Anyone else unimpressed?

BackInNYC

June 12 to Bermuda will be my first sailing with Celebrity -- concierge class. Have been trying for three days to complete check-in, but stalled each time. First phone call says they're updating systems, call back in a day. Two days later, they say "Sorry. We're still working on it. Everyone has the same problem." I've sailed with Princess, Royal, Norwegian, Regent, Carnival. Never a problem with online check-in. To say I'm underwhelmed, particularly with the upgrade is an understatement. Am I alone?

June 12 to Bermuda will be my first sailing with Celebrity -- concierge class. Have been trying for three days to complete check-in, but stalled each time. First phone call says they're updating systems, call back in a day. Two days later, they say "Sorry. We're still working on it. Everyone has the same problem." I've sailed with Princess, Royal, Norwegian, Regent, Carnival. Never a problem with online check-in. To say I'm underwhelmed, particularly with the upgrade is an understatement. Am I alone?

GLITCHES with X website is longstanding deficiency, well known to X regulars. Nonetheless, X cruisers 'grin and bear it'. Not saying it's right, just seems a fact of life with X. Contrast that with most finding Xs loyalty program perqs the most generous in mass market - so win some, lose some.

The airlines' website seem to work better, but then consider their extra fees, cattle-call boarding, and tight narrow seats in main cabin. All things considered, I'll prefer X - try using a Travel Agent to do your cruise leg work. Good Luck

I'm on the same sailing and I was able to check in about a week ago. It did error out at the end when asking for travel plans, but even without the info it's saying I'm 100% checked in.

Celebrity and Royal have the worst check in of all the cruise lines. NCL, Princess, and Carnival's systems are so much easier to use.

Don't sweat it, just enjoy looking forward to your cruise and start your packing. If you don't have the pass, they will do it all for you. We couldn't get it to work once and I don't think our check-in was any longer than all the times we have had the express pass.

We've had that happen. Sometimes if you call the captain's club they can do it for you/with you on the phone. If you get them.

The experience you're having with Celebrity's website is the polar opposite of what you'll have on board. Have a wonderful cruise.

Now you are not alone in thinking their website sucks, it has continually had issues. Rest assured though that the on board experience is in stark contrast where they deliver an excellent product.:D

Celebrity has too many problems with their website. Customer service can be helpful. Customer service can also be terrible. If you speak to a person who seems to know what is happening, you are lucky. More often, the rep is not helpful. Fortunately, the people who are responsible for maintaining the website or call center do not run the cruise experience. If you cannot check in on line, do it when you get to the pier. Also, if you do not get luggage tags, you can get them at the pier. Just relax and focus on packing, etc. It is a pity that your pre-cruise experience ( or post cruise) is poor.

Oddly enough my online check in for the June 12 sailing was the first time I was able to finish it myself in the last seven Celebrity bookings without my calling Celebrity and having them do complete it.

Our experience.. is that it is .rarely user error...website is awful in most respects and despite promises over many yrs to fix or upgrade, most changes were only for marketing

No real commitment to presenting a well function website...,guess they are too busy with the ad campaigns..marco polo!

Edited by hcat

I registered weeks ago and printed everything out only to have the website bump me out and put me from 100 back to 10%. Went through the process again and it seems to have stuck (so far anyway). The website has definite issues. Try it again and see if it sticks.

Wonder if new CEO will have to struggle to print out luggage tags and a boarding pass for the upcoming President's cruise! If she did, then maybe she would feel our pain and have it fixed permanently....just sayin'

Probably your issue, more than likely it's User Error. Never had a problem with my 12 Celebrity cruises.

It is not user error. The Celebrity and Royal Carribean online check ins have been screwed up for years. Like the other person I never had an issue with other cruise lines. With the Celebrity check in I have had to call more often than not. And I have been on more Celebrity cruises than you have. They also often have issues with their Connection Party registration. It goes down often. There is something wrong with their IT back end.

Wonder if new CEO will have to struggle to print out luggage tags and a boarding pass for the upcoming President's cruise! If she did, then maybe she would feel our pain and have it fixed permanently....just sayin'

Until they change their back end problems are going to continue. Replacing it would be huge expense. Millions. So they will only do that as a last resort. Fixing the bugs in an old system can't be done easily because changes introduce new bugs. I do think it has improved. The front end of the online check in I just did was changed and much better. I was surprised it completed. Also I was able to do my Select Dinner reservations at once this time without having to exit frorm every day and start over every day.

I would try another browser and see if that helps.

If not, I'd call either my TA or my X Vacation Planner and have them sort it out.

Good luck.

My check-in went smoothly other than the fact that I have an 18-year-old in a different cabin. She's considered an adult so her check-in is separate, but because she's under 21 she has to be in a cabin next to me. The system can't recognize that and it got all wonky. A fairly quick phone call and we got it fixed.

Edited by love2driveinct

I've pointed out several errors or inconsistencies in the last 5 or 6 weeks to Celebrity, i.e. promotion headlines saying "though April, 2018", but you can only see cruises through April 2017. I was told in every case, "They're too busy designing a new site to fix things." Evidently their IT dept is answerable only to themselves.

I reported an error to them in early March which was sent to their web team. It still claimed daily water in AQ which as we know was cut in 2015.

Still wrong. Have to assume removing lies is low on their list. I have reminded them monthly but no fix.

Makes me hope someone booked it and insisted on receiving what they had paid for.

Assume everything on their site is wrong or misleading.

Celebrity's website isn't the best, but fortunately once onboard, you'll soon forget all those issues.

Enjoy your cruise!

Agreed, as long as you are booked, check-in can be sorted at the embarkation.:D