Pinnacle lunch

What steak do they serve at lunch in the Pinnacle. I have sometimes seen it as fillet steak and sometimes as Strip steak(?).

Has always been a filet when we have been there.

They serve a blue cheese encrusted filet for lunch. It is amazingly good. I also highly recommend the 5 onion soup. Some days my DH and I would go in and just have two bowls of soup and bread.

The Pacific Rim beef salad is very good. The shrimp and crab cake is also excellent. Not too crazy about the Wagu burger as it is so thick it is difficult to get a bite of it. LOL

Dessert choices are chocolate decadence brownie (yum) lime pana cotta ( DH's fave ) or fruit plate ( very good ).

Hope this helps.

... I still think it is the best value item on the ship.

... I suggest that you stop by the Pinnacle on the first day and find out what days they will be open.

I also suggest that you make a reservation just in case they do get busy.

Agree & agree again!!!

Smooth sailing ...

If you have an idea when you want to have lunch in the Pinnacle, I highly recommend making reservations. I very rarely have lunch there, but last cruise my friends and I got a spur of the moment desire to do just that.

No room. The group that had just completed the cooking class had filled the place.

Many times yes, you can just walk up; but next time I won't chance it.

Traveling With The Jones have the entire menu along with photos of the delicious offerings: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2016/01/14/the-new-pinnacle-grill-lunch-menu-on-holland-america

Thanks for the advice on reservations. With eight sea days on our upcoming cruise we'd certainly like to try it once or twice ;)

The lunch steak is just the right size and well seasoned. I once made the mistake of taking all my meals in the Pinnacle on a sea day. I was so stuffed with rich food by the end of dinner I was miserable. My suggestion is indulge in a long lunch with desert then do a light dinner in the lido.

Traveling With The Jones have the entire menu along with photos of the delicious offerings: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2016/01/14/the-new-pinnacle-grill-lunch-menu-on-holland-america

Thanks for the advice on reservations. With eight sea days on our upcoming cruise we'd certainly like to try it once or twice ;)

Thank you so much for posting this. :):D

I very much enjoyed the new pinnacle-grill lunch menu and dinner menu, plus le Cirque menu, Master Chef's Table menu and the New York Pizza menu. All those photos have me starving now and full of anticipation for my Alaska cruise next month.:cool:

I looked at the lunch menu. Has anyone tried the blackened cod sandwich? I haven't seen anyone mention it so does that mean it isn't very good?

DH had it and really liked it :) I had a taste and agreed ;) . I think people don't mention it as many most likely choose the filet, etc.

Just read the new menu that was linked. Wow. My favorite stuff is gone. Figures. Sigh. Maybe I can talk the chef into making the soup for me one day. I am very disappointed. Oh well. Things change.

Just read the new menu that was linked. Wow. My favorite stuff is gone. Figures. Sigh. Maybe I can talk the chef into making the soup for me one day. I am very disappointed. Oh well. Things change.

I agree!

My DH loved the scallop creme brulee and I often ordered the halibut sandwich, but both are now gone. Time to try the rest. The strawberry pavlova and chocolate brownie are still there -- YAY!

I agree!

My DH loved the scallop creme brulee and I often ordered the halibut sandwich, but both are now gone. Time to try the rest. The strawberry pavlova and chocolate brownie are still there -- YAY!

If you like fish, the prawn bruschetta is very yummy as is the cod sandwich :)

crab cakes are always good :)