New to Princess, Pacific questions

Sonora5

We are thinking about booking the 29 Med/TA cruise on the Pacific Princess 11/23/17. We have searched around and read the website and some threads in this forum, and have some questions.

1. We will probably book a mini suite. How is laundry handled? Does Princess do a laundry special like fill the bag for $20?

2. Does the Pacific Princess have anytime dining?

3. On a long cruise is there a lot of variety in the MDR menus?

4. The Pacific Princess seems to have two specialty restaurants. What is the charge to eat in those restaurants? Do those menus change during a cruise?

Any other info about the Pacific Princess would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There have been several recent threads about the Pacific Princess that address all these questions. At the top of this forum you will find a link that will take you to all recent threads about any ship. Click on Pacific Princess.

Edited by shredie

We are thinking about booking the 29 Med/TA cruise on the Pacific Princess 11/23/17. We have searched around and read the website and some threads in this forum, and have some questions.

1. We will probably book a mini suite. How is laundry handled? Does Princess do a laundry special like fill the bag for $20?

2. Does the Pacific Princess have anytime dining?

3. On a long cruise is there a lot of variety in the MDR menus?

4. The Pacific Princess seems to have two specialty restaurants. What is the charge to eat in those restaurants? Do those menus change during a cruise?

Any other info about the Pacific Princess would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1. A. A mini suite has no suite benefits

B. Not sure if they still offer fill a bag, they used to, but they do have a self service laundry

2. No ATD

3. Variation on menu seems OK to me.

4. I think the specialty restaurants are $29 each now, they aren't both open on the same night. No menus are the same.

Love her, love her love her.

But remember doesn't have all the bells and whistles of big ships not, in my opinion, for anyone who needs to be entertained by others 24/7.

I think the specialty restaurants are $29 each now, they aren't both open on the same night.
Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse alternate nights. They're not both open on the same night. The same wait staff for both.

Really loved the Pacific on my 14-day cruise last December. You can get anywhere on the ship in less than five minutes walking slowly. Not as many amenities, things to do or places to go on the ship on sea days. Decor is lovely, cabins are nicely appointed with most, including OV having a couch and table.

Princess does sometimes offer to launder a bag full for a set price. Otherwise, you can send out laundry to be done on a price per piece or use the self service laundry.

Menus are based on the shortest segments that are sold. So if your cruise is only sold as a 29 day cruise, there will be no menu repeats. However, some items will be repeated. If the cruise is also sold in shorter legs (such as a 12 day European cruise and a 17 day TA), the menus will be repeated.

The pictures of the ship are beautiful. We amuse ourselves so I am not too worried about the entertainment part. I am thinking on a ship that small some of the suite perks like priority embarkation will not be missed-how long a line can there be?

We do use room service a lot so I am glad that most room service comes without charge. I have read that they will let you add items to the hang tag for breakfast room service, we are hoping this continues to be the case.

My husband is wondering how much the ship will move during the TA section.

We have spent about 300 days on the former R Class ships including the Pacific Princess. The only time it was real rough was coming thru the remnants of a hurricane off the Nova Scotia coast. We were well behind schedule and due to end the cruise in NYC the next day. So the captain did not have the option to go around the storm. We just plowed thru it.

Two questions:

1 - what Specialty restaurant (that is complimentary for suite pax) is open on embarkation night?

2 - if I trade one of my minibars for two coffee cards (just did this on the Grand) where do you get espresso drinks since there is no International Cafe?

Ww sailed on the Tahitian and Ocean Princess (sister ships) years ago and loved it because we kept running into the same passengers throughout the cruise. Loved their well stocked library as well.

Two questions:

1 - what Specialty restaurant (that is complimentary for suite pax) is open on embarkation night? Not sure, perhaps someone else will be able to answer.

2 - if I trade one of my minibars for two coffee cards (just did this on the Grand) where do you get espresso drinks since there is no International Cafe? There's a coffee bar at the entrance to the buffet.

Ww sailed on the Tahitian and Ocean Princess (sister ships) years ago and loved it because we kept running into the same passengers throughout the cruise. Loved their well stocked library as well. Just of clarification, the Tahitian Princess was renamed Ocean Princess and has subsequently left the fleet. I believe the previous Royal Princess was the third R Ship.

See above

Edited by msmoger

Two questions:

1 - what Specialty restaurant (that is complimentary for suite pax) is open on embarkation night?

2 - if I trade one of my minibars for two coffee cards (just did this on the Grand) where do you get espresso drinks since there is no International Cafe?

Ww sailed on the Tahitian and Ocean Princess (sister ships) years ago and loved it because we kept running into the same passengers throughout the cruise. Loved their well stocked library as well.

When we were on the Pacific Princess in December 2014, it was Sabatini's which was open on embarkation night for suite passengers.

Espresso drinks are available at two bars: the Club Bar just outside the main dining room, and the bar just inside the buffet.

This is my favorite ship in the Princess fleet...

The Royal Princess (number 2 of 3) was the third former R class ship Princess owned. It was transferred to P&O a few years back. It is now enjoying life as the Adonia and cruising to Cuba.

One reason she left the Princess fleet was the absence of mini-suites on the ship.

On our cruise, Sabatini's was open embarkation day. We prefer the Sterling Steakhouse and went the second night. I just called the DINE line and asked. Edited by Pam in CA

On our cruise, Sabatini's was open embarkation day. We prefer the Sterling Steakhouse and went the second night. I just called the DINE line and asked.

We would as well, thanks for the tip.

Espresso drinks are available at two bars: the Club Bar just outside the main dining room, and the bar just inside the buffet.

Do those bars also have food items? On the Star Princess this summer, we never went to a restaurant for breakfast. Whichever one of us woke up first picked up large cappuccinos and breakfast sandwichs, which the International Cafe had every morning, and brought them back to the cabin. I think it was on an English muffin and it had ham, cheese, and an egg. Is there anything like that offered on the Pacific Princess?

Do those bars also have food items? On the Star Princess this summer, we never went to a restaurant for breakfast. Whichever one of us woke up first picked up large cappuccinos and breakfast sandwichs, which the International Cafe had every morning, and brought them back to the cabin. I think it was on an English muffin and it had ham, cheese, and an egg. Is there anything like that offered on the Pacific Princess?

I don't remember any food at the Club Bar. The Panorama Bar is in the Panorama Buffet. As I recall there are English Muffin sandwiches on the buffet

I don't remember any food at the Club Bar. The Panorama Bar is in the Panorama Buffet. As I recall there are English Muffin sandwiches on the buffet

That's what I did last time we were on her, seems a lifetime ago now, got Mrs Gut's drink at the bar in the buffet and grabbed some food at the same time.

The Club Bar did occasionally have a tray of cookies set out but that was it. Of course, the Panorama Bar is in the Panorama Buffet and there is plenty of food.

We've sailed from the mainland to/from Tahiti on the Pacific Princess three times. The last time it was so rough that even the bed in our low, midship cabin had too much sway and I ended up laying on the floor. I only hope I get the chance to do that again some day. The ship is well worth it.

You can get the egg sandwich from room service.

My husband is wondering how much the ship will move during the TA section.

A few years back we were on Sea Princess following Ocean Princess off Greenland. Winds 40 kt and 14' seas from front quarter. We were rolling pretty well (had to take everything off counters because they were falling off) and doing 16 kt with stabilizers. Captain said Ocean was having major problems and only doing 8 kt ahead. Smaller ship without stabilizers moves more. Not sure we would want that.

But our son will sail on Pacific every chance he can get.

A few years back we were on Sea Princess following Ocean Princess off Greenland. Winds 40 kt and 14' seas from front quarter. We were rolling pretty well (had to take everything off counters because they were falling off) and doing 16 kt with stabilizers. Captain said Ocean was having major problems and only doing 8 kt ahead. Smaller ship without stabilizers moves more. Not sure we would want that.

But our son will sail on Pacific every chance he can get.

Actually, the Pacific and Ocean Princesses are stabilized. I have seen it noted on the "Log of the Cruise" on previous cruises.

Actually, the Pacific and Ocean Princesses are stabilized. I have seen it noted on the "Log of the Cruise" on previous cruises.

I just dug out an old (2007) "Log of the Cruise". Under the ship's particulars is "Stabilisers: 2: Each Fin 9.9m^2". And yes, I am something of a packrat... :rolleyes: