11:20am Flight From San Juan

Hello,

Checking return flights from AOS for April 2017, flight times leaving san juan jump from 11:20am to after 2pm on sw to bwi, have heard bad stories regarding flight changes on aa and their flight times are worse.

Layovers from San juan to Philly are horrendous.

for those who have sailed out of San Juan is a flight at 11:20 pushing it? All suggestions are appreciated

Regards,

Twice we've had easy quick departures from our RCI ship to SJU.....Just recently (May) did self disembark (7:00am) and at our AA departure gate before 9:00am for our 10:30am flight.

You can make it if there are no delays. Either do self-debarkation or request the earliest time to debark. Get your own cab, do not take a shuttle that takes time to fill up. If you are off the ship early, traffic to the airport will not be bad and that early in the morning, there will not be much activity at the airport either.

I have flown out of San Juan 5 times. Without doing self assist or hiring a porter, we have been at the gate before 9:00 AM. This includes three flights out of San Juan this year. I have very high anxiety about such things, and I would not hesitate to do it. I am dreading my 2:00 PM fight from San Juan next month. The airport is not customer friendly at all despite recent improvements so a long wait there is worse than at most airports I have experienced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have flown out of San Juan 5 times. Without doing self assist or hiring a porter, we have been at the gate before 9:00 AM. This includes three flights out of San Juan this year. I have very high anxiety about such things, and I would not hesitate to do it. I am dreading my 2:00 PM fight from San Juan next month. The airport is not customer friendly at all despite recent improvements so a long wait there is worse than at most airports I have experienced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

At least there is a nice bar/restaurant in the SW terminal that we killed 90 minutes at.

We have an upcoming April 2017 Cruise out of San Juan on JOS was wondering where your finding Southwest's April 2017 Schedule as its not released until August 4th? Current scheduling on site only goes out to March 5 or so for now. :confused:

As the other posters have said, if you can do self-disembarkation, you can be off the ship around 7am. Jump in a taxi, and on a weekend morning, you'll be at the airport within a half-hour. Plenty of time to check-in. Make sure you do the agriculture inspection before you go up to the check-in desk.

We had a 2pm flight, and we were able to fly stand-by on a 9:30am flight. We were home in NY, unpacked and doing laundry, before the original flight left San Juan!

I am not a risk-taker, but an 11:20am flight is do-able. The key is to get off the ship as early as possible.

Edited by DonnaK

We have an upcoming April 2017 Cruise out of San Juan on JOS was wondering where your finding Southwest's April 2017 Schedule as its not released until August 4th? Current scheduling on site only goes out to March 5 or so for now. :confused:

i have friends who will be flying back on 03/04/2017 who wanted to know. I asked cc to help, I know SWA only goes to 03/08 since we will be returning from our cruise in April any and all suggestions are appreciated

I have done it before and would do it again. The key is to have a back up plan in the event something goes wrong and you don't make it.

We did not stress about it because if we had to spend another night in Puerto Rico, oh well. The world would not end, lives would not be shattered. It might be costly but, again, we were prepared for the worst.

Best advice I can give you, is get off in first group (if you can't self debark), grab a porter IMMEDIATELY. He will help with your luggage and get you through customs. Best 15 bucks spent,

At the airport, grab a porter IMMEDIATELY. He will help you through ag inspection and to check in. Second best 15 bucks spent.

If you are prepared not to make it, you will not be stressing if time gets short.

Love sailing from San Juan, enjoy!

Karen

• 9 months later...

Hi! I know this thread is from last year, but I want to see if there are any recent experiences to share for Adventure OTS disembarkation and flights from SJU.

I am looking at an 11:20 am SW flight; the next one is 3:30 pm. Royal Caribbean said that any flight after 11:00 is okay, but I am concerned this is pushing it if we do not do self disembarkation. How do you get to be in one of the first groups off the ship; do they take into account your flight time?

Does TSA pre-check/Global Entry get you any priority in the Ag line? :evilsmile:

Thank you!!

Hi! I know this thread is from last year, but I want to see if there are any recent experiences to share for Adventure OTS disembarkation and flights from SJU.

I am looking at an 11:20 am SW flight; the next one is 3:30 pm. Royal Caribbean said that any flight after 11:00 is okay, but I am concerned this is pushing it if we do not do self disembarkation. How do you get to be in one of the first groups off the ship; do they take into account your flight time?

Does TSA pre-check/Global Entry get you any priority in the Ag line? :evilsmile:

Thank you!!

The AG Line has never been an issue but the GE won't help, TSA precheck is your best friend. I had Global entry for my March cruise and there were two lines, one with porters and those without. We were given the first or second group off the ship based on flight time. We had a 10:20 AM flight and were there about 8:30 to 9:00.

AA had changed my original flight to 9:00 so changed to the 10:20 flight without issues.

Thank you!!

You can ask for a #2 or #3 luggage tag which gets you off at 7:35. It's for passengers with an early flight. Then get a porter to expedite getting through customs if your nervous above getting to the airport. You'll probably get to your gate around 9:00. You don't want to spend any extra time at the San Juan airport. You can't even check your bags until 4 hours before your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Adventure in February and flew Southwest and had an 11:35 flight. We did not do self assist. We had the first luggage tags, got a porter once we were called. We were at the airport and at our gate before 9 am. I would not hesitate to do that flight again.

I just know for me in September it was beyond nuts, beyond backed up, beyond chaos, and beyond hot. I thought I was going to pass out. Cold water. It was just me, so I should of just jumped in the line and left. I made my 2pm flight after a power outage to boot at the airport. I was trying to call the kennel. I never got through but I made it. Beyond stressful few hours.

Basically if you are TSA Pre they are not doing that, so normal line. Don't forget your carry on has to go through the second scanner and line. Quirks of PR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! Hopefully we won't regret it, but decided to book the 11:20 am flight and DH agreed to express debarkation. I appreciate the info on the porters and tips too. We will do that as well.