Confused about FLL hotels

Engrvrgal

I have been researching hotels for our pre-cruise stay in FLL next April. I read threads here and have been looking at reviews. I would like to stay under $200 for the night, and would require airport shuttle and transport to the port the following morning.

Everytime I think I find a good hotel, I read some bad reviews. I am turning to my fellow cruise critic members for suggestions . You have never let me down before!!

I have looked at Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western Airport/Cruiseport and Ramada Airport/cruiseport.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

thank you. That one is at the top of the list. There is actually a cheaper price of $159 on the Hyatt website. I think it is a great price for a Hyatt.

There's more than one Hyatt...in/near Fort Lauderdale...this makes a difference...so double check location ;)

Every hotel (cruise, restaurant, airline...fill in the blank) will have some bad reviews. It is unavoidable.

If you read the reviews, what is the overall average score? What does the main complaint seem to be? Or is it just a bunch of whining?

Summary, take the reviews with a large dose of salt. It is easy to complain...

Have you done a search on this forum for each of the hotels? As an avid reader of the Florida Departures board, I'm guessing that the hotels will be ranked in the order you listed them but do a search and find out why.

And as Ashland said, make sure it is the Hyatt 17th Street Convention Center (actually on SE 10th Avenue) you are comparing.

Edited by capriccio

First of all do not feel confused.

The first time we were looking for a hotel here we read all the reviews, and did some price searching.

Now since everyone has their own taste and price range that was a major consideration for our booking.

We actually started looking when we book our cruise.

The first time we booked the Embassy suites and got a price of $139, that is before all the taxes.

Now 5 years later we go a price of $179 booked it last September for this cruise in August. Yup almost 11 months out.

Yea it is not ocean front

Yea it is an older hotel

But we love it ---it meets our needs.

Walking distance to stores and dining places.

Nice pool

Free evening cocktails.

Awesome breakfast.

a small work-out room with some exercise equip.

Offered shuttle for $$ we used it once or can take a cab.

So see what you want and go from their.

Now some would never stay here because its older, us on the other hand would never pay $$$$$ ocean front for a one nighter.

Good luck.

of $139, that is before all the taxes.

Now 5 years later we go a price of $179 booked it last September for this cruise in August. Yup almost 11 months out.

Yea it is not ocean front

Yea it is an older hotel

But we love it ---it meets our needs.

Keep checking as your dates get closer. You should be able to find it for much cheaper. August is our hot, steamy off season.

thank you. That one is at the top of the list. There is actually a cheaper price of $159 on the Hyatt website. I think it is a great price for a Hyatt.

That rate sounds really low for April. Make sure this is the Hyatt Place on 10th. ( convention center).

I bet you are looking at the one nearer the airport. Thus the low rate.

Edited by eandj

Keep checking as your dates get closer. You should be able to find it for much cheaper. August is our hot, steamy off season.

The first time we booked the Embassy suites and got a price of $139, that is before all the taxes.

Now some would never stay here because its older, us on the other hand would never pay $$$$$ ocean front for a one nighter.

Good luck.

I hate to quote myself because that is just so a$$holey but I just checked your dates from your sig line and the rate is down to $127 a night.

I'd book that and cancel your original.

That's enough for happy hour for two at Duffys! Drinks and dinner!

I hate to quote myself because that is just so a$$holey but I just checked your dates from your sig line and the rate is down to $127 a night.

I'd book that and cancel your original.

That's enough for happy hour for two at Duffys! Drinks and dinner!

OMG

Your the best on it now!!!!!!!!

thanks

I have stayed at the Hyatt House prior to our cruise back in 2013. Hyatt hotels are always nice, plus you get a free breakfast. We are trying the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street this time around. Ill let you know how the stay is.

Hyatt is a little further than Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. Both offer free shuttles from the airport but charge for shuttles to the port. Since Holiday Inn is closer shuttles are cheaper. We always take a taxisince you dont have to wait for other passengers.

Don't mix up your Hyatt's. Location Location I believe this is the one you would want. :)

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm#Today's Super Value rates

That was exactly my point too....and if you use the Hyatt shuttle from FLL to get to the hotel...don't get on the wrong one...ask the driver to be sure ;)