Fort Lauderdale pre cruise hotel

khewston

Looking for opinions and advice on hotels in Fort Lauderdale. We will be there for 2 nights. We are considering the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina but also looking at the Hyatt Pier 66. We would like something with easy access to the water taxi, restaurants and close to the pier. Being able to see our ship port in the morning would be an added bonus!

I have syaed at both - loved pier 66 and really liked Hilton.

Pier 66 no longer has a water taxi stop (well didnt last year).

Hilton has a water taxi stop and is over the bridge wich can be an advavtage to some.

We would choose Pier 66 if just wanting to relax and enjoy the pool/grounds.

Marriott BeachPlace Towers right on the beach on Las Olas Blvd.

Just a correction on the location Marriott Beach Place Towers - that hotel is not on Las Olas Blvd if that should be important to the OP or other readers; it is a couple of hundred feet north of the beach end (not the area famous for its restaurants and shops) of Las Olas. There are plenty of 'beachy' shops, restaurants and bars along A1A (the beach road) though. The only hotel on Las Olas in the downtown area of Fort Lauderdale is the Riverside.

I second Keith's recommendation to check out the Florida Departures Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by capriccio

Just a correction on the location Marriott Beach Place Towers - that hotel is not on Las Olas Blvd if that should be important to the OP or other readers; it is a couple of hundred feet north of the beach end (not the area famous for its restaurants and shops) of Las Olas. There are plenty of 'beachy' shops, restaurants and bars along A1A (the beach road) though. The only hotel on Las Olas in the downtown area of Fort Lauderdale is the Riverside.

I second Keith's recommendation to check out the Florida Departures Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I stand corrected but i still say Marriott BeachPlace Tower is #1 for me

Please also come over to the Florida Departures Board as this question comes up there a few times per week.

Keith

Thank you, Keith, for the information and for not being rude like the poster before you! I am new to this board.

Kathy