Work out clothes

Nanookz

I was wondering the same. I was hoping to do a little running (is there an outside track on the Breakaway?) but didn't want to have to pay for laundry service. I'm afraid stuff wouldn't wash or dry well if I did it myself.

My DH and I are both runners and workout while on cruises. We take a small packet of Tide along and rinse our workout clothes in the sink, then clip them to the back of our balcony chairs to dry (only when docked; we remove the clips for sailing!). If not in a balcony, there is the clothesline in the bathroom, though we've found clothes never fully dry when we hang them from there. Hence the deck chairs. :)

I use wickaways, wash them in the shower while I am showering, wring them out in the shower and after I have dried off from the shower, I wring them out again in towels to remove remaining liquid. They are usually dry within 15 minutes and ready for the next workout.

These are good tips. I've done the sink trick but didn't think to bring powder. I used regular soap witch sorta worked.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The provided shampoo is also good for washing clothes, no nee to carry extra stuff.

Invest in some Ex-Officio brand clothing, easy to wash & quick dry, durable & last, lightweight & easy to pack. Easy to find & buy them online at Cabelas or Sierra Trading Post, or other stores that sell sporting/outdoor gears.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/exofficio~b~5881/clothing~d~5/?afsrc=1&gclid=CjwKEAjw-_e7BRDs97mdpJzXwh0SJABSdUH0pRBX5JM9pMYViTktI1M7Yc1AYjS5h1RksCXTwukezxoCGjLw_wcB&codes-processed=true

We always have a few 3-1-1 laundry soap sheets (Bounce, Purex or Travelon) as they weight next to nothing, TSA-compliant for air travel (online @ Amazon or Walmart locally, etc.)

BTW, that Breakaway runner's/jogging track on deck 16 is terrible, watch out for crossing foot traffic and Uptown Grill runners with food plates.

I saw pictures of the escape running track and It looks like it goes by a bar and a lot of foot traffic. From one picture it looks like wet people drip on the track. Guess I will run inside.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The provided shampoo is also good for washing clothes, no nee to carry extra stuff.

I exercise daily and I have 2 quick dry shorts and sleeveless jerseys. I find the sink is too small and inconvenient. I wash them while in the shower. The gel and shampoo work just fine.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I washed our clothes in the sink during our 16-day cruise (both quick-dry and 100% cotton) using the handsoap by the sink. I would squeeze out as much water by hand as I could, then put a bath towel on the bed and lay out the cotton garments. Fold the towel over the clothes and roll up (like a jelly roll) and then gently twist the towel "log". The towel absorbs extra water, so clothes dry more quickly. Then hang in the shower over night. I never had to wait more than a day for our clothes to dry.

I washed our clothes in the sink during our 16-day cruise (both quick-dry and 100% cotton) using the handsoap by the sink. I would squeeze out as much water by hand as I could, then put a bath towel on the bed and lay out the cotton garments. Fold the towel over the clothes and roll up (like a jelly roll) and then gently twist the towel "log". The towel absorbs extra water, so clothes dry more quickly. Then hang in the shower over night. I never had to wait more than a day for our clothes to dry.

The towel trick is the key for sure. Even heavier jersey material will be dry next day from a previous morning's workout.

NCL Star had a helpful feature in the bathroom - the faucet could be swung away from the sink, rather like the faucet you might have over your double bowl kitchen sink. Made washing clothes so much easier!

That is what I use. I then roll them up with towels to get the excess water out of them before hanging them on the line in the shower. They are ready to use the next day.

Using the shampoo sound like a good idea - thank you. With a 9 day over-seas itinerary (plus a few days pre-cruise) next year, we will be trying to conserve as much weight and space as possible, so I will probably keep the detergent at home for that trip (although we will probably need to send some stuff to the laundry at some point while on the cruise).

Also thanks to those who mentioned the size of the track (going on Getaway, which is the same as the Breakaway). There was an 1/8th mile track on my last cruise, but spent most of my aerobic days on the treadmill/stationary bicycle due to rain and the length just did not seem optimal for Jogging (I consider myself a jogger, those that go faster than me are runners). From the few descriptions and pics I have seen of the Breakaway/Getaway track, unless I get out there really early, I can imagine it getting really jammed up:

o.jpg

Edited by Travel R

Also thanks to those who mentioned the size of the track (going on Getaway, which is the same as the Breakaway). There was an 1/8th mile track on my last cruise, but spent most of my aerobic days on the treadmill/stationary bicycle due to rain and the length just did not seem optimal for Jogging (I consider myself a jogger, those that go faster than me are runners). From the few descriptions and pics I have seen of the Breakaway/Getaway track, unless I get out there really early, I can imagine it getting really jammed up:

o.jpg

I was on the Breakaway and the jogging track is a joke. It was officially only open from 5:00 am to 9:00 am and then 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The rest of the time you have to contend with tons of people placing lounge chairs on the track or just walking through to the ropes and dining areas.

I always ran on the deck 7 promenade. You can only run the length of the ship on each side. They do not connect. But, it was always devoid of people except for an occasional smoker or someone playing shuffle board. It took far fewer laps than the tiny track top side to put my miles in and I was out of the sun as I ran on the shady side of the ship.