What are your favorite RCI Caribbean destinations?

Your favorite Caribbean ports-of-call  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Caribbean ports-of-call

• Bassaterre, St. Kitts
    • Belize City, Belize
    • Bridgetown, Barbados
    • Castries, St. Lucia
    • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
    • Cozumel, Mexico
    • George Town, Grand Cayman
    • Kralendijk, Bonaire
    • Oranjestad, Aruba
    • Philipsburg, St. Maarten
    • Roatan, Honduras
    • St. Croix, USVI
    • St. John's, Antigua
    • Willemstad, Curacao

My wife and I are looking into next year's cruising itineraries and we're trying to decide where to go next. I thought it would be a fun way to poll the users here and get some insight from you guys who have been to many locations.

What are your favorite ports of call and why do you like them?

(Note: I was limited to 14 options on the poll, so I had to leave a few out -- sorry!)

Edited by jsausley

Grand Cayman is a must! It's a gorgeous place...easy to walk off into the port and city. Stingray City is an obvious visit while there. We privately booked Captain Marvin's for that excursion. So inexpensive and very professional. Located just outside the port.

St. Lucia was a lot of fun....going to see the Petons there! We privately booked a full island tour and it was probably one of the best tours we've done thus far.

I love Western Caribbean and Southern Caribbean itineraries the best.

You'll get tons of different answers, especially since the previous poster thinks Grand Cayman is a must and I would never get off the ship again there. Which shows we are all different 😉

I loved Bermuda and the NE/Canada itinerary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You'll get tons of different answers, especially since the previous poster thinks Grand Cayman is a must and I would never get off the ship again there. Which shows we are all different 😉

I loved Bermuda and the NE/Canada itinerary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed! But that's why a poll could be interesting -- to see the distribution of votes.

Personally, we loved Cozumel and Grand Cayman for the scuba diving. Culturally, these weren't our favorites though. St. Maarten and St. Thomas were both amazing, and we absolutely loved San Juan -- we're really looking into doing either the Roatan/Belize set or the ABC Islands next. Personally, neither my wife nor I cared for Labadee or the Bahamas.

Agreed! But that's why a poll could be interesting -- to see the distribution of votes.

Personally, we loved Cozumel and Grand Cayman for the scuba diving. Culturally, these weren't our favorites though. St. Maarten and St. Thomas were both amazing, and we absolutely loved San Juan -- we're really looking into doing either the Roatan/Belize set or the ABC Islands next. Personally, neither my wife nor I cared for Labadee or the Bahamas.

We are right there with you. Love the diving! :)

We've been to Roatan twice. Great snorkeling. Belize has a nice rainforest and cave tubing. Try them

I voted for St. Thomas as it provides the opportunity to ferry over to lovely St. John, USVI ;). Loved Aruba and Curacao, but my favorite is the BVIs (Virgin Gorda, Tortola) where I've also vacationed on land. Enjoy your cruise!

St Thomas/St John because they're not flat. They're beautiful, to me, at least. Back when I still shopped, St Thomas had so much to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I voted for St. Croix. We were there for the first time in April and loved it. It's very laid back. True there may not be as much to do here but we really liked that about the island. We rented a car and circled the island. Also voted for St. Maarten and Barbados. Yea I cheated and voted for more than one but we like most of these islands some more than others.