Shoe Diva's Club

I love shoes, but my feet are narrow and I have a horrible time finding shoes. Basically, I can only find shoes at Easy Spirit and Naturalizer. I don't like to order either because even some narrows are still too wide. And I despise having to return things. So I envy all of you who can find such cute shoes.

Nominating myself for membership - I confess to being a shoe diva. It began the day I was born and the doctor told my Mom that I "had a good foundation" i.e. big feet. Yep I wore a ladies size 10 in the 4th grade. Back then the largest size easily found was usually a 9. I could never wear the cute girly shoes. Now that I have topped off at a beautiful size 12 there are so many options for me and I take full advantage of that availability. Since I never grew up in high school being able to find heels in my size, I never got the practice of wearing them so many of my shoes top out at 2.5" heel with some kind of platform. I have tried taller heels but lets just say they are saved for private time with the hubby since walking in them is next to impossible;-)

Anyway hope to be accepted to the group. My favorite places to shop are at Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom online, Zappos and yes, even eBay too. I also am able to get some really great deals on 6PM.com and Zuliliy.com.

This is an open forum..no need for acceptance:) We all enjoy the input and pics that are shared here! Thanks for posting your story and feel free to post anytime

Michelle

Nominating myself for membership - I confess to being a shoe diva. It began the day I was born and the doctor told my Mom that I "had a good foundation" i.e. big feet. Yep I wore a ladies size 10 in the 4th grade. Back then the largest size easily found was usually a 9. I could never wear the cute girly shoes. Now that I have topped off at a beautiful size 12 there are so many options for me and I take full advantage of that availability. Since I never grew up in high school being able to find heels in my size, I never got the practice of wearing them so many of my shoes top out at 2.5" heel with some kind of platform. I have tried taller heels but lets just say they are saved for private time with the hubby since walking in them is next to impossible;-)

Anyway hope to be accepted to the group. My favorite places to shop are at Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom online, Zappos and yes, even eBay too. I also am able to get some really great deals on 6PM.com and Zuliliy.com.

I love shoes, but my feet are narrow and I have a horrible time finding shoes. Basically, I can only find shoes at Easy Spirit and Naturalizer. I don't like to order either because even some narrows are still too wide. And I despise having to return things. So I envy all of you who can find such cute shoes.

When I was younger, I wore a 6A width; I can appreciate how hard it is to find shoes that fit. Time, and increasing girth, now have me feet at AA, so life is easier ;)

Of course you're accepted :) You like shoes, right? :D

Brucelegs, I love Nordstrom Rack! How do you find sizing accuracy on zappos and zulily? DD has size 11 but narrow. So she can often wear an open toe 10. We just never can tell which size to get her and shopping in our town is abysmal for her!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

c08e011a19aeeaaa0edff491c673b5ef.jpg

Shoe divas, I have made an important discovery. I'm in Newfoundland pre-cruise. It has been pouring rain so I'm wearing my Skechers instead of my pumps. Then I decided to wear my sanuks for a quick dash across the street and back. They got wet. I re-entered the hotel and gingerly started across the slippery tile floors. I decided to try the slip factor and discovered to my great delight that the sanuks do not slide when wet! I may have way more comfortable shoes to wear up to the Acropolis etc!!!

IrishLassie,

I think we all have a pair of "sitting" shoes to own up to. Mine are a pair of brightly patterned patent flats with a gaudy rhinestone bar across the vamp. I found them in China where everyone has smaller feet than me and bought them even though they were a little snug, knowing I would never see anything like them again. Just looking at them brings a smile to my face.

I heard a lady tell her friend she was wearing her "standing" pants. Very stylish, but so tightly fitted she couldn't sit down. Similar concept I think.

Ah, wish I could wear those lovely heels again. I'm relegated to these (at least I really like them) at least until upcoming surgery #14 on my right footImageUploadedByForums1468444430.702745.jpg.5b5a8d0988a921ab3dee61638376b916.jpg

Edited by awhfy

Oh, I have standing pants too! But they're standing pants because they are linen. I mean, who buys linen?! But they were gorgeous and I couldn't resist. Like a gorgeous pair of shoes you know you can't walk a block in. Sigh. Love is a many splendored thing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mine aren't Bernie Mevs, they're Sketcher Stretch Weave. They're more comfortable than Bernie Mevs & more than half the price! I have them in white (with a silver sheen) too

Edited by awhfy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Shoe Divas!

Just waving hello as I sip my imaginary frozen drink on my imaginary cruise on this Friday morning.

Come sit down beside me!

I found a great deal at Neiman Marcus Last Call online this week.

It started with me clearing out photos on my iPhone. I found a photo from months ago of an Adrienne Vittadini sandal I saw at TJMaxx, it wasn't my size, but I hoped to find it elsewhere. The photo jogged my memory, so I did a Yahoo search, using the brand name and style name. Amazon had the sandal for about $50 but one of the reviews mentioned finding it cheaper elsewhere, so I kept looking.

Finally located it at Neiman Marcus Final Call and they were having a fantastic sale. Original price $69, marked down to $22.

Well, a shoe diva never buys ONE pair of shoes at a great sale, so I looked some more and found these Charles David cork sandals, on sale for $26.

The sandals have an extra, elasticized strap across the top of the foot. I'm hoping this will help hold the foot while walking on cruise ships.

Free shipping, two pairs of shoes for $52, including tax. Woohoo!

p.prod?showprod=true

image.jpg.e52c846e4b7e6f4409a4de49837e5545.jpg

Hello Shoe Divas!

Just waving hello as I sip my imaginary frozen drink on my imaginary cruise on this Friday morning.

Come sit down beside me!

I found a great deal at Neiman Marcus Last Call online this week.

It started with me clearing out photos on my iPhone. I found a photo from months ago of an Adrienne Vittadini sandal I saw at TJMaxx, it wasn't my size, but I hoped to find it elsewhere. The photo jogged my memory, so I did a Yahoo search, using the brand name and style name. Amazon had the sandal for about $50 but one of the reviews mentioned finding it cheaper elsewhere, so I kept looking.

Finally located it at Neiman Marcus Final Call and they were having a fantastic sale. Original price $69, marked down to $22.

Well, a shoe diva never buys ONE pair of shoes at a great sale, so I looked some more and found these Charles David cork sandals, on sale for $26.

The sandals have an extra, elasticized strap across the top of the foot. I'm hoping this will help hold the foot while walking on cruise ships.

Free shipping, two pairs of shoes for $52, including tax. Woohoo!

p.prod?showprod=true

WOW, what a great deal & I love those shoes! How high is the heel? Do you suppose they would still have them? Thanks for sharing. :)