RC Cancels Rhapsody Sailings (April 29 2017)

We loved the Explorer too and cruised Liberty last year, and Anthem this year even though it was the same itinerary all 3 cruises.

We probably won't travel to Baltimore but NCL Gem (and sister ships) is our favorite class with them. Didn't like Breakaway at all, way to crowded for the number of passengers in all venues. May need to try X again, haven't for many years but it was our most favorite for Bermuda cruises.

We did the BA last year and thought it was like a floating mall. The Gem is a gem (sailed in April). Just booked the Summit today for Can in Sept. Love the Grandeur. Sailing next Wed. and have 4 others booked on her. DH won't go near the Anthem. Wants a traditional ship.

I'm really sad to hear about all the cancellations. We plan our cruises very carefully, picking our cabins, ship, itinerary.

The one time we had a cruise cancelled, it felt like the rug was pulled out from under us.

I hope these mass cancellations stop!

We did the BA last year and thought it was like a floating mall. The Gem is a gem (sailed in April). Just booked the Summit today for Can in Sept. Love the Grandeur. Sailing next Wed. and have 4 others booked on her. DH won't go near the Anthem. Wants a traditional ship.

Perfect analogy... Floating Mall. There were mobs of people all over the place, all the time on the BA.

Would love to try the Summit too and good to know about the Grandeur. We liked the Anthem more than we thought we would. We had a group of 8 and DD Classic -late seating, it was fantastic.

I got called yesterday to find out my trip from NJ was cancelled. I had a out of pocket expenses for trip insurance that they will not pay. Offered me 200$ obc, however I want to go from NJ to Bahamas, next summer so I can not use it. We have a trip in October on the Summit, asked if I could use it there, answer NO, but they would of transferred my deposit to Summit. I am not happy. It was for the best as I booked on the Gem for same dates and trip, same price and got drink and dinning package.

Received a note that our October 23, 2017 on Rhapsody, Bayonne to Tampa, was cancelled but offering a similar cruise out of Boston on Serenade October 20, To FTL for the same rate.

Problem is, how do we get to Boston for this one way cruise? Since we're only 1.5 hours from Bayonne we were going to use a car service for the now cancelled cruise but we're 4 hours away from Boston. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks

We take the train or do a one way car rental from NJ. Many other bus options are also available.

Vision will be there in the fall for 10-12 night Fall Foliage cruises to Quebec. Other than that, no replacement for the summer cruises.

Does anyone know how the NJ Bahamas cruises on Rhapsody were selling? Perhaps not too well which made pulling the ship out of NJ the easy decision when they decided to sell a ship. Surprising move since they had just added the 3rd ship to NJ (including Summit in the count).

you are correct petel - should have mentioned dates. I don't know all the dates but do know April 29 2017 as that is the one I had reserved. Had the perfect JS and was so looking forward to the itinerary. When checking RC website - no longer any cruises available to book on Rhapsody from April on to November, 2017.

The Rhapsody April 2017 Atlantic crossing we were supposed to be on was cancelled in March of this year. We received email notification and options for other crossings.

Edited by BEENSAILING

We were really happy to see an alternative to Anthem in Bayonne for the summer of 2017 doing a r/t. So disappointed. Although the Anthem is "nicely different" to say the least, it's not anywhere as welcoming as the Explorer was. Bayonne needs a second choice...either RC or Celebrity with a different itinerary. Otherwise all "locals" will seek out "the alternatives"! Vicki

I keep hoping that Celebrity will put one of their new Edge ships in Bayonne, but that's still a couple of years away. I'd love to do something other than Bermuda from NJ on Celebrity. That season they had Silhouette sailing out of NJ was great!

Edited by MisterBill99

get cancelled and die a horrible death.

Thanks to these boards I was able to find out about the

Rhapsody repo being cancelled.... I was never notified of it by RC.

After some frantic calls to our TA, I was able to book an E1 on the

Serenade for the March 27th 11 day cruise…seems most of the “better” cabins

had been picked over by the time I got there.

Interestingly, our TA was able to secure $300 OBC.

That helps with the sting of the cancellation AND luckily

I hadn't booked flights yet. WHEW!!

Stuff happens BUT it's still aggravating...

After Royal cancelled (redeployed) Rhapsody for April 2017 Atlantic crossing in March of this year to move Rhapsody to Bayonne.... Rhapsody crossings are back on. Many found other ships and itineraries. And those of us who had booked early and gotten the staterooms we wanted - at prices we wanted - on the original crossing of course lost out. and now.... sigh. This kind of craziness is what many don't like about Royal.

We were booked on the Legend out of Venice October 2017 but received an e-mail that they had replaced the Legend with Rhapsody. I checked this morning and they just changed the name of the ship on the reservation (cabins kept the same). They also offered $50 per cabin OBC with $100 per suite for the inconvenience.

Now I have to go check my signature and change the ship...

Our travel agent contacted us & said that Royal called her... our June 18, 2017 cruise was cancelled... so we rebooked onto Grandeur or June 15th.. with 200 obc from Royal due to my husband being in the military we only had a few choices to switch to

LOL!! Now John will want one of those to scare the seagulls off the beach!! [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji14]

Haven't been a problem lately. Maybe this is why. [emoji6]

ec3616d79b7bd1c4f115db4b45a39106.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Haven't been a problem lately. Maybe this is why. [emoji6]

Is it that time of the year again??

We always seem to catch the super speed boat races when we are staying in the Keys

on the waterfront in November. You indeed can hear them coming from a long ways away!

Edited by island lady