Question about MIA

ronrick1943

You should be OK. Last time on Riviera -- we had a delay in customs processing and did not get off until 0845h We had a car and by 9:15 we passed the airport. You should be able to disembark under normal condition earlier.

Edited by PaulMCO

You should be OK but best check to see how many other ships are disembarking in Miami that morning. Nothing is for sure in Miami ;)

We spent over an hour and a half in the security line one time when there were five ships unloading. Given the size of some of the ships these days they can dump 6-10,000 people into the airport in a couple of hours. TSA staffs for the daily average. The airline counters were also backed up with long lines. In addition, there were numerous idiots trying to bring multiple bottles of liquor through security in their carry on's. Many were quite willing to stand there and argue until the handcuffs came out. Not our favorite airport :)

Edited by robbie21
typo

Would help if you have TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry (with included TSA Pre-Check). Last time in MIA the regular security lines were horrendous.

John

This... 100%. MIA can be a real nightmare at peak times (such as morning). TSA Pre will almost certainly get you through TSA in less than 30 minutes if not less than 10! $100 for that PLUS Global Entry (expedited US Border Control) and is good for five years. A must have if you fly at least once a year IMHO.

Funny story today. I was flying back from OKC (small airport) and I actually witnessed a guy trying to get hedge clippers through TSA screening in his carryon. Add we were 2 seconds from take off when a lady right next to me started having a straight out panic attack and panickly screaming "get me off, get me off!" (in the exit row, to boot). We headed back to the gate to let her off. My arm is bruised from her grabbing it whilst said freak out was going on. All this before 8:00am.

Business travel... :rolleyes:

Edited by corpkid

Thanks for the information, we do have TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry. Plus also have very high status with airline and it will be on a Friday (not Saturday).

Rick

PS/ anyone have a good car service in Miami ??

Edited by ronrick1943

Thanks for the information, we do have TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry. Plus also have very high status with airline and it will be on a Friday (not Saturday).

Rick

PS/ anyone have a good car service in Miami ??

Infinity Transportation, Miami

We were just TSA approved. Can we use this in LAX when flying to London ? We have only been on Domestic flights since TSA approved. I know we would need Global entry for flights outside of US.

Depends on the airline you use. First you need to check with the airline you are flying if they are a part of the TSA Pre program. The US major airlines are but, most foreign airlines are not part of the program. The only way to use it is if the airline prints PRE on your boarding pass and in order for that to occur, you need to go to the airline website and enter your TSA number that you will find on your GOES account or on the card they gave you. This only works if your airline is a part of TSA Pre. We can tell you if it will work if you provide your airline and if it is a Code Share or not as that can make a difference. Then if your airline is good, you have to take the next step on your account with the airline. i.e. you have to join the airlines frequent flyer program to set up an account and then find on your account page the place to enter your number. Sorry it is so complicated but, it is what it is. You cannot simply show your card to enter the Pre lane. Good luck,

Hey I love Miami a ton - everything about it - and I don't want to be a party poop about the airport. But while we're on the subject, I do want to say the only time I've ever had anything stolen from my checked luggage has been in Miami (twice). And that's after years of flying all over the world, literally. We were always in a hurry in the Miami airport, so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Just sayin'.....

Hey I love Miami a ton - everything about it - and I don't want to be a party poop about the airport. But while we're on the subject, I do want to say the only time I've ever had anything stolen from my checked luggage has been in Miami (twice). And that's after years of flying all over the world, literally. We were always in a hurry in the Miami airport, so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Just sayin'.....

Same here :(

Only once, but that was once too many for me.