Riverside Hotel or Embassy on 17th Street

Biris

If you get to the riverside after 8 pm . are there still places that you can go and eat? Do the restaurants close early? How far of a walk would it be to walk from the Riverside to Embassy suites? Has anyone done it?

Las Olas stays open way beyond 8:)......you will find MANY restaurants

open and will have no issues finding a place to eat.

And in my opinion, no way to walk from Las Olas to 17th Street.:eek:

Too far, too much traffic....I have stayed in both areas over the last 15

years...no way would I walk from one to the other.

Las Olas stays open way beyond 8:)......you will find MANY restaurants

open and will have no issues finding a place to eat.

And in my opinion, no way to walk from Las Olas to 17th Street.:eek:

Too far, too much traffic....I have stayed in both areas over the last 15

years...no way would I walk from one to the other.

Thank you so much for your response. It was a great help. Guess we will have to take a taxi to go and visit our freinds.

Thank you so much for your response. It was a great help. Guess we will have to take a taxi to go and visit our freinds.

Last year we took a taxi from Los Olas to the ES and the cost was $10.00 with tip.

• 11 months later...

I see this thread is a year old but seriously considering canceling Lago Mar and booking four rooms at the Riverside, which will save me over $425. We are getting into FLL about 11 am - 12 pm, have 12 family members ranging from 9-72 and my kids will be 24 and 20 (with their friends) and having the restaurants and shops/bars on Los Olas will be great for all of us, especially that it is my sister's birthday. I read that the food in the hotel is also good. We are staying one night and cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on RCCL the next day.

Would you cancel Lago Mar and book Riverside for $425 less?

Thank you.

I see this thread is a year old but seriously considering canceling Lago Mar and booking four rooms at the Riverside, which will save me over $425. We are getting into FLL about 11 am - 12 pm, have 12 family members ranging from 9-72 and my kids will be 24 and 20 (with their friends) and having the restaurants and shops/bars on Los Olas will be great for all of us, especially that it is my sister's birthday. I read that the food in the hotel is also good. We are staying one night and cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on RCCL the next day.

Thank you.

Both hotels are fine and enjoyable. You seem keen on looking for something less than Lago Mar. So yes, go stay at Riverside.

Both hotels are fine and enjoyable. You seem keen on looking for something less than Lago Mar. So yes, go stay at Riverside.

Thanks. It's not super important that I find something less than Lago Mar and my mom has the money to book it (and we did) but my dh thought it was a lot for one night ($954) for all of us and I said I would try to look and see if we can get something less but just as good.

Maybe I will just book Riverside tomorrow and cancel Lago Mar.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Without a doubt and especially considering that you are a big group. While the Lago Mar is lovely it is isolated so getting transportation for 12 people to dinner or any sightseeing will be expensive. As you said, the Riverside is in a great location for restaurants and taking the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) or the Carrie B (http://www.carriebcruises.com) to see Fort Lauderdale from the water.

I looked into the Riverside Hotel and I must admit that it looks lovely and sounds like a great location. However they don't have shuttle service from the airport to hotel. I got a quote and with tip it will cost $71 for the 6 of us. anyone know how much it will cost to get a shuttle to the port.

I looked into the Riverside Hotel and I must admit that it looks lovely and sounds like a great location. However they don't have shuttle service from the airport to hotel. I got a quote and with tip it will cost $71 for the 6 of us. anyone know how much it will cost to get a shuttle to the port.

Never judge a hotel by whether it offers a shuttle.

Shuttles run on their schedule, not yours; many hotels will pick up from FLL no more than once an hour no matter how many guests are waiting. Especially from hotel to ship--your ship always ends up being the last one the shuttle gets to.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful, run on demand and non-stop to your destination.

Two taxis from FLL to the Riverside should be a good bit less than $71 combined. And Uber or Lyft even less. Same goes for getting to the ship.

We have used a shuttle service from the Riverside to the pier on more than one occasion. The hotel had an arrangement with a shuttle service. Four or less passengers was $10.00pp. Five or more passengers the cost was $7.00pp. Plus tip of course. This was around two years ago so prices may have changed.