Quest Running on one Pod

Zouave

Good luck. I have had that misfortunate twice on Celebrity's M class. Once the cruise got terminated because the ship needed to limp to dry dock for under water pod repairs. The second time it was related to auxiliary systems / software and was fixed in port in about 24 hours. Keep us posted...

Actually I really like Cadiz. It has a lovely old town with an impressive Cathedral, interesting architecture and a great town beach. It is Moorish in appearance with little streets opening onto small squares. Lots of bars and restaurants and you can see the sea from practically everywhere. You can walk to the headland through lovely parks in about an hour.

It isn't Seville, but it is a very pleasant port. Zoave, I hope you manage to get there and enjoy your day.

CAPT just announced tech problem with one pod. Delay in departing "The Rock".

It cannot be pod trouble quest has engines mounted inside with shaft driven propellers

Edited by Bloodaxe

Thanks. But the pain here is this was going to be Azamara's last trip up the river. CPT is bummed and so are we. To be able to sail up the the locks and now have to "bus up" is a bummer. Big bucks... No luck.

It cannot be pod trouble quest has engines mounted inside with shaft driven propellers

Ha - my husband's first reaction when I told him ;-) Hopefully it will be fixed soon so not much else in the itinerary needs to be changed!

Update: shuttle buses have been set up to get us to Seville. Special "night in amazing places" will be on board☹️.

Hi Zouave,

Thank you for the updates. Whatever the issue is, we all hope it's not anything that will significantly affect your sailing. As Bonnie hasn't commented, I hope you will keep us updated. All the best to you, and everyone onboard Quest.

Update. Shuttle tickets will be given out at either 0800 or 0815 for trips to Siville. Two days FCC to be issued. Not sure if we ever want to sail Azamara again as this was the second mechanical problem we have encountered. And yes it was a propeller problem. Funny, was told props were pulled and serviced during April refit.

Update. Shuttle tickets will be given out at either 0800 or 0815 for trips to Siville. Two days FCC to be issued. Not sure if we ever want to sail Azamara again as this was the second mechanical problem we have encountered. And yes it was a propeller problem. Funny, was told props were pulled and serviced during April refit.

Can well understand your disappointment but at least you will get to experience Seville. Hope you enjoy your day

You've been very unlucky, never encountered a mechanical problem on any of our 3 Az cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks. But the pain here is this was going to be Azamara's last trip up the river. CPT is bummed and so are we. To be able to sail up the the locks and now have to "bus up" is a bummer. Big bucks... No luck.

We did an Azamara cruise in either October or November 2013 that finished in Seville, that was also " the last trip up the river" so all is not lost for a future cruise.

Prop issues ( absent a tangled line, etc.) are not usually resolved by using divers. A short dry dock may be in Quest's future.

Well I hope it's before we do our TA, I would prefer to do that with maximum engine capacity!

We are on the next Quest cruise from Southampton to the Baltic. We are not part of a charter so I'm not sure if that is correct. If they were going to drydock, it seems like it would be between the end of the current cruise and the beginning of ours which leaves on June 11.