How many times can you move your on board booking?

We have already moved our booking once. We heard that you can only move it twice. Is that true?

You can move it as many times as you want.

However, if you have future cruise OBC associated with the booking, it may be reduced to that of the open booking certificate.

Edited by clarea

I just a few minutes ago moved one with future OBC for the second time and kept the original $100 OBC. I had heard that the "unofficial" word was only 1 move without the OBC getting decreased.

I was told on board the OA that it has changed and you can move them as many times as you want. That said do I really trust that, no I don't

Edited by molly361

As with most things Royal, it depends on who you get on the phone.

It really does matter. I tried to transfer a reservation that I had booked onboard and as soon as I gave the rep. My reservation number she said - no you can't. So fast that it was like she didn't want to put any effort into helping me. I said its supposed to be flexible, but the rep. said it had reached its max transfers(this would have been the first transfer) I waited a few minutes and called back and was finally able to transfer to a harmony ots cruise with the new rep. Crazy.

Edited by Ja2012

It really does matter. I tried to transfer a reservation that I had booked onboard and as soon as I gave the rep. My reservation number she said - no you can't. So fast that it was like she didn't want to put any effort into helping me. I said its supposed to be flexible, but the rep. said it had reached its max transfers(this would have been the first transfer) I waited a few minutes and called back and was finally able to transfer to a harmony ots cruise with the new rep. Crazy.

That happened to me one time as well

I moved a cruise a few weeks ago. It had already been moved 2 or 3 times and the OBC had been reduced to $25. When I moved it to the Oasis they re-instated the full $100 OBC.

Wow, now that's a surprise!

I moved a cruise a few weeks ago. It had already been moved 2 or 3 times and the OBC had been reduced to $25. When I moved it to the Oasis they re-instated the full $100 OBC.

Wow, now that's a surprise!

The one I just moved today for the second time was one of the ones where I originally booked an OV and now have a balcony. I have the $100 future OBC and still only a $50 deposit

I've changed my current booking twice; lost $50 extra OBC (a military booking special) on the first change, but picked up an extra $100 on the second change. Each OBC change was in line with promotions in effect when I made the changes.

rkkunk, it's just best to have all info available (current deals etc) if you call to request another change. And hope you get a good rep. If you don't like what you hear, call back later. :)

I just a few minutes ago moved one with future OBC for the second time and kept the original $100 OBC. I had heard that the "unofficial" word was only 1 move without the OBC getting decreased.

I was told on board the OA that it has changed and you can move them as many times as you want. That said do I really trust that, no I don't

I moved one a second time recently, and I now have $13 in OBC. :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

Depends under which "rules" you booked. The "move once" was in effect for several of my cruises and held true when I moved one once. However, I booked 5 cruises on LB during our April 24-May 7 cruises and was told several times that the bookings were flexible (can keep OBC) up until final payment date. We will see as I plan to move one of the dates next week.

I've been told, multiple times, that when moving a booking, you are subject to whatever "deal" is in place at the time of the move. So, if there's no OBC deal at the time, then you will lose the OBC. I'm curious, since I no longer have the OBC, if I move it when there is an OBC deal, will I get the OBC?

The old saying is that if you call C&A 3 times you get 4 wrong answers.

As with most things Royal, it depends on who you get on the phone.

You are nice and easy going and not demanding, some times they will and can do favors for you. I just experienced that.

We had a BTB booked (booked onboard so that meant OBC) which we couldn't take so switched those original bookings to two 'holding cruises' a year ahead - no loss of OBC.

Cruise 1 we changed again and kept OBC.

Cruise 2 we changed a few weeks later and lost OBC.

Agree it depends who you get on the other end of the phone.

edited... Always nice and easy going but still two different results.

Edited by joandian

I've been told, multiple times, that when moving a booking, you are subject to whatever "deal" is in place at the time of the move. So, if there's no OBC deal at the time, then you will lose the OBC. I'm curious, since I no longer have the OBC, if I move it when there is an OBC deal, will I get the OBC?

Yes, you should get OBC if it's being offered when you make the move.

Note that most of the posts have been talking about OBC from booking on board, and that is independent of whatever deal is going on.