The best thing slipping $10 has gotten you onboard?

LMaxwell

What's the best little unplanned happy bonus slipping someone a $10 spot has resulted in on your trips?

We've never done this ahead of time.

When we sailed on the Spirit a couple of times, we did tip the Sushi guy $20 bucks at the end of the cruise. We went there a lot and he was just so nice and pretty much gave us whatever we wanted.

There was this woman from Atlanta. For $10 she gave me something I never had before. It took $300 worth of antibiotics to get rid of it. :eek:

Take care,

Mike

that was because you dipped more than your tip!

But seriously, are we talking tips or BRIBES?!

Edited by Adidas4fun

Have never given cash to a crew member in advance of service. Never felt the need to. We generally do give a cash gratuity to our dining team and cabin steward at the end of the cruise in addition to the gratuities charged by the cruise line.

We usually leave $10 dollars by our soft sided cooler and ask the

room steward to keep it full for us.

Then another at the end if he kept it full.

You know you can ask him without slipping him anything and get the same results, right?

I've been giving something extra to the room stewards up front since my second cruise and to me it seems my cabin is well kept, always have ice and they seem to be a little happier. And have given a few bartenders some bucks in advance. Helps when the bar is packed, some times I'll be served quicker.

I've been giving something extra to the room stewards up front since my second cruise and to me it seems my cabin is well kept, always have ice and they seem to be a little happier.

We say please and thank you to our room steward and get the same results and tip him accordingly at the end of the cruise.

$10 got me boarded with a wedding party....another $10 got me past the locked doors to my room, the last $10 got me my luggage....in my room, unpacked and on the Lido by 11:30 am....like having FTTF on steroids for $30....WINNING!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

$10 got me boarded with a wedding party....another $10 got me past the locked doors to my room, the last $10 got me my luggage....in my room, unpacked and on the Lido by 11:30 am....like having FTTF on steroids for $30....WINNING!!!!

There are no locked doors to the rooms.

You can walk directly to them after boarding and no one will stop you.

Just curious who you gave $10 to to get your luggage. That sounds like a fantasy.

You know you can ask him without slipping him anything and get the same results, right?

Yes and i'm sure they would be happy to do it.

But since i'm asking him to go beyond his regular duty's I feel

a little something extra would be nice

To whom would one slip an extra $10 to get luggage delivered quicker? Calling foul on that one.

Stewards have kept our rooms spotless and ice buckets/coolers filled without any incentive offered beforehand. Pretty standard request, not exactly outside the norm. A little extra at the end of the cruise is standard for us.

What's the best little unplanned happy bonus slipping someone a $10 spot has resulted in on your trips?

I didn't have to wait for a drink, he saw me coming to the bar that was 5 deep and handed me my beer over the waiting crowd.

When I get the beverage package I add a $1.00 in addition to the auto 15% - trust me they will know who you are..

There are no locked doors to the rooms.

You can walk directly to them after boarding and no one will stop you.

Just curious who you gave $10 to to get your luggage. That sounds like a fantasy.

you would be surprised how resourceful your room steward can be for a $10 and a picture of your luggage ;)

Edited by First and Ten