Dragon Lady and Angelos

I thought there was a charge for both of them on all ships in that they are specialty restaurants.

No. On the Pacific Aria they we were surprised but booked them and enjoyed it

Do not know how long it will continue that is why I asked about the pacific Jewel

Recently on Pacific Aria these two restaurants were free

Is there a charge for them on the Pacific Jewel please?

They are still free on the Eden, and very good as well. Difficult to book, but sometimes one could get in late. K

They don't have either of those restaurants on the Jewel yet. There is a surcharge for Luna (which is the Asian fusion restaurant on Jewel), and it's well worth it. Currently both Dragon Lady and Angelo's are free of charge on Aria and Eden.

I thought you were talking about Mrs Gut at first.

I had a similar thought - NOT about Mrs Gut.

My BIL's name is Angelo & he often refers to my sister (his wife) as the dragon lady. We are booked to cruise with them in Dec, and I thought they were sending me a message:)

Anyone know if they are free on the Aria? Do they tell you before you sail, or when you are on board and make a booking?

Yes - they were free on the Aria last week... my sister was onboard and she only knew about it from me, so its safe to say they don't tell you in advance. All promotion materials refer to them as a pay restaurant.

And a word of warning... take a jacket! It's freezing in that part of the ship.

Yes - they were free on the Aria last week...

Thanks for that info - hopefully still free for our cruise on the 29th July. And yes I'll be taking a coat - been caught out before too many times.

Yes - they were free on the Aria last week... my sister was onboard and she only knew about it from me, so its safe to say they don't tell you in advance. All promotion materials refer to them as a pay restaurant.

I am hoping that they remain free for some time to come.:D

I am hoping that they remain free for some time to come.:D

Just read the latest review on the Aria by sunlover27. Quality is still very ordinary, so probably will remain free for a while longer.

Just read the latest review on the Aria by sunlover27. Quality is still very ordinary, so probably will remain free for a while longer.

That's subjective. I sailed Aria a couple of months back and thought they were really good on the food side, better than many other speciality restaurants on other lines. Way above Pantry, which sunlover loved.

I checked earlier reviews and others in the past couple of months e.g. JulienRob, harrrg, rob1950, verne1956, toriayl, cruisingislyf all rated the speciality restaurants better or equal to the others as well. Sunlover was the only one saying those two were worse.

It sounds like sunlover just had an individual bad experience which happens everywhere.

That's subjective. I sailed Aria a couple of months back and thought they were really good on the food side, better than many other speciality restaurants on other lines. Way above Pantry, which sunlover loved.

I checked earlier reviews and others in the past couple of months e.g. JulienRob, harrrg, rob1950, verne1956, toriayl, cruisingislyf all rated the speciality restaurants better or equal to the others as well. Sunlover was the only one saying those two were worse.

It sounds like sunlover just had an individual bad experience which happens everywhere.

Cheers, that makes me feel better. Food quality can be a very subjective matter.D

I hope they stay free. I had heard they were free on eden and aria because the mdr is very small. Is that right or just a myth?

Can you make all your bookings in the first day or do you need to go back each morning? And what about early dinner on mdr?hoping it is easy to book as the kids aren't as good at waiting patiently for food as I might like them to be.

I hope they stay free. I had heard they were free on eden and aria because the mdr is very small. Is that right or just a myth?

Can you make all your bookings in the first day or do you need to go back each morning? And what about early dinner on mdr?hoping it is easy to book as the kids aren't as good at waiting patiently for food as I might like them to be.

You cannot book until the morning of the day you want to dine starting at 8.30 the desk outside the two restaurants will be taking bookings. You can try the telephone but they may not answer it if they are busy.

They also like to get you to share a table if you are just a couple which can be entertaining

We enjoyed the food in both restaurants on the Aria

• 6 months later...

I was told on the Eden that when they did the refit for Eden and Aria, the Waterfront restaurant was too small to accommodate everyone and that Angelo's and Dragon Lady will remain at no charge. Will be on Aria in March so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the first cruise on Eden and from memory the first night there was a charge ( maybe 2 nights) but then was free from then on. And folks got their money back who had paid, so they have been free for over a year. I really enjoyed Dragon Lady and ate there a few nights at a table by myself on the 3 cruises I have been on her. Went to Angelos as well once each cruise but preferred Dragon Lady. I also liked The Pantry .....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Thorpe

Wagtail When we were on the Eden last March there was no booking for the MDR. You simply went along and if there was no space you were given a beeper which let you know when a table was available. Maybe a 15 min wait. Only happened the first night, the rest of the time we just went in straight away. MDR never seemed to be fully occupied, at least not early (6pm).

I too think that the MDR is small compared to the Jewel and Angelo's and Dragon lady are alternative places to dine. The pantry is rather compact as well although the Eden only takes 1,500 guests compared to 1,980 on the Jewel.

I was told on the Eden that when they did the refit for Eden and Aria, the Waterfront restaurant was too small to accommodate everyone and that Angelo's and Dragon Lady will remain at no charge. Will be on Aria in March so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Aria those restaurants for free when we were on her, but booking a table was near impossible.

The Aria those restaurants for free when we were on her, but booking a table was near impossible.

We mostly had dinner at Angelo's on Aria, preferred it to the MDR.

There was rarely any trouble booking. You only had to get to the desk out front of the two restaurants within a hour of so of it opening at (I think) 8am.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

We mostly had dinner at Angelo's on Aria, preferred it to the MDR.

There was rarely any trouble booking. You only had to get to the desk out front of the two restaurants within a hour of so of it opening at (I think) 8am.

I was on the inaugural cruise and found it a bit more difficult, glad they have that sorted.:D