Scenic " France " European River Cruises 2017

Just wanted to check back in and again possibly see if we have had any of our fellow passengers to post on our thread here on Cruise Critic.

Yes I know like most it is a long shot with the boats limited to the number of passengers,but just never know as Cruise Critic has a huge following.

Was just checking a moment ago and our ship for our sailing September 24,2017 Spectacular South Of France with Paris and Monte Carlo on The Sapphire is getting close to being fully booked.

We shall have a boat load of folks to mix and mingle with and get to know over a Cocktail or a Glass Of Wine as we enjoy another FUNTASTIC CRUISIN ADVENTURE with Scenic.

Yes the cruise is always Spectacular with Scenic and with the new addition of The Rouge in Lyon and with The Sapphire being redesigned with The addition of The Vitality Pool and The Innovative Culinaire and the addition of the new category of cabins it is even going to be better than before.

So sending out a Great Big Howdy There Folks from Lisa and Gary ( LoneStarCruisinCouple ) cabin312 to come and join us for a Fun Filled Fun Packed Cruising Adventure as we discover The South Of France and The Great and Wonderful Tasting Wines that we all shall enjoy together.

Fun For All and All For Fun

Loungin" Laughin" and Libations" __________________

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=LoneStarCruisinCouple&date=9-16-2017&text=All%20For%20Fun%20and%20Fun%20For%20All%20%22%20Loungin,%20Laughin,%20n%20Libations%22&ship=Scenic%20Sapphire

Edited by LoneStarCruisinCouple

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy and Good Morning Once Again,

Just stopping back by to see if we may have had any of you folks out there that may possibly be joining Lisa and myself, along with our friends from Canada Faye and Ralph on this to be Funtastic Scenic cruisin Adventure. " The Spectacular South Of France with Paris and Monte Carlo " sailing September 24th,2017.

Looking to see if we may have anyone that maybe interested in using some of their E Bikes and doing a little peddling along the Rhone.

Including a link as to give you folks some sort of an idea. Don't get me wrong as I am 66 so will be taking it nice and easy along with taking a few photos here and there along the way.

Also was going to say at present Scenic has some Mini Brochures one of which is The Captivating Wonders of France and has some rather good information along with some photos of The Brand New Culinaire and also The Royal Owners Suite of which we are in Cabin 312.

Saying a Big Hello to all our other fellow passengers as the ship is close to being fully booked. Hoping that some of you may come and join in on our thread here.

Smooth Sailings

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

• 4 weeks later...

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Well I am hoping that this posting may possibly be seen by some of you out there that are going to be cruising with us on The Scenic Sapphire September 24,2017 The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo.

I have been hoping to make contact with some of you as seeing that we all shall be staying in The Marriott The evening of the 24, figured that just possibly some of you may be flying in ahead and taking some time to do some Sight Seeing in Paris.

Anyway I am trying to put together a sort of Meet and Greet with those of you that are flying in early and staying at the Marriott and at present planning on the evening of the 22 to see if any of you may like to gather at a restaurant called Le Grand Colbert. Have heard great reviews and fairly close to the hotel. Also if any of you may want to join Lisa and myself along with Faye and Ralph our friends from Canada we are going to be doing a Dinner Floor Show at The Moulin Rouge the evening of the 23.

Lisa and I are going to be flying over and arriving into Paris on the 19 and shall be staying at the Marriott Hotel and doing some Sight Seeing and trying out a little of this and a little of that. With plans at present to have dinner one evening at The Top of The Eiffel Tower at Le Jules Verne and also do a Dinner cruise down the Seine one evening.

Give us a shout and hoping to meet some folks that are going to be joining us for This Yet To be FUNTASTIC Scenic Cruising Adventure.

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Howdy Mic.

Gary

And a Pleasant Good Morning To One and All,

Just thought that I would stop by and see if any of you folks that are Scenic Cruisers may possibly be coming and joining in on this yet to be Funtastic Cruising Adventure " The Spectacular South Of France with Paris and Monte Carlo" sailing on The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire for September 24 thru October 10,2017.

This is sure to be not only a Gastronomic Culinary Delight but also looks to be a Wine Lovers true Delight.

So hoping that some of you that are still out there and Lurking may finally decide to join in and come and join Lisa and Myself along with some of our friends from Ontario, Canada Faye and Ralph as we sail down The Saone and Rhone rivers and discover together The endless beauty of Southern France.

Certainly hoping that some of you maybe flying in early as I am trying to put together a Meet and Greet for the evening of the 22 at Le Grand Colbert Restaurant and for those of you that feel like joining us for a Dinner Show at The Moulin Rouge on the 23.

We are in cabin 312 and Lisa and I are looking forward in meeting one and all.

All I can say at this point is that it is going to be Fun for All and All for Fun Loungin, Laughin, and enjoying some mighty Fine Tastin Libations.

So hoping that those of you Aussies and Kiwis that are on this cruise will come and join in and lets join together on making this a Truly Memorable Cruise for all.

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

Howdy There Mic and Canal Archive

G' Day Mic and All Of our Aussie and Kiwi Cruisin Friends,

This Is Lisa and Gary,better known as LoneStarCruisinCouple and we just wanted to Wish All Of You A Very Merry Christmas with Family and Friends.

Some may think why is this Texan Wishing us A Merry Christmas. Well

My Mother was Australian and myself I grew up a lot of my younger days in Melbourne and my Mom and Dads Wedding Photos hang in The National Archives there in Canberra,as my Mom was an entertainer with her two sisters called The Donald Sisters and my Dad well he was a Cowboy from West Texas and on R and R and they fell in love and were married in Saint Patrick Cathedral.

So yes I have very strong ties with what I think are some of The Nicest Folks that there is All Of You Aussies and Kiwis.

So looking forward to sharing in another cruise on The Scenic Sapphire September 24 - October 10,2017 with a bunch of you.

May Santa make All Your Wishes For A Very Merry Christmas Come True.

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

texas-christmas-card-robert-anschutz.jpg

Wasn't me :) Where was it moved from? [i'd like to know, before I have to remove these posts that question board management ;)]

From the Aussie/NZ forum to river cruising. I know it has to do with a River cruise but as they are trying to encourage Aussies to join their particular cruise, it sort of fits well there.

I priced a river cruise this morning that tours the Wine region and finishing in the South of France. 14 days? And saw the price of $12,000 approx. thought that looked nice so went to the next step. It was $12,000 per person. Now I know it was all inclusive drinks and excursions but I just cannot enjoy myself paying that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I consider the price as once in a lifetime cruise, and yes that price sounds a bit expensive.

Merry Christmas to all and all the best in the New Year.

Marlster

$9000 quoted by Lonestar would be USD, add 25%, so around AU11250. Out of my league. But I have seen the 14 day Amsterdam -Budapest ones offered by Scenic/Apt for $7000 in the shoulder season, that is a waterline cabin, no balcony.

We are doing the Amsterdam to Budapest with Scenic next May/2017 and we paid approx. $9,000.00 pp in Canadian Funds with also free air. If you wait too long to book the air is no longer free, my Brother looked into the same cruise a few months after us and no free air.

Marlster