I did not like it they would bring me something else so i tried it. Let me just say this I will NEVER EVER NOT get this again it better then ice cream:D (well maybe.....no wait it is better).

I love regular creme brulee but the BBB brulee on RC is horrible.

I agree 100%. I would have regular creme brulee every night if I could, but RCCL's version is chunky with mashed bananas in it - YUCK. That said, I told my waiter on the Allure 2 years ago what I thought of their creme brulee and he had a couple of "regular" ones specially made every night for our table for the remainder of the cruise.

Bailelys Irish cream-flavored creme brulee with caramelized bananas

Thanks! I'm sure I had it (and probably enjoyed it) ... just don't remember it!

THAT explains why I didn't like it!! Somehow I missed the ingredients and just saw creme brulee which I usually love.

But as I said in the tasty drinks thread, my mouth does NOT think Bailey's and bananas go together.

Missed your reply on the drink thread. If you havent' had a BBC, try one before you write it off. The baileys isn't overpowering, nothing is, everything just blends together.

Missed your reply on the drink thread. If you havent' had a BBC, try one before you write it off. The baileys isn't overpowering, nothing is, everything just blends together.

I HAVE and I couldn't finish it I found it so disgusting.

But then again I don't get the fuss over the silly roast beef sandwiches either, so I probably have weird taste buds.

I'm in the "it's yucky" camp. Love Creme Brulee but this stuff is not Creme Brulee in my book.

I wouldn't go all the way to "yucky", but I agree that it is more pudding than custard and not really a true creme brûlée. :)

• 9 months later...

My husband ordered it twice so he must have liked it. :) I thought it tasted more like flan than brulee.

Here's a pic. It did come with biscotti. The dessert in the foreground was almond chocolate cake (which was more like a brownie).

enhance

I agree. I am a crème brulee lover. My favorite dessert. Just got off the Adventure last week and had it only once. And that was way to often. The consistency was all off -- more jello than what it should be. Two bites and done. Such a disappointment.

Basically, I was not impressed all week with the dessert menu. Good thing I'm not a dessert lover:).

Definitely agree. It's not Creme Brulee, it's flan. If you like flan, it's delicious. For me the texture was all wrong.

I see this listed as a daily dessert. Is it any good?

Joyce

as a Crème Brûlée?

it's terrible.

but if you think of it as ordering a Flan? it's quite good.

we had a long, long discussion with our servers about the misleading naming on several things during our cruise (this, the "frozen souffle" (which is a strawberry mouse), and a few other things).. .the naming sets an expectation that isn't met.. . .

but if you realize you aren't getting traditional Creme Brulee and are getting a decent Flan?

you'll enjoy it.

Definitely agree. It's not Creme Brulee, it's flan. If you like flan, it's delicious. For me the texture was all wrong.

HAHAHA. . .glad it's not just us!

I posted the exact same thing to the thread just now without reading thru the responses.

two others feel it's Flan, not Creme Brulee :)

While I did order it a few times, it was definitely not a top creme brulee to me. I love creme brulee, but I think the banana is what made it odd. The flavor was a little wierd, not bad, not good, just different.

HAHAHA. . .glad it's not just us!

I posted the exact same thing to the thread just now without reading thru the responses.

two others feel it's Flan, not Creme Brulee :)

Lol. As soon as it came to the table I thought "yikes, that's flan". I hate flan.

I don't like the Banana in it. I like just plain creme brûlée and Celebrity makes the best!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to totally agree with you even though I nearly got sick on it while on a Celebrity ship. It was my first Celebrity cruise and I saw Creme Brulee and ordered two of them. It was so good, but so rich and really upset my stomach. It was my own fault and I never again ordered two.

On Allure, I thought it was just the banana on top that made me not like it, but the banana taste was all through it. I ordered it once and won't order it again. Yuck!