EPIC bathroom question

Been on the Epic 5 times. Not sure what the issue is. It's not common, but we have been in expensive boutique hotels in large US cities which were similar.

To answer the question, two bedroom havens have two "normal" bathrooms.

I believe studios also have a standard bathroom. The point has been made on here that the rooms where the bathroom offers privacy are the ones where it isn't necessary due to being rooms for one.

No non suite rooms for two or more people (insides, balconies or mini suites) on the Epic have a traditional bathroom setup.

Been on the Epic 5 times. Not sure what the issue is. It's not common, but we have been in expensive boutique hotels in large US cities which were similar.

The "issue" is..some people don't like them .

Just because it's not an issue for you, doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Not sure what expensive boutique hotels bathrooms with that set up have to do with the Epics bathroom setup. Doe's that make it better?? Not in my eyes.

Are there any cabins with bathrooms on the Epic that are not split up and are traditional- with the potty, sink and shower in one room?:)

Haven H2

926-1.jpg

Haven H4 (one ensuite with the master bedroom and a separate on for the 2nd bedroom as BirdTravels said)

925-1.jpg

And handicap/accessible staterooms (balcony and inside 100% sure, not sure about any accessible mini's..) have a separate bathroom.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I believe studios also have a standard bathroom.

The Studios do not. The shower and toilet are separate as well. The toilet is enclosed in it's own room and the person can't been seen, however, the shower glass is not frosted at all. Not that it matters, the room is designed for one. :p

The Studios do not. The shower and toilet are separate as well. The toilet is enclosed in it's own room and the person can't been seen, however, the shower glass is not frosted at all. Not that it matters, the room is designed for one. :p

It doesn't matter till the cabin steward, of the opposite gender, comes in to clean :p

Thanks... :)

The "issue" is..some people don't like them .

Just because it's not an issue for you, doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Not sure what expensive boutique hotels bathrooms with that set up have to do with the Epics bathroom setup. Doe's that make it better?? Not in my eyes.

Thanks for the kind words! :) The whole idea of this bathroom setup is so weird to me personally...:o

Haven H2

926-1.jpg

Haven H4 (one ensuite with the master bedroom and a separate on for the 2nd bedroom as BirdTravels said)

925-1.jpg

And handicap/accessible staterooms (balcony and inside 100% sure, not sure about any accessible mini's..) have a separate bathroom.

Thanks so much! :)

• 11 months later...

I thought I must be nuts when I looked at the layout of the floor plan. We are traveling with our adult son and even he said that we will have to be very considerate and sit out on the balcony when someone is in the toilet or shower. Is there a curtain between them and the room?

I thought I must be nuts when I looked at the layout of the floor plan. We are traveling with our adult son and even he said that we will have to be very considerate and sit out on the balcony when someone is in the toilet or shower. Is there a curtain between them and the room?

Yes.

This is the main reason that will keep me from ever sailing on the Epic. It may not bother others but it is very intrusive to only have a curtain separating the bathroom area and bed area and you can still see outlines through the frosted glass from what I have read. I value my privacy, especially when traveling with children. It is completely inappropriate for cabins that sleep more than 2 people. I wish NCL would have considered people's privacy when traveling with children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can't really SEE anything, unless you are leaning on the glass.....but pull the curtain, if it bothers you. There is NO reason for the cabin attendant to be in the cabin while you are in there.

I don't want my pre-teen child to see me sitting on the toilet or hear my bathroom habits or happen to walk in the cabin when I am getting out of the shower, drying off or getting changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is all relative. I shat through a plywood circle in 100 degree heat with six mates on either side after a 12 mile road march. No walls separating us, just an understanding nod as the TP is handed over. Not to mind the chaps shuffling in front of us using the urinals. Now don't get all polly about frosted glass because everyone poops, no?

Ha ha ha ha. What a funny thread.

I'm going on Sunday with my elderly parents. Not told them yet as I know my mother will freak out! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are doors on the shower/water closet. There's a curtain between both and the cabin. Quite frankly, there was no difference in noise or odor from the traditional bathrooms we had on other ships. Thought the setup might be a problem before we sailed, but we actually preferred it. Husband could be shaving while I was showering.