MDR assignment solo question

morechances

I have booked traditional dining on the Constellation next month. I am travelling solo. Can someone please tell me how tables get assigned? I did not see any option for table size when I booked. Did I miss something? Or do I find out what I get only as I am sitting down?

Clark

When I book traditional dining, I always tell my travel agent what size table I want and she performs some magic and that's what I get. No clue what happens if you do your own booking.

You can see the maitre d' when you board to request a change if you don't like what you get.

I also travel solo, and have generally been put at a table for 8. Your table assignment will be in your cabin, and you can go down to the dining room to check it out on embarkation day. The Maitre d' will be in the MDR all that afternoon, so if you would like any changes, he/she will try to accommodate it. But be aware, there are usually quite a few people there, so you may wait a bit.

Also, if after the first night, you decide you would prefer to switch tables for some reason, again, just see the maitre d'. They're very helpful :)

Thanks everyone. My first solo cruise. And my first time using traditional seating. I have done select in the past when traveling with other people. I am thinking that travelling solo is better with traditional

I have booked traditional dining on the Constellation next month. I am travelling solo. Can someone please tell me how tables get assigned? I did not see any option for table size when I booked. Did I miss something? Or do I find out what I get only as I am sitting down?

Clark

You will find out when you board and if you don't like it see the matre d of eat in the buffet.

Clark

you will almost certainly be assigned a larger table(6-8 ) of other singles or couples without kids. the age range might be close to yours, or it could run across generations.

I thought so at first too, but I'm glad I switched to Select. Met a few with traditional dining who said it was 2+hours to dine. Only once did I wait to be seated and even then after I opted to dine alone, I was seated next to another 2 top where we all basically dined together. Good luck with your table mates and know you can be just as lucky dining select :)

As a SOLO traveler I always get Select dining - that way I get seated with different people every night. On my first SOLO cruise, I got seated with a couple and 3 single ladies, and I become good friends with one of them and now we have been taking cruises together.

Thanks everyone. My first solo cruise. And my first time using traditional seating. I have done select in the past when traveling with other people. I am thinking that travelling solo is better with traditional

You are definitely right about that! Nothing is more annoying than having Select Dining when you're a solo and having to explain why you're traveling alone and answer the barrage of questions with new groups of people every single night. I've gotten some pretty odd looks from people, especially the women: blank stares, disgusted looks, confused looks, jealous looks, you name it. It's so much easier to explain it to one table just one time and get it over with so you can enjoy talking about more interesting things. ;)

• 1 year later...
You are definitely right about that! Nothing is more annoying than having Select Dining when you're a solo and having to explain why you're traveling alone and answer the barrage of questions with new groups of people every single night. I've gotten some pretty odd looks from people, especially the women: blank stares, disgusted looks, confused looks, jealous looks, you name it. It's so much easier to explain it to one table just one time and get it over with so you can enjoy talking about more interesting things. ;)

I have travelled solo once before and will be again on my upcoming 14 night Southern cruise. I always choose traditional dining at a table for 8. Had a great time on my last cruise, went to all the shows with 4 of my tablemates. One couple invited me to their suite for drinks afterward. I am expecting to have as good a time or better on my 14 nighter. People are on vacation so generally speaking everyone is in a good mood.😀

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I always prefer Select dining - like to meet different people every evening.

WOW! Never had happened to me.