Red White & Blue Sale Jacked up Prices

cruzsnooze

Today I priced 2 cruises I'm booked for and both had the Red , White and Blue sale which includes free gratuity. They raised the price from YESTERDAY much more then the gratuity would cost. I guess some people fall for the word sale even when it's not a good one.

Today I priced 2 cruises I'm booked for and both had the Red , White and Blue sale which includes free gratuity. They raised the price from YESTERDAY much more then the gratuity would cost. I guess some people fall for the word sale even when it's not a good one.

I'd like to think we're all smart enough to figure out whether a deal is truly a deal. In my experience, at least a few cruises will actually be a better value with the promo. If the price with the gratuities to too high, we just won't buy.

Jim

I thought the sale started tomorrow?

Hmm, gotta go check out the cruise I just booked! :eek:

Darn!! My sailing does not appear to be included in the sale, but In the end, I would have been very surprised if I get such a quick savings!

Edited by jennybenny

I thought the sale started tomorrow?

Hmm, gotta go check out the cruise I just booked! :eek:

Darn!! My sailing does not appear to be included in the sale, but In the end, I would have been very surprised if I get such a quick savings!

The same happen to me. When I get to the cruise I want, it says pre paid gratuity. But when I go through the booking there are none. My TA has been trying to get it for me.

Edited by geocruiser

We have a 13 day connoisseur cruise tour (OB6) booked for June. I booked it last year in, I think, March on the very first day it became available. I have checked over and over (until it completely sold out a number of months ago) and the very best "sale" I have seen was $200 per person more than we paid - even after taking into account the "perks" they were offering.

Beware of Princess reps bearing gifts...

This is what we've seen on past "sales" on cruises we had booked. When I compared the whole "package" of tips included, specialty dining, OBC, and cruise fare, the costs came out essentially equal. It was just a matter of where they allocated the "savings."

There was a cruise I was following recently, they put on a "Upgrade to Balcony for $100" sale.

Sounds good hey.

But the balcony price was the same as the price as the day before the sake, the OV jumped in price to be $100 less than the balcony.

We have a 13 day connoisseur cruise tour (OB6) booked for June. I booked it last year in, I think, March on the very first day it became available. I have checked over and over (until it completely sold out a number of months ago) and the very best "sale" I have seen was $200 per person more than we paid - even after taking into account the "perks" they were offering.

Beware of Princess reps bearing gifts...

To be fair, we booked a cruise (it's only seven days) and so far we have snagged about $700 in price drops and an extra $400 in OBC. When I booked I knew it was priced, in my opinion about $300-400 over what I thought is should be, so still a few hundred in savings and nice little bundle of OBC.

I guess some people fall for the word sale even when it's not a good one.

I think technically the word sale refers to a situation where one person has something the other person wants. Once this situation is identified, the two people exchange the item and cash. A sale has occurred.

Whether it's a massive discount never to be repeated, mega-sale is open to dispute. Same as a fantastic red, white and blue sale which you wont ever be offered again because next time it will be a red, white and blue cruisetastic sale.

Caveat emptor

Regards John

Well, the 4 cruises I have book in balcony CATS have all decreased their pricing by $50 in the CAT I booked. My promo is still better so I will not go for the price drop...so at least for my sailings they have reduced pricing and saying grats r included. These are MR cruises. Oh BTW I forgot one of the cruises I have a mini suite, but I do remember the Balcony price.

Edited by land lover

There was a cruise I was following recently, they put on a "Upgrade to Balcony for $100" sale.

Sounds good hey.

But the balcony price was the same as the price as the day before the sake, the OV jumped in price to be $100 less than the balcony.

I noticed this too. Its all a bunch of jibberish goo. really just so people feel like its a deal. Regardless I usually just consider if its a fair price and determine by that

I just looked at the sale price for the cruise I booked about a week ago. It is higher on sale without taking into account the freebies. I have $150 OBC per person. The sale wouldn't have that but would have free gratuities. Overall, it would cost me over $200. more to book the sale deal and I also noticed the deposit is nonrefundable.

My future cruise dropped in price by $100 per person plus the free gratuities, but ... we didn't jump on it because we got a free beverage package when we booked. I think we'll come out ahead keeping what we have. But, I always check!

Saw this thread so I checked and my cruise in March, 2017 was included in the "sale."

Well, the cabin fare has increased by $1,014 so even with free gratuities (which will be $446), there is a net increase in cost of $568! Some sale. :rolleyes:

Yes they do and people fall for it.

I rebooked yesterday on this sale as the price had actually gone down $200 per person, in addition to having the free gratuities. I lost the $100 OBC from when I originally booked, of course, but the gratuities would have been over $100 pp anyway, so we saved over $400 from this sale. And the original deposit is still fully refundable up to final payment...

Why is deposit refundable? How does that work? - I thought new rules override the old booking rules. That's a great deal for those who have booked earlier and did not want to reprice because of non-refundable deposit. Like me! 😊

Why is deposit refundable? How does that work? - I thought new rules override the old booking rules. That's a great deal for those who have booked earlier and did not want to reprice because of non-refundable deposit. Like me! 😊

Not sure; maybe cause I went through my TA? Maybe cause i used a future cruise credit for the deposit? But it clearly says on my revised booking confirmation: "The reduced deposit of $100 is 100% refundable before final payment is due."

Not sure; maybe cause I went through my TA? Maybe cause i used a future cruise credit for the deposit? But it clearly says on my revised booking confirmation: "The reduced deposit of $100 is 100% refundable before final payment is due."

Good deal. I have a TA. Will call. All they can say is no. Worth 5 minutes on hold if I can potentially get prepaid tips.