Pure selfish

Dajo5601

It is even more fun to move their stuff to another location - preferably on another deck and in a bad location. And before anyone flames me, I am not stealing their stuff. I am just moving it.

DON

Well.... Actually you are stealing it.

But hey whatever.

On a Pando ship a guy had the right idea. He would collect all the books etc and take them to reception saying that people must have left them behind :D

As for towels, As a smoker I am sometimes up early in the morning to have a smoke and coffee. One morning I was joined by another guy and we sat watching as people came out and put towels out on chairs. After, they had gone the guy went around the chairs and collected the towels and put them in a neat pile on one chair. From what he said he did it most morning.:eek:

On a Pando ship a guy had the right idea. He would collect all the books etc and take them to reception saying that people must have left them behind :D

As for towels, As a smoker I am sometimes up early in the morning to have a smoke and coffee. One morning I was joined by another guy and we sat watching as people came out and put towels out on chairs. After, they had gone the guy went around the chairs and collected the towels and put them in a neat pile on one chair. From what he said he did it most morning.:eek:

I like that, princess should be doing the same also.

Not on a cruise' date=' but today my family was sitting at a table at an outdoors mall. Three of us. My hubby left to use the restroom facilities. A short while later, I heard a scrapping sound. The chair that my hubby had just been sitting in was being dragged to the next table. The woman didn't ask if the chair was being used; she just took it.

I was dumbfounded but said loudly to my daughter, what the ----, that was dad's chair and she didn't even ask. My daughter was rolling her eyes, but I said it even louder that it's rude to just take a chair without asking.

My hubby returned and I repeated my disbelief that someone would be that rude. He took the one remaining chair at our table and moved it between my daughter and me, rather than bringing it to where he was sitting before (I had even suggested that he should move it there and somehow hit the other chair with it...just to get her attention).

I did resist going to the woman and saying something just in case she simply didn't hear me and suggest that she shouldn't just take a chair without asking. Certainly if we didn't have a spare chair, I would have.[/quote']

Last year going to a cruise, we were at the airport waiting to board. It was a full flight so few seats were to be had. I had gone to take a quick pee. This obnoxious woman came over & sat in my seat & ignored my partner's complaint. When I got back I simply said move or be sat on. She chose the latter, much to the amusement of all those around us. She quickly vacated the spot.

Now if you had been on a cruise, many here would class you as a CHOG.

Others are adamant that if you go to the restroom, you loose your chair.

Ah, but many of us have stated that a quick trip to the restroom is not a reason to accuse some of chair hoggery.

I do hope that one of the woman's friends did hear me and told her after they had left what I had said. But I think if they had heard me and didn't talk to her immediately, they were being rude too.

As for towels, As a smoker I am sometimes up early in the morning to have a smoke and coffee. One morning I was joined by another guy and we sat watching as people came out and put towels out on chairs. After, they had gone the guy went around the chairs and collected the towels and put them in a neat pile on one chair. From what he said he did it most morning.:eek:[/QUOTE]

I hope this guy is on all my upcoming cruises;)

We were at the airport after a cruise, having checked in for our flight and waiting for the handicap assist personnel to come with a wheelchair. We were directed to a row of 4 seats, all of which were occupied despite the HA symbol clearly displayed. The idea was that the person needing the assistance would be seated and I would then take her rollator to the check in agent--it would go in the baggage compartment as checked luggage.

I walked the short distance to the bank of seats and told the teens/early 20s sitting there that unless they could show me an HA boarding pass, they'd need to vacate those seats. No one moved despite my daughter standing there will a rollator (like a walker only with wheels). I actually had to go over to the agent and ask her to "provide" a seat for my daughter. Of course, she walked over in her uniform and thru out the offenders.

Note--this is rare. Most of the time, people immediately offer their seats, usually enough for 2 of us.

I have a question...

I'm cruising solo next year. HOw do I best "protect" my chair if I need to leave to go to the bathroom? In the pool? Grab a bite (to take back to my chair of course)?

I am being serious (not sarcastic). I liked the idea of a sign (I am in the pool) but wonder if there are better ideas out there.

And FWIW, I am enjoying the stories on this thread :)

I have a question...

I'm cruising solo next year. HOw do I best "protect" my chair if I need to leave to go to the bathroom? In the pool? Grab a bite (to take back to my chair of course)?

I am being serious (not sarcastic). I liked the idea of a sign (I am in the pool) but wonder if there are better ideas out there.

When I cruise solo, I place my "stuff" on the chair, and get my butt back to the chair in a hurry. If there is someone in the next chair, I'll mention to them that "I'll be right back." That's usually sufficient. Of course, a sign "Bathroom run, be right back" is a reasonable idea too.

I've rarely had a problem...but then, I've rarely been gone more than 10 minutes or so.

I have a question...

Humm "leave a towel and a book" on your chair :)

No seriously talk to the people sitting on either side of you and let them know you will be right back. Even let them know you may be gone as long as 20 min. Most people who take an empty chair first inquire with those on either side if the chair is taken. The response will be either, "we have never seen them and been here all afternoon" or "the chair is taken, they will be right back"

A polite conversation with your neighbors and of course your towel & book :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As for towels, As a smoker I am sometimes up early in the morning to have a smoke and coffee. One morning I was joined by another guy and we sat watching as people came out and put towels out on chairs. After, they had gone the guy went around the chairs and collected the towels and put them in a neat pile on one chair. From what he said he did it most morning.:eek:[/QUOTE]

I hope this guy is on all my upcoming cruises;)

I'm hitting the like button on this one :D

Tony

I have a question...

Leave a partially consumed drink(especially with ice!)Pax will normally notice the drink is still fresh & not take the seat. If it's totally packed ask a "neighbor" to let pax know you'll be right back.

Great ideas all!

Except for the actually talking to other people. Who wants to do THAT on vacation, lol ;)

Deb

If you sit next to my wife at the pool you'll change you tune real quick.

She's the only person I know that can get on a crowded elevator on the top deck & talk to every person person before she gets off. :cool:

She's the only person I know that can get on a crowded elevator on the top deck & talk to every person person before she gets off. :cool:

I hope she doesn't read your posts.

My wife says the same thing about me. :D I will be on the Royal in January I will save her a lounge chair next to me :D hahaha.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Your wife and my Dad would get along, lol. We always say "he can talk to trees"

That particular gene my sister got the majority of, I can only activate mine with copious amounts of gin ;)

Deb

I enjoy peace & Quiet onboard as much as possible.

Even on a huge ship. Vacation means I get to relax & be quiet.

We rarely use the elevators. On the ship we take the stairs most of the time. Its helpful for Not gaining alot of weight on our cruises.

It also frees me from being a captive audience with chatty-cathy. lol

I enjoy peace & Quiet onboard as much as possible.

Even on a huge ship. Vacation means I get to relax & be quiet.

We rarely use the elevators. On the ship we take the stairs most of the time. Its helpful for Not gaining alot of weight on our cruises.

It also frees me from being a captive audience with chatty-cathy. lol

The sanctuary is the place for you most of not all the people in there don't even look at each other :eek:

Tony

I am not, unfortunately, an entrepreneurial thinker by nature, but reading this thread has inspired in me a business idea: I will offer to take a bunch of my friends' children on cruises -- at the parents' expense, of course ;) -- and then rent each of the children out to potential lounge chair users to hold their seats for them! I bet I could easily earn back the cost of my cruise -- probably even come out ahead! I could call my company "Chair Hoglets!"

I am not, unfortunately, an entrepreneurial thinker by nature, but reading this thread has inspired in me a business idea: I will offer to take a bunch of my friends' children on cruises -- at the parents' expense, of course ;) -- and then rent each of the children out to potential lounge chair users to hold their seats for them! I bet I could easily earn back the cost of my cruise -- probably even come out ahead! I could call my company "Chair Hoglets!"

Won't work. Kids don't sit in chairs for more than 2 minutes at a time. ;)