Necessay for diamond and above to request robes?

I just got off the Allure. On Day 2 I left a note asking for terry cloth robes for my husband and myself. Our cabin attendant brought them later that day and told me he did not forget anything, but that diamond and above guests now have to request the robes. I thanked him for bringing them. I don't remember needing to ask for them before.

I never suggested he forgot them - I just asked for them.

Is this the way it is now? Maybe I just did not get the memo! :confused:

I just got off the Allure. On Day 2 I left a note asking for terry cloth robes for my husband and myself. Our cabin attendant brought them later that day and told me he did not forget anything, but that diamond and above guests now have to request the robes. I thanked him for bringing them. I don't remember needing to ask for them before.

I never suggested he forgot them - I just asked for them.

Is this the way it is now? Maybe I just did not get the memo! :confused:

Yes, Royal recently added a footnote to the list of C&A benefits indicating that Platinum and above get robes upon request.

...and are Diamond. Will we have to request robes ?

I hate that. Seems they have so much to do & I like the robe for the first night.

All the suites should get robes automatically.

All the suites should get robes automatically.

Just off Harmony and my aunty and uncles junior suite had robes but my parents normal balcony cabin did not.They are not far from off diamond plus and didn't have them.

Good to know. We will be Diamond in a Junior Suite on Explorer in September, and will know to ask as soon as we see our cabin attendant. Only problem lately has been that the attendants don't often show up and introduce themselves very soon; sometimes not until the second day or later.

Pat

Yes, Royal recently added a footnote to the list of C&A benefits indicating that Platinum and above get robes upon request.

I will have to read the C&A benefits more often. Thanks, Bob!

They put a card in the room telling you to ask for ice if you want it. I wish they would do that for the robes.

I will have to read the C&A benefits more often. Thanks, Bob!

They put a card in the room telling you to ask for ice if you want it. I wish they would do that for the robes.

I agree, that would be nice.:)

I don't mind requesting the robes. They take up too much room in the closet. I need that room for my clothes....:);)

I hang mine on the bathroom door and leave it there. They are big in the closet!

Only problem lately has been that the attendants don't often show up and introduce themselves very soon; sometimes not until the second day or later.

Just leave a note in the cabin for anything you might need to request, robes, hangers, ice, extra glasses, toiletries, etc...... Works every time.

Lately we don't see the room attendants as often, their duties have increased immensely.

We were on the Allure the beginning of the month. Cabin attendant told us robes are on request and only suite guests get shampoo etc. but he did bring us some. We were in a balcony but had suites around us.

Can that be right? Do they really not provide shampoo unless you have a suite? We have to bring our own?

If that's really true, it's pretty shocking. Even the cheapest hotel room gives you shampoo.

I'm rather surprised everyone doesn't get a robe too, unless it's really that the higher loyalty tiers get a better quality robe. That I could see.

Can that be right? Do they really not provide shampoo unless you have a suite? We have to bring our own?....

There should be a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower on all ships except Vision.

Can that be right? Do they really not provide shampoo unless you have a suite? We have to bring our own?

If that's really true, it's pretty shocking. Even the cheapest hotel room gives you shampoo.

I'm rather surprised everyone doesn't get a robe too, unless it's really that the higher loyalty tiers get a better quality robe. That I could see.

You do get shampoo/condition but it's in a dispenser on the shower. A bit tacky IMHO, even though I have always brought my own anyway :(

Good to know. We will be Diamond in a Junior Suite on Explorer in September, and will know to ask as soon as we see our cabin attendant. Only problem lately has been that the attendants don't often show up and introduce themselves very soon; sometimes not until the second day or later.

Pat

Check your closet first. As Bob noted, all suites should get them automatically.

Pat

Leave him/her a note when you first get in your cabin.

Even though the small tubes of shampoo are not in your cabin when you arrive, you may request them from your steward, and the chances are extremely high that you will be them.

Most women I know would prefer their own no matter what. ;)

Even though the small tubes of shampoo are not in your cabin when you arrive, you may request them from your steward, and the chances are extremely high that you will be them.

Most women I know would prefer their own no matter what. ;)

Well, I'm a guy with very little hair left, so I'm much less concerned with the quality of my shampoo.;)

Still seems weird just assume everyone brings shampoo with them and not provide it. If it isn't used, fine. Then it sits there and the next people in the cabin can have the option to use it.

...and are Diamond. Will we have to request robes ?

I hate that. Seems they have so much to do & I like the robe for the first night.

Bob's previous quote seems accurate for what RC is intending. Has the word, or will it spread evenly among the fleet? 4 weeks ago on Oasis when they thought I was Diamond and my wife Emerald, they left one robe. We got that corrected. Now going back to read the thread to see how many posts before an off topic one about wearing robes comes up.

Just leave a note in the cabin for anything you might need to request, robes, hangers, ice, extra glasses, toiletries, etc...... Works every time.

Lately we don't see the room attendants as often, their duties have increased immensely.

Technically we never saw our attendant on Oasis last month. They did a great job, but they never introduced themselves or were at the room when we were.