Will Explore 4 return?

AnnieBelle

We have enjoyed having the Explore 4 package on our last two HAL cruises. I have a cruise scheduled for November 2016 and a PCC hinted that Explore 4 may be offered before our final payment is due. However, it seems like the Explore 4 was usually for cruises beginning the following January. Anyone have an idea if this does open if we could apply it towards our fall cruise?

We have enjoyed having the Explore 4 package on our last two HAL cruises. I have a cruise scheduled for November 2016 and a PCC hinted that Explore 4 may be offered before our final payment is due. However, it seems like the Explore 4 was usually for cruises beginning the following January. Anyone have an idea if this does open if we could apply it towards our fall cruise?

Don't be surprised to see it in a couple of weeks to a month. Last Year it was around the 1st of July, but they were releasing the 2016-17 K-dam Caribbean cruises early. It seems to coincide with the opening of post-holiday Caribbean itineraries.

The current promotion - Anniversary Sale - was supposed to end June 1 but has been extended to July 1, so I do not expect any new promotions until after July 1. I will be watching closely after July 1 however.

Ummm... Newbie question, I guess - What is Explore 4?

Thanks,

Al Carter

Explore4 is the name of a Promotion that HAl has done for the previous 2 two years. That was to Explore 4 options of Beverage Package of $50.00 per person per day, Reduced Deposit, Dining at the Pinnacle Grill and or Cannaletto, and reduced cost for 3rd and 4th passengers. My understanding is it should start on or about July 20th :)

Thanks so much LaffNVegas for the "about July 20" date for Explore 4. :) There were so many of us who booked Explore 4 on our recent cruise that the Pinnacle Grill was fully booked.

Edited by qsuzi

I believe if they offered the Explore 4 on a more regular basis (like Celebrity), we wouldn't have to wait until mid July to see promotions on Caribbean 2017. I was told by a PCC that they hold off until they are satisfied that enough of 2016 cruises are sold before promoting 2017.

I believe if they offered the Explore 4 on a more regular basis (like Celebrity), we wouldn't have to wait until mid July to see promotions on Caribbean 2017. I was told by a PCC that they hold off until they are satisfied that enough of 2016 cruises are sold before promoting 2017.

They had Explore 4 on 2017 Caribbean cruises last summer in July through Oct 1.

We've been waiting patiently for an Explore 4 for a Jan Carib cruise but had not noticed anything this year. Without anything on the horizon from HAL We just booked a spa balcony with premium drink package and 3 specialty dinners on NCL Getaway. For us, in the Carib, drink package is really a necessity.

Explore4 is the name of a Promotion that HAl has done for the previous 2 two years. That was to Explore 4 options of Beverage Package of $50.00 per person per day, Reduced Deposit, Dining at the Pinnacle Grill and or Cannaletto, and reduced cost for 3rd and 4th passengers. My understanding is it should start on or about July 20th :)

My PCC told me today to watch for it anywhere between now and end of July. Also said some OBC for suites.

We've been waiting patiently for an Explore 4 for a Jan Carib cruise but had not noticed anything this year. Without anything on the horizon from HAL We just booked a spa balcony with premium drink package and 3 specialty dinners on NCL Getaway. For us, in the Carib, drink package is really a necessity.

We are in the same boat - drink package is essential for us in the Caribbean. We're not big drinkers normally, but on a cruise we love to try different drinks, specialty coffees, wine with dinner etc. etc. without thinking about the tab.

I really hope HAL is moving in the direction of other cruise lines that offer the bev. pkg. as a regular option. This waiting is killing me! We've already booked our air, which is something I never do.

Just booked a 2017 cruise and the price I saw on the website of HAL (in the Netherlands) is with the explore offer. I asked HAL why they don't show on their website that the price is included the explore offer. They told me that for now it is only for selected cruises, but in a few weeks it is expected they will bring the explore 4 offer on their website. So if you are waiting for this offer I advice you to call HAL and ask if you can already book your cruise with the free beverage package and the Pinnacle grill dinner. For Signature suites and Neptunes suites they offer free internet minutes and no payment for daily gratuity as well, HAL told me. (Sorry if my english writing is not so good, it is not my native language)

Just booked a 2017 cruise and the price I saw on the website of HAL (in the Netherlands) is with the explore offer. I asked HAL why they don't show on their website that the price is included the explore offer. They told me that for now it is only for selected cruises, but in a few weeks it is expected they will bring the explore 4 offer on their website. So if you are waiting for this offer I advice you to call HAL and ask if you can already book your cruise with the free beverage package and the Pinnacle grill dinner. For Signature suites and Neptunes suites they offer free internet minutes and no payment for daily gratuity as well, HAL told me. (Sorry if my english writing is not so good, it is not my native language)

Your English writing is better than a lot of natives! It's interesting that you have Ex 4 on some cruises now. What cruises? We didn't see it until July last year in the U.S.

Your English writing is better than a lot of natives! It's interesting that you have Ex 4 on some cruises now. What cruises? We didn't see it until July last year in the U.S.

Thank you for your compliment about my english writing :) I thouhgt I have to wait till july as well but when I called my TA last week she told me she can already book our cruise with the explore 4. This offer opened in the bookingsystem since 16th june. I was very suprised about this. After that I called HAL to be sure that this is true and they confirmed it, so I booked the 14 night voyager of the midnight sun cruise for 2017 with free beverage package and a Pinnacle grill dinner. I don't know if this offer is only for European cruises or also for any other destination. In my country you can't see it anywhere on the internet as well, you only can find out if the explore 4 is already bookable for your cruise if you call HAL or your TA.

It is not limited to cruises in Europe. Lisa wrote (above) thTshe has it for her Mexico cruise.

That's right. I booked a Caribbean cruise for March 2016 in august 2015 and get the explore 4 offer then. For the offer I get now, I don't know for which cruises they give you the offer at this moment before they opened the explore 4 bookings in july this year for all cruises in 2017.

My understanding is on sailings that HAL needs help with selling they have added Explore4 on select sailings for the Europe market only to get a push on sales. HAL is not having problems selling their Europe sailings to the North American Market, it is their Europe market sales that is considerably down this year. I am sure things that have happened in the last few days will also contribute to this.

• 4 weeks later...
Explore 4 is back on the TA sites, but I did not see it in the HAL site yet. The 7 day cruise I have booked increased $804 per person for our balcony cabin category. I think we will pass!

If you are flexible on your cruise dates and routes, check out other sailings. I have found that some cruises have not gone up much with Explore4 added, but others have increased quite a bit.

My friend just rebooked his March, 2017 Caribbean cruise to one three days earlier and saved a bunch of money and got Explore4 added as well.