Royal Replenish Premium Coffee

I am just wondering, with the Royal Replenish package it states that it includes premium coffees. Is this referring to the Starbucks coffees you can purchase or???

It does not include Starbucks on Oasis class ships.

It does include drinks like espresso, latte, and cappucino at restaurants and venues like Cafe Promenade and Cafe Latte-Tudes.

From reading the blogs on the beverage packages, the Ultimate and Royal DO NOT offer Starbucks on the Oasis class ships?

To confirm, the premium coffee is for the non starbucks locations, and what kind of "shakes" and "smoothies" do they offer. Considering what package for teen and tween.

From reading the blogs on the beverage packages, the Ultimate and Royal DO NOT offer Starbucks on the Oasis class ships?

To confirm, the premium coffee is for the non starbucks locations, and what kind of "shakes" and "smoothies" do they offer. Considering what package for teen and tween.

Correct, no package covers Starbucks on Oasis class ships.

No shakes are included in the packages.

There may be some smoothie type drinks included in the Vitality Cafe, as long as there is no protein powder added. I do know that Vitality Cafe has multiple kinds of fresh squeezed juices that would be included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

We sailed Oasis last week and Starbucks is not included in the beverage packages. We visited Cafe Promenade daily and the cold options were very limited. They had a Coconut Caribbean iced coffee, iced latte and a couple of others. We have pictures of the menus but have not downloaded the pictures yet. As far as shakes and smoothies, I didn't see any listed or being made, but I could have missed them. Every other line one the cold menu was blacked out, so it seems they have reduced what they used to offer.

They did have a fresh squeezed orange juice machine in Cafe Promenade, so that was a plus.

Starbucks on Anthem was covered. On Anthem the Royal Replenish covered any non-alcoholic drink with the exception of canned sodas.

Agreed. We were able to get Starbucks coffee (not from an actual Starbucks Kiosk like on Oasis class) from La Patisserie such as iced coffees, cappuccinos, espressos, frappuccinos, and the gourmet hot chocolates. Also, they let us make any combination we could come up with with the different flavor syrups, espressos, chocolate, whipped cream, etc.!

With the Ultimate Package (and I would gather the Royal Replenish since Ultimate is just RR+ PP) you can also get cappuccinos, espresso, or possibly other coffee drinks in the dining rooms and they will bring it out to your table, we did this multiple times after dinner.

They also had smoothies up at the Solarium Bar that were only covered by either the Ultimate or Royal Replenish packages. Some of them even had protein powder in them. There was a laminated list on the bar counter that had the UP and RR stickers in the upper corner so people would know which packages covered it!

Lastly, we were surprisingly able to get canned sodas from the Seaplex Doghouse. Each of us had either the Ultimate or Premium packages. I do believe that was the only place we got canned sodas and the selection was limited!

Edited by sammydh82

It kills me that we haven't come up with a perfect way to explain this when these packages have been out for over 2 years now.

Freedom last year cafe promade served Starbucks and it was covered

There is no Starbucks place onboard Freedom. Therefore, "Starbucks" wasn't covered. Espresso-based drinks that happen to be made with Starbucks brand beans were covered. That's not "Starbucks" unless you use "Starbucks" to mean "any espresso brand". But here we use it to mean the actual Starbucks stores onboard a very very few ships. And NO package covers drinks purchased from those actual Starbucks locations. To use a package, you go to the NON-branded, could use any bean, espresso kiosks on the ship. And there are those on EVERY ship.

Agreed. We were able to get Starbucks coffee (not from an actual Starbucks Kiosk like on Oasis class)

And that is the key difference. You weren't able to get "Starbucks". They happened to be using Starbucks beans at that non-Starbucks kiosk, but they could easily switch it to Illy or Seattle's Best or Caribou or anything else. You got espresso-shop-type drinks from a non-branded kiosk.

You could not have gone to the actual Starbucks onboard to get actual "Starbucks".

I know it sounds picky but it's vital to peoples' understandings and expectations, to make that difference.

If we could stop using "Starbucks" (for "espresso") like people used to use "Xerox" (to mean "a photocopy") it would clear things up a lot!

It kills me that we haven't come up with a perfect way to explain this when these packages have been out for over 2 years now....

I agree, too bad we can't make it a sticky and just point people to the answer.

It kills me that we haven't come up with a perfect way to explain this when these packages have been out for over 2 years now.

There is no Starbucks place onboard Freedom. Therefore, "Starbucks" wasn't covered. Espresso-based drinks that happen to be made with Starbucks brand beans were covered. That's not "Starbucks" unless you use "Starbucks" to mean "any espresso brand". But here we use it to mean the actual Starbucks stores onboard a very very few ships. And NO package covers drinks purchased from those actual Starbucks locations. To use a package, you go to the NON-branded, could use any bean, espresso kiosks on the ship. And there are those on EVERY ship.

And that is the key difference. You weren't able to get "Starbucks". They happened to be using Starbucks beans at that non-Starbucks kiosk, but they could easily switch it to Illy or Seattle's Best or Caribou or anything else. You got espresso-shop-type drinks from a non-branded kiosk.

You could not have gone to the actual Starbucks onboard to get actual "Starbucks".

I know it sounds picky but it's vital to peoples' understandings and expectations, to make that difference.

If we could stop using "Starbucks" (for "espresso") like people used to use "Xerox" (to mean "a photocopy") it would clear things up a lot!

I don't disagree with what you say. Well, maybe I do. :)

What constitutes a "Starbucks"? Is it really the name over the establishment or is it a coffee made with Starbucks coffee beans? Personally, I think that sammydh82 has it right in describing it as being able "to get Starbucks coffee (not from an actual Starbucks Kiosk like on Oasis class)". Yup, it was Starbucks coffee.

BTW, I don't think others are using "Starbucks" as a generic term for espresso, I think they are using the term, as I would, as meaning a coffee made from Starbucks beans.

To me any coffee drink made with Starbucks brand beans is "Starbucks".

I drink Starbucks Italian Roast at home. I make it myself, but it's still Starbucks coffee. I don't differentiate between a latte made with Starbucks espresso and a latte made with Starbucks espresso at a Starbucks store for these purposes, as both are made more or less identically using ridiculously expensive machines.

However,it is important to differentiate between Starbucks the store and Starbucks the coffee brand when having these discussions, because Starbucks can mean either. Starbucks Coffee is served on many ships, but only some ships have Starbucks stores.

To me any coffee drink made with Starbucks brand beans is "Starbucks".

I drink Starbucks Italian Roast at home. I make it myself, but it's still Starbucks coffee. I don't differentiate between a latte made with Starbucks espresso and a latte made with Starbucks espresso at a Starbucks store for these purposes, as both are made more or less identically using ridiculously expensive machines.

However,it is important to differentiate between Starbucks the store and Starbucks the coffee brand when having these discussions, because Starbucks can mean either. Starbucks Coffee is served on many ships, but only some ships have Starbucks stores.

OMG "Nolesrule", you live in Hackettstown, NJ!!!! I lived there for 40 years!!!!

I'm going back there after my Grandeur cruise!!!! Do they have a Starbucks store yet? I hope Mama's is still there as I sure need some good pizza!!!!

Sorry everyone! totally off topic!!!

I wonder what brand of coffee Grandeur serves that is part of the Royale Premium Replenish pkg?

In my opening question, I was referring to "Starbucks brand" coffees served at Cafe Promenade not at a Starbucks kiosk. We will be on the Explorer of the seas.

I was just wondering if you can use the Royal Replenish package to get a Starbucks brand specialty coffee, such as a mocha or latte, at Café promenade?

In my opening question, I was referring to "Starbucks brand" coffees served at Cafe Promenade not at a Starbucks kiosk. We will be on the Explorer of the seas.

I was just wondering if you can use the Royal Replenish package to get a Starbucks brand specialty coffee, such as a mocha or latte, at Café promenade?

Your Replenish package will cover any of the specialty coffees they serve at Cafe Promenade.

However, there is no guarantee (or choice) what brand of coffee beans they might be using. I've seen Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and most recently Illy.

On the Oasis Class ships Starbucks is operated as franchise and does not only offer drinks but also cakes, pastry... That´s why it´s not included.

On all other ships they do sell Starbucks coffee drinks (but not the complete menu) in the Café Promenade or Latte-Tudes. Café Promenade on Oasis Class ships do serve Seattle´s Best.

steamboats

HI tlcpandb! I purchase the Royal Replenish package for every cruise, and smoothies are included, but as clarea stated, there may be a fee for the protein powder(s). I used to get frappes and other frozen drinks from Café Promenade, but when I was on the Oasis this past February, imagine my surprise when I skipped down from deck 6 all excited for my frappe and the lady making the drink advised they no longer served them. :mad: Of course I asked, "Well, why not?" and her reply was "They removed the blender." so I had to go to the Vitality Café to get anything frozen/blended. Although the trek from the aft of the ship to the bow 5+ times a day for my frappe fix was good exercise, I'm praying the Café Promenade on Harmony will be stocked with a blender. :D

HI tlcpandb! I purchase the Royal Replenish package for every cruise, and smoothies are included, but as clarea stated, there may be a fee for the protein powder(s). I used to get frappes and other frozen drinks from Café Promenade, but when I was on the Oasis this past February, imagine my surprise when I skipped down from deck 6 all excited for my frappe and the lady making the drink advised they no longer served them. :mad: Of course I asked, "Well, why not?" and her reply was "They removed the blender." so I had to go to the Vitality Café to get anything frozen/blended. Although the trek from the aft of the ship to the bow 5+ times a day for my frappe fix was good exercise, I'm praying the Café Promenade on Harmony will be stocked with a blender. :D

Where can you get smoothies on a small ship like Grandeur? They have a Latte Tudes Cafe, but I don't know what they serve there besides coffee.

Thanks!