Is it worth it to do Atlantis Aquaventure on short Nassau day?

My kids are desperate to go to Atlantis and go to the waterpark. We are only in Nassau from 7am-2pm. Pools and beaches open at 9 and slides open at 10. The Allure is one of only 2 cruise ships in port that day. Is it worth it for the short amount of time?

Only you can determine if it's "worth it" to you.

All aboard will be 1:30pm, so I'd be leaving Atlantis around 1pm.

Understood, but I'm hoping to hear from some who have done this before and what their thoughts are.

Edited by sammydent

This is probably the one thing that many cruiser's on board may want to do especially those with children...but with the short ports times RCI ships offer not really worth it.

My kids are desperate to go to Atlantis and go to the waterpark. We are only in Nassau from 7am-2pm. Pools and beaches open at 9 and slides open at 10. The Allure is one of only 2 cruise ships in port that day. Is it worth it for the short amount of time?

We did it last year on a short port day, one of our 10yr old sons was desperate to go there. I think we had an 8-4 day. I would not spend the money to go through the cruise ship rates. If you book the Comfort Suites next door you get full access to Atlantis. The rate is nearly less than buying through the ship. You get right off the ship when it docks, take a cab to the hotel, "check in" only to get the wrist bands to get into Atlantis then walk down the sidewalk to the Atlantis. It saved a ton of $, each comfort suites room gives you 4 wristbands to Atlantis. It is a bit of walking through the comfort suites and then through Atlantis but if you go first thing you will still be in before everything opens. There is a inflatable water area that you have to prebook that we didnt know about and one of the boys was pretty upset we couldnt use it.

All that being said the boys enjoyed their time there, it was extremely crowded, there were waits for the larger slides, the dig was very interesting, dont cut time short getting back as traffic and just getting a cab to get back is time consuming and they make you wait til the little bus is full, food wasnt too expensive, there were multiple areas to hang out....would we do it again, probably not because it was so compact but I wouldnt spend the $ to stay at Atlantis, it is too costly but would consider spending a couple of days at the Comfort Suites and using Atlantis if that is something you wanted to consider. Look online at Comfort Suites and see what kind of rate you can get and they offer AAA and other discounted rates.

Not worth the cost...Kids need to learn "desperation" is a fleeting emotion. You will be paying a premium price for a less than premium experience.

There are so many waterparks...I'm sure you can find one that will give you more value for your dollar.

Just wondered what dates your cruise was. Like the fact that you said there were only 2 ships in port and hoping it's the same cruise dates we have. :)

Allure, July 3-10. We are in Nassau on July 4. :)

Just wondered what dates your cruise was. Like the fact that you said there were only 2 ships in port and hoping it's the same cruise dates we have. :)

Redwing, you can find out which ships are in port with you on several websites:

http://www.cruisett.com

http://www.cruisetimetables.com

http://www.cruisecal.com

http://www.cruiseportschedules.com