Scenic " France " European River Cruises 2017

Good Morning One and All,

Well it has been awhile since I last posted and have been hoping that possibly some of you out there that are still lurking or some of you that have already booked may have seen this thread and joined in, but as of yet no luck.

Yes it is hard in sometimes making contact as these ships are a lot smaller than that of Ocean Going cruises and just sad to say that not everyone knows about Cruise Critic.

I have also posted in the area of The Australian and New Zealand Cruisers section of Cruise Critic with the hopes that seeing Scenic is an Australian Company most of the passengers will more than likely be Aussies and or Kiwi's.

We are Lisa and Gary from Sugar Land,Texas and this is going to be our second cruise with Scenic. Last year in September we did The Jewels of Europe on The Jasper from Amsterdam to Budapest and just simply had a FUNTASTIC time. We met some great and wonderful folks while on this trip in fact we have a couple that was in the next Royal Panorama Suite from Ontario and they shall be also joining us on this The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo cruise that departs on September 24 ,2017.

We are going to be cruising on The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire for 2017 with the addition of adding a Vitality Pool, a new and innovative area called The Culinaire, and also the addition of a new cabin category for some of their ships called The Royal Owners Suites of which we gave up our Royal Panorama Suite to try and make the comparisons to see which we like for future cruises.We are also booked with Scenic on the currently under construction Eclipse for a cruise in October of 2018, called Cuba in Depth..

Hoping to make contact with some fellow passengers that are on our cruise and share in possibly planning of a Meet and Greet while in Paris. Thinking of Le Grand Colbert restaurant as is quite famous and is within walking distance of the hotel Marriott Opera Ambassador.

Wishing All The Very Best

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon to One and All,

Well it has been awhile since I last posted on this thread in hope of possibly finding some of you folks out there that may possibly be coming and joining us for this yet to be Funtastic cruise, The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo September 24,2017.

We are Lisa and Gary, LoneStarCruisinCouple from Sugar Land,Texas where Life is just a Little bit Sweeter and we also have some very dear friends that we met on Scenic Jewels of Europe last September 2015 on The Jasper that shall be coming and joining us as well. They are Faye and Ralph from Ontario Canada..

Up to this point seems to be that we just may have this entire ship to ourselves but know that isn't so as there are a lot of cabin categories that are totally sold out.

Looking forward to sailing on The Sapphire which was built back in 2008 but is going to be completely redesigned for the 2017 cruising season and have a lot of new and innovative things added to make this ship even more Luxurious and Comfortable

With the addition of The Vitality Pool and something that is only going to be offered on some of the France cruising Ships is an area called The Culinaire. Where those of us that wish to sharpen our Cooking skills can go and learn from some of the best French Chefs and also shall have an opportunity to sample and taste and also get to learn that of wine pairings as well. Ooo Lala!!

There is also going to be an addition of a new cruising category but again only on The Diamond ,Emerald, and Sapphire ships and that is the addition of what is called The Royal Owners Suites of which we are looking forward to as Lisa and I were called by Scenic as to see if we wanted to Upgrade from our Royal Panorama Suite to one of these new Suites and was a hard choice to make as we had been before in a Panorama Suite but never in an Owners Suite and there were no pictures but we decided and said yes ,so we shall see for ourselves and make some comparisons.

Anyways I just wanted to say come and join the four of us for another Fun Filled Fun Packed Cruising Adventure as we set out once again September 24 - October 10,2017. Loungin" Laughin"and enjoying all those mighty Fine Tasting French Libations.

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=LoneStarCruisinCouple&date=9-16-2017&text=All%20For%20Fun%20and%20Fun%20For%20All%20%20Loungin,%20Laughin,%20n%20Libations&ship=Scenic%20Sapphire

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy and Good Morning One and All,

Well looks to be that we are just about right at a year from now and we shall be on our way over to Paris and this to be yet another Funtastic Scenic Cruising Adventure filled with Loungin" Laughin" and oh yes don't forget All Those Tasty Libations.

Have seen lots of hits on the thread here but yet as to make any sort of contact with anyone that may possibly be joining us on " The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 on The Sapphire.

Was just going to say that this coming year there is going to be yet another new Scenic Enrich for this cruise in Lyon called The Scenic Rouge and if one should go to YouTube and type in Scenic Rouge you can look at a sort video of what we all are looking forward to seeing under The Big Top along The River. From what I have seen looks to be another Big Hit for Scenic.

Yes I know it is a long shot on my part in hoping to make any sort of contact with fellow passengers on this particular cruise, but there is always that chance. Would be nice in sharing any ideas and or in possibly setting up a Meet and Greet prior to the cruise in Paris.

There happens to be a very good restaurant that is close to the Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel where we all are going to be spending the evening of the 24, called Le Grand Colbert and would be a nice place to possibly gather and share in not only a very good meal but also have a chance as to mingle and get to know one another.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi from Lisa and myself Gary ( LoneStarCruisinCouple ) from Sugar Land,Texas where life is just a Little Sweeter.

All For Fun and Fun For All

Loungin" Laughin" n "Libations"

Wishing All A Wonderful Weekend

Howdy and Good Morning One and All,

For those of you that may possibly be cruising in France next year and booked on The Diamond,Emerald and or Sapphire Scenic has a new brochure out called "The Captivating Wonders of France".

Has pictures of the newly redesigned area called the Culinaire and does it ever look to be a Big Hit for Scenic and also for those of you that just might be lucky enough as to be booked into one of The new Royal Owners Suites there is also a picture of at least your Living Room.

Yes Lisa and I are going to be seeing what these new suites have to offer over and beyond The Royal Panorama Suites as we gave up our Panorama Suite when Scenic called to see if we wanted to Upgrade.

Gives a lot of information regarding the various cruises and also gives some helpful info as to the Various ports and sights that may be of some interest to us all.

Can't wait as have already been doing lots of planning and we shall be flying over on September the 18,2017 as to have several days ahead of our cruise on the 24 to do some Exploring and Sight Seeing of Paris.

Still hoping to possibly make contact with some of you folks out there that maybe joining us on this cruise.

Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) With Paris and Monte Carlo September 24,2017 on The Scenic Sapphire.

We are in cabin 312.

Warmest Wishes To One and All!

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

France-Mini-Brochure.jpg

Howdy and Good Afternoon All,

Has been a busy morning with first Scenic Flight Department calling and we are now set for our flights for September and October for our Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo.

Shall be flying non stop from Houston To Paris Charles De Gaul on Air France September 18 and from Nice to Paris with a slight layover and then non stop back into Houston on October 10,2017

Have also gotten our Hotel reservations taken care of in Paris at The Marriott Opera Ambassador and shall be staying there from the 19 and checking out on the 25 for our ride on the TGV down to Dijon and then onto Chalon- Sur- Saone and The Sapphire.

Seems to be that all so far is going accordingly and looking forward to yet another Scenic Funtastic Cruising Adventure that is going to be filled with Loungin" Laughin" and Lots of Tasty Libations

Wishing All Smooth Sailings Filled With Laughter and Fun

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

G'day again Lisa and Gary, already packed one year off? Crikey, we go in 3 weeks, better start packing.

Edited by NSWP

Very early, but as you are such a fashionista, it is best for you to pack last minute so as to include all the latest clothes.:D

Good advice Mic, I can visit Lowes at Batemans Bay, the night before I leave for the airport, pick up the latest designs from China. Perhaps another $99 bag of fruit to wear. I will select the 'Big Mans' range, in case the Horizon Court attacks me. lol.

Good advice Mic, I can visit Lowes at Batemans Bay, the night before I leave for the airport, pick up the latest designs from China. Perhaps another $99 bag of fruit to wear. I will select the 'Big Mans' range, in case the Horizon Court attacks me. lol.

I make sure the trousers have the hidden elastic in the waist on both sides, so that they can expand that extra couple of sizes if needed.;)

Unfortunately it's always the big mans range for moi.

But it's not a bad range.

You Guys I swear, we all need to go on a cruise together as I think that I would never stop Laughing..

Have a FUNTASTIC CRUISE!!

An Aussie CC cruise seems to get bought up every few months.

Not sure how practical it'd be.

One dear lady was desperate for one at one point simply so she could hug Mrs Gut and say "We are all so sorry"

Not sure what she was sorry for, but hey....

Edited by GUT2407

An Aussie CC cruise seems to get bought up every few months.

Not sure how practical it'd be.

One dear lady was desperate for one at one point simply so she could hug Mrs Gut and say "We are all so sorry"

Not sure what she was sorry for, but hey....

Perhaps they are sorry for taking so long to meet Mrs Gut or for hugging too hard?

I make sure the trousers have the hidden elastic in the waist on both sides, so that they can expand that extra couple of sizes if needed.;)

They sure do have the 'expandable waist', Mic, produced in China especially for Australian Cruisers. lol. Best thing since sliced bread.

Anyway back to the topic, yes a world cruise starring Lone Star Cruising Couple (Lisa and Gary) and Mrs and Mrs,(wonder Women) as the main players, the rest of us merely extras. lol. More than a few 'frothies' will be consumed.

Edited by NSWP

They sure do have the 'expandable waist', Mic, produced in China especially for Australian Cruisers. lol. Best thing since sliced bread.

Anyway back to the topic, yes a world cruise starring Lone Star Cruising Couple (Lisa and Gary) and Mrs and Mrs,(wonder Women) as the main players, the rest of us merely extras. lol. More than a few 'frothies' will be consumed.

By most of us anyway, Gut doesn't partake of the frothies' but will have his own version in hand.

By most of us anyway, Gut doesn't partake of the frothies' but will have his own version in hand.

If you whack a bit of rum into a glass of ice cold Coke - The real thing, you get a bit of froth up. Almost no froth with the cider though, which does not make me happy these days.

If you whack a bit of rum into a glass of ice cold Coke - The real thing, you get a bit of froth up. Almost no froth with the cider though, which does not make me happy these days.

Not even that for Gut, just the ICE and COKE, he is that sort of druggie.:p