Equinox Redeployment

Wine-O

We are scheduled on the Equinox 24 April 2017 TA. According to Celebrity, that TA will be cancelled, and Equinox will be permanently deployed to the Caribbean.

Information should be forthcoming from Celebrity.

We are scheduled on the Equinox 24 April 2017 TA. According to Celebrity, that TA will be cancelled, and Equinox will be permanently deployed to the Caribbean.

Can't say it surprises me with what's going on right now. But hell, people would already have their air, that sucks.

Do you mind me asking where you heard this information? We are scheduled for September 2017 and would be so disappointed to have our cruise cancelled. Oddly enough, when I go on the Celebrity Site, ours is the only cruise not coming up. :confused:

Do you mind me asking where you heard this information? We are scheduled for September 2017 and would be so disappointed to have our cruise cancelled. Oddly enough, when I go on the Celebrity Site, ours is the only cruise not coming up. :confused:

They all came up for me but then when I clicked into them go get a price it said my category was not available. I'm sorry!!

They all came up for me but then when I clicked into them go get a price it said my category was not available. I'm sorry!!

Don't be sorry...you didn't make the decision [emoji4]. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. Thankfully, it is too early for us to book air so if this is true, we aren't losing anything.

All I can say is yikes! Caribbean is bad enough in the winter, can't imagine what it's like in the summer... wonder what demographic a July or August Caribbean cruise will attract?

I am wondering how you judge "Caribbean is bad enough in winter"? I hope you're not talking about the weather.

DW and I always enjoy our winter time in the sun with Celebrity.

PS our demographic is late 50's early 60's and we've always enjoyed every Celebrity cruise. It's nice of you to share your ship with us little people.

We also welcome having Equinox all year round in the Caribbean and would strongly consider it. The Caribbean is definitely more temperate than New York in July and August.

Edited by NordicPrince

I am wondering how you judge "Caribbean is bad enough in winter"? I hope you're not talking about the weather.

DW and I always enjoy our winter time in the sun with Celebrity.

PS our demographic is late 50's early 60's and we've always enjoyed every Celebrity cruise. It's nice of you to share your ship with us little people.

We also welcome having Equinox all year round in the Caribbean and would strongly consider it. The Caribbean is definitely more temperate than New York in July and August.

Definitely talking about the weather :) I can understand that in the winter folks who live in places with freezing temperatures & snow want to get away from it, but when you've lived your whole life without humidity... or a real mosquito problem, it's difficult to understand the appeal... When I mentioned demographic for summer Caribbean, I was thinking more of people flying in from Antartica or the North Pole... just figured people already living somewhere hot & humid wouldn't want to go to another hot & humid place... but I guess I'm wrong...:) Enjoy the Equinox in the Caribbean, she's my favorite ship when she's in the Med. :) it's definitely my loss & your gain. :)

On the UK website a filter of European cruises on the Equinox next year comes up with only two cruises, both of which are actually carribean cruises (celebrity website ALWAYS) get something wrong. This coupled with a lot of shorter itineraries (virtually every itinerary has been chopped) and itineraries with overnights probably means we'll consider other cruise lines next year.

The Celebrity website shows all Caribbean cruises when I did a search from April-November.

Lots of 7 days cruises...

Yes, I was hoping for some more exciting itineraries through the summer. Looks like mainly 7 days Western Caribbean :(.

Intriguing, The westbound TA departing 3 nov 2017 is still being sold on the UK website. !

The Celebrity website shows all Caribbean cruises when I did a search from April-November.

Lots of 7 days cruises...

Hi...looks like there are all 10/11 night cruises on EQUINOX.....at least

in April and May.

If Celebrity is doing this, I expect to see Royal do the same. I also expect to see the other cruise lines do some of the same repositioning. If you cruise the Caribbean, this is great news....at least for now!:):)

BILL

My September 4th cruise from Barcelona is now showing up as an 11-night Southern out of Miami. I wonder when they were going to let us know....[emoji53]. Very disappointing

There are 4 webinars with travel agents over the next 2 days. I'll bet that this will be covered with TAs and then released to the general public.

BILL

My September 4th cruise from Barcelona is now showing up as an 11-night Southern out of Miami. I wonder when they were going to let us know....[emoji53]. Very disappointing

Hello,

Yikes...sorry.

Maybe they will let you transfer to the Eclipse out of Southampton on Sept 3 ? Hope you find something comparable and that meets your desires !!

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

If Celebrity is doing this, I expect to see Royal do the same. I also expect to see the other cruise lines do some of the same repositioning. If you cruise the Caribbean, this is great news....at least for now!:):)

BILL

I hope not because I'm rebooking on Brilliance TA for 17 April. Hate to see that one cancelled and going Caribbean for the summer also. :eek:

I hope not because I'm rebooking on Brilliance TA for 17 April. Hate to see that one cancelled and going Caribbean for the summer also. :eek:

I think each cruiseline will reposition a ship, or two, from Europe to the Caribbean...not all the ships...

Unfortunately, we are living in rapidly changing times...:(

BILL

I still remember there used to be year round Caribbean sailings with major cruise lines. Then suddenly everyone saw the big pie in Europe and moved their ships there. Only RCI and NCL sail the Caribbean sea in the summer.

With all the events happening lately in Europe, it is not surprise that cruise liners are re-deploying their ships back to somewhere that is safer and more stable.

If more ships are coming back this side of the world then we shall see fewer TA sailings, and I bet the price will go up accordingly.

Just received notification of cancellation of our 8th May Equinox sailing :mad:

Initial look at alternatives do not offer any suitable ones for our dates.

We have just booked pre cruise accommodation and flights :mad:

All we need is for Equinox to be pulled and bang goes my big birthday TA celebration in Oct 2017!

Needless to say on hold for Celebrity and have been for the past 15 minutes!

Oh and I don't think I'm going to chance transferring to Reflection sailing offered for the same date (although from Rome) as it's due to call at Istanbul and Kusadasi, I don't think that'll happen without changes!

Edited by peteukmcr

It's a shame there will be less x boats in the Med during the summer! I'll have less choice of cruises to take...

Who knows, maybe with Brexit, more stops will be scheduled for ships visiting the UK to get the vat benifit of a port outside the EU :D