Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

It's $2.99 per 12 pack of 1/2 liters; therefore, approximately $12.00 for 24 one-liter equivalent. ;)

Perhaps I used the wrong words. I wanted the price for a case (24) of 1-liter bottles...not merely an equivalent. Do they not allow the purchase of 24 1-Liter bottles?

I found this interesting...

"Old ships carried water in wooden casks.

But there's a problem with fresh water, it stagnates easily.

Wine, on the other hand, because it had a sufficient concentration of ethanol,

didn't stagnate and could be preserved for much longer after the cask was opened

and exposed to oxygen and bacteria."

Water was kept for high ranking officers,

while wine was the primary drink for the sailors.

I guess free water will be offered as a perk in the Haven,

or if you get to dine with the Captain.:-)

Wine? - Pffft - rum fuelled the Royal Navy for years when we ruled the waves (no longer I'm afraid). The battle of Trafalgar - wine versus rum - who won that one?:D

Perhaps I used the wrong words. I wanted the price for a case (24) of 1-liter bottles...not merely an equivalent. Do they not allow the purchase of 24 1-Liter bottles?

Don't know much about the offerings other than that one. Haven't been on Carnival in years (and, overall, the water-thing wasn't an issue for me).

I'll see if I can find out if they offer any other size bottles (I could swear we had gotten 1 liter bottles aboard when we did sail with them...).

Edited - Apparently their program "Cheers" includes the 1 liter bottles that can be gotten in the restaurants. Don't know about it not in that package (and, yes, just checking because I'm curious overall).

Edited by Frick_&_Frack

The largest 1 liter package is 8 bottles for $20 - therefore 24 would cost $60.

They charge $3.75 per bottle if purchased as singles.

I never had an issue with people bringing cases of water' date=' coolers of soda on board. Lines always move quite quickly. I'm on board before noon time.[/quote']

It's all a money grab by Ncl anyway

I too never have been delayed due to water cases

It's amazing how Ncl can find ways to squeeze that extra fdr mandated revenue from the pax isn't it?

What I find interesting is what school of management teaches to be so obvious about it to the point of insulting your customer base?

They could have hidden a $100 per pax increase among lot of things and we would be none the wiser....but no...

Edited by luvtheships

The largest 1 liter package is 8 bottles for $20 - therefore 24 would cost $60.

They charge $3.75 per bottle if purchased as singles.

So at $3.75 per bottle that would be $90 per case. I guess the $60 per case is the way to go!

Do you know if that is the base price, or does it include everything (tax, gratuity, etc)?

I would also purchase bottle water on the ship if it was cheaper. And my family drinks Coke not Pepsi. Would love to be able to bring a few for our nine day cruise in November.

PLEASE reconsider your new rules!!!!

So at $3.75 per bottle that would be $90 per case. I guess the $60 per case is the way to go!

Do you know if that is the base price, or does it include everything (tax, gratuity, etc)?

$60 might be the way for you to go but I know I would much rather pay $12 and get the exact amount of water in 1/2 liter bottles.

Edited by littlelulu01

$60 might be the way for you to go but I know I would much rather pay $12 and get the exact amount of water in 1/2 liter bottles.

Well, that is a bit non-nonsensical and off-topic as we were talking about the price of an item that BOTH NCL and Carnival offer.

Sure, you'd rather pay $12 for small bottles, but I'd rather pay $9. I'd also rather just pay $400 per week for my balcony. I'd rather, I'd rather, but it really has nothing to do with what was being discussed (Cases of 1-Liter bottles, FWIW).

$60 per case on Carnival (who everyone says has great prices). How much does NCL (who everyone says is gouging) charge for the same thing??

Note: For all the folks who love to find little things to argue, "everyone" is a generalization...it does not mean 100% of the entire population. :rolleyes:

Well, that is a bit non-nonsensical and off-topic as we were talking about the price of an item that BOTH NCL and Carnival offer.

Sure, you'd rather pay $12 for small bottles, but I'd rather pay $9. I'd also rather just pay $400 per week for my balcony. I'd rather, I'd rather, but it really has nothing to do with what was being discussed (Cases of 1-Liter bottles, FWIW).

$60 per case on Carnival (who everyone says has great prices). How much does NCL (who everyone says is gouging) charge for the same thing??

Note: For all the folks who love to find little things to argue, "everyone" is a generalization...it does not mean 100% of the entire population. :rolleyes:

What's the point you are getting at? Carnival offers 1/2 liter bottles, 12 pack for $3.99. Being stuck on ordering liter bottles one by one seems like deliberately missing the point.

What's the point you are getting at? Carnival offers 1/2 liter bottles, 12 pack for $3.99. Being stuck on ordering liter bottles one by one seems like deliberately missing the point.

What? How can I miss the point if I'm the one making the point? Better reread the posts....

It is really a simple question. Both NCL and Carnival sell the same product (cases of 1-liter bottles). I'm just asking what each charges for the same thing. Comparing anything else is simply apples to oranges...let's just stick to the very simple and direct question.

Carnival charges $60...NCL charges $______? Just fill in the blank.

What? How can I miss the point if I'm the one making the point? Better reread the posts....

It is really a simple question. Both NCL and Carnival sell the same product (cases of 1-liter bottles). I'm just asking what each charges for the same thing. Comparing anything else is simply apples to oranges...let's just stick to the very simple and direct question.

Since you're discussing bottled water the only thing that matters is price per ounce (unit measure). Carnival offers 12 1/2 liters at $3.99 that's all I know. Can't quote prices on the non-value offerings; I am sure they are priced significantly higher per ounce on both lines.

If Carnival can make a profit at 33 cents per bottle (I'd guess about 20-25 cents profit per bottle) maybe the better question is why doesn't NCL do the same? Isn't competition supposed to benefit the consumer?

So yes, I think you are deliberately missing the point

Carnival can sell bottled water, at a profit, at about 2 cents per ounce. How much does NCL charge per ounce?

Edited by LMaxwell

Since you're discussing bottled water the only thing that matters is price per ounce (unit measure). Carnival offers 12 1/2 liters at $3.99 that's all I know. Can't quote prices on the non-value offerings; I am sure they are priced significantly higher per ounce on both lines.

If Carnival can make a profit at 33 cents per bottle (I'd guess about 20-25 cents profit per bottle) maybe the better question is why doesn't NCL do the same? Isn't competition supposed to benefit the consumer?

Carnival can sell bottled water, at a profit, at about 2 cents per ounce. How much does NCL charge per ounce?

Had to highlight the key point . Size of the bottles ? Just a weird juvenile game .

the point is the carnival gives you an option for 3.99 for 12 - 1/2 liter bottles which is reasonable. NCL gives no reasonable options. You can spin it if you want... heck become a top for all i care but if NCL gave that same option, a lot less people would be having an issue (AND THAT IS THE POINT). no one on the carnival board even mentions the 1 liter option. its not even worth discussing since there is a much better, affordable and palatable option

if you go to a store and see 10 loose apple for .10 but there is are apples bagged at 10 for 5.00, you would ignore the bag and bag your own for 10 for 1.00 . if another store sold that same bag of 10 for 4.00 a bag, it might be a better deal for the bag but most would STILL prefer the .10 per apple (10 for 1.00).

apples to apples is getting value. .10 per apple is a better value regardless of how its packaged. 12 1/2 liter of water is a better value on Carnival than what NCL has and charges for 1 liter.

Edited by hftmrock

agree 100%

Carnival charges $60...NCL charges $_59.95_____? Just fill in the blank.

The $59.95 + 18% gratuities & service is the same on pre-order only. Purchased on board it's $74.95 + 18%. They do sell individual 20 oz. bottles, somewhere under $3. (different prices reported).

Pffffhh. That amount of emails can be sent within office hours of one working day without any problems, let alone during several working days that have passed since the change was updated to their website.

Probably not. Companies use different email servers for different types of email. Promotional email is sent from bulk email servers, but the "transactional email" that you would use for customer notifications are sent separately, and have to be metered. Any surge in sending will get the server wait-listed by Gmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook.com etc. They already meter the amount of email they will accept from each IP address, so sending a special notice separately has to be worked into the schedule.

For people outside of the penalty I suspect they will cover themselves with the usual link to the FAQs, etc., and not send special advisory emails. They will hide behind the fact that it is the responsibility of the passenger to check the terms themselves before final payment.

People commenting on NCL's social media sites are slowly fading.

Only a handful continue to voice displeasure and disappointment.

Our hope is that NCL will take this more seriously and come up with a reasonable solution.

A few more days and the ban will be in full effect, you might suspect some upset cruisers from there on. Hopefully.

People commenting on NCL's social media sites are slowly fading.

Only a handful continue to voice displeasure and disappointment.

Our hope is that NCL will take this more seriously and come up with a reasonable solution.

They're deleting posts on that page left and right and flooding it with happy selfies.