Performance of CCL stock….

JudithLynne

Don't forget the dividends that this stock has been paying over those years of ownership. CCL has been a very good performing stock. [RCL has performed even better, but I have yet to find anyone who actually collected on their shareholder cruise benefit!]

I have not forgotten them. Even at the current rate, which is higher then for most of the period since they purchase in 2008, The dividends would only have totaled a few hundred dollars and certainly Not make up the difference. I actually worked the current interest rate compounded over the 7 year period into the calculation to get to an upper limit $3100 figure. Increase in value of 100 shares from 19 in 2008 until today's price of 44.86 would have only been 2586 without dividends

Edited by RDC1

Thank you LeeW for reminding me of this. It was on my list when I talked to the Fidelity representative and she listed the stock as reinvesting dividends, etc. with no tax liability until withdrawal. She also told me that at the time of mandatory withdrawal that monthly payments are taken from mutual funds first before stock holdings. I felt that I was in good hands. I have been with Fidelity for 25 years and have had consistent excellent service.

Judith

That is only if you allow Fidelity to decide what to liquidate for the mandatory withdrawal. You can select exactly what holdings should be sold to provide the withdrawal $$$.

On 100 shares you get $35.00 not enough for a share. As long as there over $35 a share.

I cannot speak for CCL but other drips that I am party to actually issue partial shares based on the drip amount.

I cannot speak for CCL but other drips that I am party to actually issue partial shares based on the drip amount.

I just checked with with my brokerage which is TD Waterhouse in Canada, they don't issue partial shares. Any dividend money buys full shares and any cash left over goes into account.

I just checked with with my brokerage which is TD Waterhouse in Canada, they don't issue partial shares. Any dividend money buys full shares and any cash left over goes into account.

The procedure in the US is different because my dividend purchases a partial share of CCL.

My brokerage account (Schwab) does convert dividends into partial shares down to 4 decimal points.

With CapitalOne Investing (formerly ING ShareBuilder) partial shares are added to the account from dividends. (That is why with the most recent dividend I received X.7746 added shares.)

So if you are not getting partial shares, it must be the policy of your brokerage company.

Once the shares in my account when over the dividend amount I stopped getting shares, not sure if its my brokerage TD in Canada but I have never gotten a partial share.

Maybe you need to change brokerages. My broker is USAA and I always get my full dividends in stock, partial shares or not!

Tom