Tips

Jeffrey1950

Personally if we like our lead waiter(and we usually do) we tip extra during the cruise. We don't wait until the last day. We sometimes also tip the assistant waiter depending on how much interaction we have .

Edited by riffatsea

No, we don't and no one that we cruise with does either.

Extra tipping happens on the last night of our cruise.

Often, by the end of a meal it is hard to find our server as he is somewhere getting ready for the next sitting. We aren't of a mind to chase him or his assistants down when we are ready to leave the table.

If I want to tip extra in the MDR on the last night, I just "palm" it to the person as I shake their hand to thank them. No need to make it obvious by handing an envelope. It's very discrete.

I take it everyone knows how to palm currency when shaking a hand? ;)

Edited by loubetti

Just wondering...besides the usual tips added to your Ship Board Account do you tip in the Dining Room?

i don't but you are more than welcome to tip extra in the mdr or anywhere else on ship if you feel like it.

your hard earned money, your decision and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

Edited by Computer Nerd

Just wondering...besides the usual tips added to your Ship Board Account do you tip in the Dining Room?

So far, we've always tipped extra to the waitstaff as well as the cabin steward because of excellent service.

If we ever have subpar service, we'd skip the extra tip.

Some people may or may not know that the wait staff pulls double duty. You will more than likely see your wait staff working on the Lido during breakfast and/or lunch. More often than not the staff members recognize me before I even see them. If they address me by name, or help in any way, I do remember and I recognize the extra effort on the last night. ;)