Birth Certificate & ID?

picabo972

I was just doing the online checkin for upcoming cruise and it says you must have a state issued ID to go along with a Birth Certificate, for 16years and up. My kiddo is 16 but doesn't have an ID yet. Does anyone know if this rule is strictly enforced?

Glad I read this - had no idea myself. Means my daughter must bring her license instead of "Whoops - forgot it, can't drive part of the way to the port."

Also, while I'd still get the state one, on this page

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3409/~/travel-documentation%3A-u.s.-citizens#Photo_I.D.

It does mention a student id as valid for kids 16-18.

Bring all the IDs!!!!

Hopefully they will take a paper copy. There is no way the actual ID will be received in time. I'm glad I did the online check in or I would've had no idea about the ID! Thanks

Needs to have a photo..does it? You might be able to get a same day State ID.

I was just doing the online checkin for upcoming cruise and it says you must have a state issued ID to go along with a Birth Certificate, for 16years and up. My kiddo is 16 but doesn't have an ID yet. Does anyone know if this rule is strictly enforced?

If you don't have a passport for them, or a driver's license/permit, you can use a school id with a picture. :D

Just go to DMV and say you need state ID

I think it was around$12

You get it right then...no waiting for mail

It is like a license

Why do people keep claiming this and stating it as fact. You have no idea how a person's state handles these things. Just because YOUR state does it that way in no way means they all do. So how about this, unless you know for certain what a state does, keep your wrong information too yourself.

You can also get a Passport Card or Passport Book for them within 24 hours if you have proof of travel. Its a lot costlier but it can be done

But in this case she has found out that her school ID is all that she needs in addition to Birth Certificate.

Just go to DMV and say you need state ID

I think it was around$12

You get it right then...no waiting for mail

It is like a license

Not here either. Comes in the mail. You can get it next day with proof of need and you get yourself to the state office to pick it up. :p

PA would have been a lot easier when my new SIL lost his wallet two days before their honeymoon cruise!! ;)