Would you wear a 'red' cocktail/formal dress in June?

We'll be sailing Liberty of the Seas June 19, and I have a cocktail-length red satin dress that I was planning to wear formal night. In fact, it's just like the dress in my avatar photo, (same style as the blue one.) However, that photo was taken in February.

Thanks! :)

Some colors had seasonal rules-- No white after Labor Day in September. Basically white could only be worn in the summer. After Labor Day you wore 'winter white', a tone of cream.

OP--wear your red dress. Fabric should be a consideration. Don't want to wear velvet in the heat of summer.

Edited by SadieN

Why would you even ask this question? Not trying to be rude, but why?? I just don't understand. What has the date got to do with it??

Because it is a Fashion Forum and people ask all kinds of questions:)

I have a red sequined dress that I put on for dinner one evening while cruising with my daughter.

We both took one look at me and burst out laughing -- the red matched (and emphasized) my slightly sunburned face.:eek:

The red dress now stays home...

I love red! Here's my only thought:

You mentioned that you are wearing satin. Since this is humid summer season, I often suggest testing a dress or top for how it will handle perspiration by putting a drop of water on an inside hem. Other than that, go for it and share a pic!

I have a red sequined dress that I put on for dinner one evening while cruising with my daughter.

We both took one look at me and burst out laughing -- the red matched (and emphasized) my slightly sunburned face.:eek:

The red dress now stays home...

I hadn't considered that. As much as I like red, this is a good reason to reconsider.